Page 79 of 129 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 3846

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Dead Space 1 is amazing.

Out of the games you were asking about, Dark Souls is what I'd recommend, any game in that series (well, any but part II), actually if your system is backwards compatible with Dark Souls 1 and 2, start with part one. It's intentionally overly challenging in the beginning, but if you get through that, these games are crazy worlds to explore. And I'm sure used copies of Dark Souls 1 are practically free now.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-13-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm on the dead space 1 bandwagon as well. Possibly the best survival horror game ive played in a long time. Second one is good too.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    playing dead space 1 for free on Xbox due to the free EA play on Xbox live.

It looks like DS 1 is free a swell . I was going to buy Dark souls 3 but saw the price, going to have to wait until I attempt to beat the first two.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Picked up Minecraft Switch Edition on a whim the other night and I am hooked. I had originally picked it up for XB1 but hated playing on the TV. Having it on the Switch seems more appropriate for some reason. Already logged 14 hours of play time in two days (O_O)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I had such a hard time beating that asteroid shooting part in dead space 1 .

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I had such a hard time beating that asteroid shooting part in dead space 1 .
    Ever get the achievement for not losing a certain amount of health? Hard as fuck and one of my proudest gaming feats hahaha.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Ever get the achievement for not losing a certain amount of health? Hard as fuck and one of my proudest gaming feats hahaha.
    I got the platinum in Dead Space, and that asteroid trophy was a nightmare. I was this close to saying "oh well, fuck it" before I got it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    That sounds impossible, I'm happy just getting through that part. The sound FX with headphones on in this game is so intense. You can hear the big growth breath " be patient you will have your time " sigh.. I wonder if someone with a weak heart has ever Had heart complications due to the stress of some of these games
    Last edited by Rdm; 06-22-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just beat Dead Space 1. Easily the best game I have ever played. The games graphics still look great today and that was almost 10 years ago. The monster that regenerates scared the hell out of me in the beginning of the game, that growling made me want to take my headphones off. Thanks R_Z for the recommendation. Is dead space 2 and 3 worth playing ? I have read some negative things about 3.

I recently bought resident evil 4 but I think I'll hold out until I play the next two Dead Space games.

I just started my second go around just to see the upgrades I can afford now. The level 6 suit is pretty awesome, I look like a storm trooper
    Last edited by Rdm; 06-25-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Just beat Dead Space 1. Easily the best game I have ever played. The games graphics still look great today and that was almost 10 years ago. The monster that regenerates scared the hell out of me in the beginning of the game, that growling made me want to take my headphones off. Thanks R_Z for the recommendation. Is dead space 2 and 3 worth playing ? I have read some negative things about 3.

I recently bought resident evil 4 but I think I'll hold out until I play the next two Dead Space games.

I just started my second go around just to see the upgrades I can afford now. The level 6 suit is pretty awesome, I look like a storm trooper
    All three games are great but I think 2 is the weakest as it feels more like a retread of 1 than 3. 3 has FULL weapon crafting and takes place on an ice planet, Tau Volantis, most of the game. I found that awesome. It's lame to say but reminds you of The Thing sometimes due to atmosphere. The game has more exploration and hidden paths too. When you're in space at the start you have to navigate a huge chunk of a mission outside in space to get from station to station. It's also coop if your youre into that type of thing.

I played and beat 3 on classic mode difficulty and got the devil horns weapon. Awesome as shit. It's basically the hardcore earned weapon from 2 but less of a headache.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    been following the Waking Titan ARG which is linked to No Man's Sky, which totally got me in the mood for some space mooching.. so built just about everything I could in my base, started my way to the centre again, then realised how bloody far I had to go... instead I think I'm gonna start a new game.. maybe even try survival...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just picked up Cave Story for the Switch and got the sweet GameStop bundle....looking forward to diving into this indie title when I get home!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Damnit, Doom was £8 on amazon Thursday but shot up to £16 by the time i was paid...oh well, started playing Bloodborne again because why the fuck not. I love returning to the nightmare.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Picked up Elite : Dangerous : Fiddly and odd, wanna play more but doesn't make a good first impression.
    Crash N-Sane Trilogy : Did you like the first 3 crash games (I did! well.. 2 and 3) then this is them! If you always hated them I don't think the (frankly stunning) graphics are going to win you over, but these are fantastically well done remakes that are very true to the original gameplay.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I am LOVING it but I have a few complaints...

I am dying over and over and over. I'm dying from stupid shit I've never died by and things I shouldn't be dying by? Crash's jumping and the physics in this game are fucked. The coding is off from the original and from being a master pro at the original games this game I hate that I am having some difficulty. I must've tried the last boar rotisserie spit jump in Hog Wild on the N. Sane Trilogy about 15 to 18 times before I got it. I hopped on the original on my PS3 and did it in one go. So yeah....I hate that!

Otherwise I fully recommend it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Been playing a bit of Devil Daggers, man that game makes ya sweat and curse a lot lol

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I am dying over and over and over. I'm dying from stupid shit I've never died by and things I shouldn't be dying by? Crash's jumping and the physics in this game are fucked. The coding is off from the original and from being a master pro at the original games this game I hate that I am having some difficulty. I must've tried the last boar rotisserie spit jump in Hog Wild on the N. Sane Trilogy about 15 to 18 times before I got it. I hopped on the original on my PS3 and did it in one go. So yeah....I hate that!

