Page 20 of 129 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    After starting the game in September 2011, tonight I finally beat Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I’m a real procrastinator.

I'm really far in Among Thieves and Drake's Deception so I need to get on 'em too.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

What are you playing?

So I just got back from GameStop and picked up this beauty for a whoppin' $11.95 - it's brand new and on clearance as of last week. If you want one (they had PS3 copies too) I would highly recommend looking now. The girl behind the counter told me that once these items go on clearance (read: marked as used) they just toss the extra stuff in the trash and sell the game solo.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I now have every NES, SNES and Game Boy game on my laptop. Exams begin next week. CURSE YOU, NINTENDO!

I'm currently rocking Mega Man 7.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I now have every NES, SNES and Game Boy game on my laptop. Exams begin next week. CURSE YOU, NINTENDO!

Christ alive, that would destroy any productivity I'd hope to have for all time.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Bought Mass Effect Trilogy used for 40 bucks, first time I touched these games. The first one feels kinda ancient.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Started up Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary since I bought it a long time ago and only ever played the first level and am loving it all over again, think I might actually try to get the 1000GS for it.
    So yeah I don't think this is going to happen. I beat it on normal over the weekend and have cleaned up most of the achievements. I think I'll be able to get through it on legendary using a dummy controller but beating The Library on at least heroic without dying and beating it on legendary in 30 minutes or less are most likely not going to be taking place. I kind of forgot how much of a pain in the ass that level is until right when I started it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post

Could you imagine having this in like 1993? Good Lord, it would be like I went to heaven.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd love to be playing SimCity right now, but the servers are rammed. Le sigh.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I didn't realise they'd pushed the Mac release back to 'spring'.. cue a sad James... but considering the frustrations people are going through, I'm kinda glad I'm avoiding the headache..

I've been playing Dead or Alive 5 as it was added to the EU PS+ instant game collection... its.. uncomfortably jiggly.. almost mesmerizing. I can't really comment about the game play. I think there is a game somewhere. All characters have done is talk nonsense, sweat and jiggle.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    "I jump from every rooftop"

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Doing my usual on again-off again playing of God of War III.

Beat Hades today in one try, I'm only on normal but he's nothing to sneeze at, and it was awesome. I think in this generation, GOWIII has some of the best boss battle sequences I've ever played.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: What are you playing?

Just finished Tomb Raider. Now I'm goofing around on Infamous.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Doing my usual on again-off again playing of God of War III.

Beat Hades today in one try, I'm only on normal but he's nothing to sneeze at, and it was awesome. I think in this generation, GOWIII has some of the best boss battle sequences I've ever played.
    Beating him on Titan mode..... the most frustrating shit in video games.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I read/heard he is the hardest boss in the game on those modes and I can see why!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I did it... the only challenge for the platinum trophy that I remember being really hard was the fight against Zeus. That drove me insane.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I read/heard he is the hardest boss in the game on those modes and I can see why!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai
    I did it... the only challenge for the platinum trophy that I remember being really hard was the fight against Zeus. That drove me insane.

Yea Space, he is a beast. Even when you time and memorize his movement patterns, some are just impossible to dodge and therefore dying very fast lol.

And dam Zeus was freaking hard as well, but I found it much easier to win that battle since it gets very repetitive on how you can hit him. The only GOW that I need to get Platinum is GOW II. Also, this reminds me of beating Aries in the first game on the hardest mode.... geez talk about wanting to break something.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

What are you playing?

Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    F1 2011 again. I finally made the Ferrari team, yeah!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    I finally made the Ferrari team, yeah!
    Boo and hiss, sir.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Do you play, or play 2012? Or are you a fan of F1 and can't wait for Sunday?? I am a nerd.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Having lots of fun with this game!

My first time through it, i also played the really crappy port of the PC original.

Funny timing with just playing this though cause I've been friends with American McGee on Facebook for i don't know how long but he just posted about maybe wanting to buy the rights to Alice back from EA so he can put out Alice 3 a lot faster, could possibly be in talks at GDC, funding might be done via kickstarter though. He's going to see if there's enough interest first i guess.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Do you play, or play 2012? Or are you a fan of F1 and can't wait for Sunday?? I am a nerd.
    I'd love to play it, but I have trouble with racing games - I have chronic fatigue syndrome and they tend to exhaust me. I'm an F1 watcher though, and any time something awful happens to Ferrari, it performs some strange necromancy on the parts of me that were dead inside. If I support anyone, I guess it would be McLaren... couldn't believe it when Lewis left the team.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    My first time through it, i also played the really crappy port of the PC original.
    I didn't really think the port was that bad, though I played it on the 360. Hell, I could never beat the game on the pc, but somehow managed to beat it on the 360.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I didn't really think the port was that bad, though I played it on the 360. Hell, I could never beat the game on the pc, but somehow managed to beat it on the 360.
    I think its more that the PC one wasn't that great in the first place.. I've got the PS3 release of it and its pretty much the same. The first one is better remembered for its ambition design than being a particular good game.

I really like Madness Returns, its just a bit long and drawn out in places. Some of the locations are stunning.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    I think its more that the PC one wasn't that great in the first place.. I've got the PS3 release of it and its pretty much the same. The first one is better remembered for its ambition design than being a particular good game.

I really like Madness Returns, its just a bit long and drawn out in places. Some of the locations are stunning.
    I don't know i can't even remember much of my first experience with the PC version.

Playing it on PS3 though, ugh the amount of glitches and weird controls. Never mind the fact that it feels like you're ice skating everywhere (before you even get to the ice environments lol) but my copy always seemed to take control of it's self to the point where if i wasn't pushing on the thumbstick for the character to move in any direction she would just start moving on her own when all i want to do is stand still do be able to aim at something and then all of a sudden I've ran off a cliff, really annoyed me and then there was this weird thing that happened a few times where the game somehow disassociated it's self from my controller, it would seem like the game froze but the world was still active, all the animations and environmental details where still in motion but yet i couldn't control anything, couldn't even get the XMB interface to pop up by hitting the PS button so i could quit the game, it's a miracle i was able to put myself through all of that to finish it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tomb Raider. It is my introduction into the series. It is amazing and I think I'm liking it more than Uncharted but by the end i'll know for sure. It's my favorite game of 2013 so far. It will be hard to beat for me, well maybe Beyond: Two Souls.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The degree of realness that shit has just reached CANNOT BE MEASURED.

This local place down the road is a goldmine for used (and sometimes unopened) PS1 and PS2 goodness, in great condition for extremely cheap. Found this baby for $20 bucks, in near-new condition, without a single blemish or scratch on the game disc or the bonus DVD. Now, I begin the hunt for the other three. (The same store had part two, but for $40. Maybe I'll pick it up in a month or so if I can't find it for less.) I walked up to the counter with this and the guy goes, "Ohhhh, man, that's a good fuckin' choice," and we just sat and talked about PS2 games for a few. I'll definitely be going back here to start rebuilding my childhood collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saint's Row 3. I'm waiting for number 4, because Johnny Gat is NOT dead!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Plauge Inc. has stolen many hours from me this past week. Don't usually play to many games but every now and then one comes along and sucks me up for a short time and this seems to be one of them.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    All of the Assassins Creed games are on sale right now on Steam for 50-75% off, I just got II and Brotherhood for $5 each! Gonna be playing a lot of them in the next few weeks.