Thread: What are you playing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    edit .....
    Last edited by kel; 08-19-2016 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    my husband and i like to get drunk and play super mario 2 and 3. last night i randomly summoned the ghost coin ship on world 1.
    that is one of the cutest things i've ever heard. :}

i've been playing through the new HD Twilight Princess. it's definitely (mostly) much nicer playing with a regular controller (i'm using the Wii U gamepad) as opposed to the Wii remote, but, because i have only ever played on the Wii before, everything is backwards to me. and i played through it multiple times on the Wii, which means everything i'm used to being a certain direction is reversed, which is very disconcerting haha. oh well, at least link is properly let-handed. it's also really nice to be able to manually adjust the camera without just constantly having to ZL target.

i think the only thing i REALLY DON'T like is that, because of how i set my camera to be adjusted in third person (reverse horizontal axis), it makes it so when i'm in first person trying to aim (where i'm used to normal horiz axis, reverse vertical axis), i can't use the control stick, and i have to move the gamepad around, which is a bit cumbersome. that said, it's a small gripe, and i'll definitely get used to it.

the game looks/sounds BEAUTIFUL and it plays really well. plus, they made it so you don't get the "you got a blue rupee! that's worth 5 rupees!" every time. it's just "you got 5 rupees" now haha