Thought something was a little off... otherwise, I'm having fun. But yeah, I'm dying ALOT.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Started playing the first XCOM on my Vita, really freaking fun but HARD AS BALLS even on EASY!

...or i might just be bad as tactical war games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I picked it up today, I seem to be having the same problem haha. I'm absolutely terrible at platformers, but I had to give this a try since I played the original games a lot as a kid. I agree that the jumping seems a bit off, there's like a small amount of lag or something... definitely doesn't feel as responsive or snappy as it should be. It could just be me and my shitty platforming skills, though. On the other hand, the updated graphics are wonderfully vibrant. It really goes to show how far games have come in the past 21 years. All of the level environments and characters are awesome on PS4! The gameplay is still the same, and I think I've become too used to modern game mechanics...

Still, it's nice to revisit those classic Crash games.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm stuck on the "road to nowhere" stage. Some of the boards break instantly, instakill. It's fun. But I'm having a hard ass time with it

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil edition. This has to be one of my top 5 games of all time. I can lost in it and play it for hours on end. I can't wait to get the Necromancer character/DLC

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    I picked it up today, I seem to be having the same problem haha. I'm absolutely terrible at platformers, but I had to give this a try since I played the original games a lot as a kid. I agree that the jumping seems a bit off, there's like a small amount of lag or something... definitely doesn't feel as responsive or snappy as it should be. It could just be me and my shitty platforming skills, though. On the other hand, the updated graphics are wonderfully vibrant. It really goes to show how far games have come in the past 21 years. All of the level environments and characters are awesome on PS4! The gameplay is still the same, and I think I've become too used to modern game mechanics...

Still, it's nice to revisit those classic Crash games.
    The spacing and jump distance is off. If you jump a tad too soon on this version you're dead. In the older ones when Crash flip jumps he goes farther than he does on here. On Warped they completely re-did the double jump. In N. Sane Trilogy he does the crouch jump mechanic jump style, in the original he could that or the flip jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm stuck on the "road to nowhere" stage. Some of the boards break instantly, instakill. It's fun. But I'm having a hard ass time with it
    I rage quit that level due to the half boards instantly breaking. I got past it though the next time I got on the game. I'm on the final island now.

This game isn't the same from our youth. it adds a new challenge to it but it's just tirelessly lame. I bounce between 20-30 lives in the games. In the original 2 and Warped by time I'm in the 4th warp room (like I am in both now on N. Sane) I'd have close to 50-70 lives. I am perpetually stuck in the 22-30 range on N. Sane.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I still can't beat it. Its not the half boards that are doing it. Was it always like that? Or it is a glitch? I'm pretty tilted by it. Might just move on to the second game. It's that bad.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I still can't beat it. Its not the half boards that are doing it. Was it always like that? Or it is a glitch? I'm pretty tilted by it. Might just move on to the second game. It's that bad.
    I read confirmation the original coding from the PS1 games were lost so they did their best to recreate the originals timing and spacing via mesh models or some shit. They were mostly successful but made some of these levels a nightmare. I dread the castle scaling levels at the end of the third island in the first game when I get to them....

Your timing is off. The original game was more forgiving of the board landings but it was always pretty much instantaneous. You should look at this

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think I'm landing on the half boards afterall. So frustrating though. More confident now at least.

Edit:

Got it!
    Last edited by Piko; 07-04-2017 at 11:36 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I suppose this belongs in "Le Cinema" but the Castlevania Netflix show is out and apparently very good.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Spent the weekend playing through Valkyria Chronicles in order to play Valkyria Chronicles II on my Vita (it's about £4 on sale on the PSN store) Nearly there, it's a very good game. I can't start II until i complete I, so in the mean time i will be playing Power Stone Collection on the tube.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Diablo 3. I have a level 632 wizard and now I started over as a Demon Hunter that is currently level 22. I'm really addicted to this game. I'm getting the Necromancer DLC soon. The gear alone looks badass.

Anyone like to still play? You can add me on xbox one:
    madtitanthanos0

Also Overwatch.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Started Outlast tonight, it's a lot easier than i was expecting on Normal difficulty.. I mean i died a couple times but so far so good, also got the Whistleblower DLC.

Definitely a cool atmospheric game, feels so weird not being able to shoot something or at least use a melee weapon lol I've not played many games like this before that are so pacifistic.. i mean i understand the character isn't a fighter but in what circumstance do you not defend yourself in SOME way even if you're just slowing the bastard down while they're still coming after you. Also i wish you could use distractions like throwable objects i mean there's tons of shit laying around you think you'd be able to throw a brick or a pop can or something but nope... just run and hide/evade which is fine i mean it makes it more challenging and difficult to pick your moments but still....

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Diablo 3. I have a level 632 wizard and now I started over as a Demon Hunter that is currently level 22. I'm really addicted to this game. I'm getting the Necromancer DLC soon. The gear alone looks badass.

Anyone like to still play? You can add me on xbox one:
    madtitanthanos0

Also Overwatch.
    The Necromancer is amazing...SO much fun. Got the DLC last week and got up to 70 solo in less than 12 hours. You do insane amounts of damage and I wouldn't be surprised if that class is nerfed like crazy in a future update. It's so unbelievably overpowered...

I wish there were more achievements added. Most of them are really easy to get and even the "difficult" ones are more time consuming than anything else. I find it hard to grind that game without having any achievements to work toward.