Page 71 of 129 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 3845

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah sometimes there's just too much to do that isn't even fun. Every GTA game since San Andreas has been like that

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Yeah sometimes there's just too much to do that isn't even fun. Every GTA game since San Andreas has been like that
    Yeah, games like GTA turn me off. RPGs like Bethesda games I have no issue with at all concerning it.

As for the thread topic, I got my copy of Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. It's super smooth and fun as shit. I don't get the hates or negativity I'm seeing and hearing.

The open world idea makes for some fun time loss as you explore with mechanics and moves. I definitely dig it. I'll be playing awhile.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I've been playing Overwatch which lives up to and exceeds it's own hype.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Overwatch is addicting. If you like going for trophies and achievements, it can be a nightmare though. Most of the trophies/achievements are luck based.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Yeah, games like GTA turn me off. RPGs like Bethesda games I have no issue with at all concerning it.

As for the thread topic, I got my copy of Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. It's super smooth and fun as shit. I don't get the hates or negativity I'm seeing and hearing.

The open world idea makes for some fun time loss as you explore with mechanics and moves. I definitely dig it. I'll be playing awhile.
    I'm having a blast with it. Maybe because it's an EA game it's easy hate on. I don't get it. Some frustrating moments, but nothing for me to really bash the game for. Better than the original, I think (and I loved the original.).

The reviews I've seen are pretty harsh to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    Overwatch is addicting. If you like going for trophies and achievements, it can be a nightmare though. Most of the trophies/achievements are luck based.
    I want my 20 kill streak dammit! Game is very addictive. I'm backing away from it a bit now. But, it's still a blast to play. Can't wait for competitive mode.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Played the new GTA online update last night, when the servers would actually work. It's pretty damn cool but once again everything is way too fucking expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm having a blast with it. Maybe because it's an EA game it's easy hate on. I don't get it. Some frustrating moments, but nothing for me to really bash the game for. Better than the original, I think (and I loved the original.).

The reviews I've seen are pretty harsh to say the least.

I want my 20 kill streak dammit! Game is very addictive. I'm backing away from it a bit now. But, it's still a blast to play. Can't wait for competitive mode.
    I got a 22 kill streak with Torbjorn. My team was on defense and I had my turret set up destroying the other team. I never died the whole game. The one I'm working on right now is Pharah's Death from Above achievement. Seems easy on paper but there's hardly ever 4 enemies grouped together.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm playing Uncharted 4. I've hated all of these games, and I don't know why I bought it, but it's, in addition to its other flaws carried over from previous games, it's just slow and boring. After two hours of cinematic it literally made me play Crash Bandicoot. I don't know why I fall for this every time and I don't know why the reviews are so glowing...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Okay so i may have already mentioned this, but jesus fuck how did i get so bad at tekken?
    i was the fucking MAN with Ling Xiaoyu on tekken 3. I was only playing retro games during 4, 5, and 6.
    So i got Tag Tournament 2 and i thought i would just pick Xiaoyu and panda or jin or the new girl who is a Xiaoyu clone and be like climbing the fucking leaderboards
    and GODDAMN i am getting my ass handed to me online! i mean, on the cool. I have a winning percentage of like 9.

They have added this new tag combo system and there is such an emphasis on juggling. And motherfuckers with like 10,000 matches under their belts are just leaning in to me, mopping the fucking floor to where it isn't even fun.

Can someone tell me how i can bridge the gap? Like, how and what do i practice to make up for all the subtle changes over the past 18 years or whatever?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Okay so i may have already mentioned this, but jesus fuck how did i get so bad at tekken?
    i was the fucking MAN with Ling Xiaoyu on tekken 3. I was only playing retro games during 4, 5, and 6.
    So i got Tag Tournament 2 and i thought i would just pick Xiaoyu and panda or jin or the new girl who is a Xiaoyu clone and be like climbing the fucking leaderboards
    and GODDAMN i am getting my ass handed to me online! i mean, on the cool. I have a winning percentage of like 9.

They have added this new tag combo system and there is such an emphasis on juggling. And motherfuckers with like 10,000 matches under their belts are just leaning in to me, mopping the fucking floor to where it isn't even fun.

Can someone tell me how i can bridge the gap? Like, how and what do i practice to make up for all the subtle changes over the past 18 years or whatever?
    Player matches help plus offline practice against harder AI. When you get a fighting game so long after launch like you have, the community of casuals and noobs are gone and you're left with the fucking E-sports fighting game pros. The game can't be fun for either party involved.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I'm playing Uncharted 4. I've hated all of these games, and I don't know why I bought it, but it's, in addition to its other flaws carried over from previous games, it's just slow and boring. After two hours of cinematic it literally made me play Crash Bandicoot. I don't know why I fall for this every time and I don't know why the reviews are so glowing...
    I disagree, but it might not be your cup of mister tea. The silver lining I guess is that you can sell it now and still get most of your money back, but I would still recommend playing through chapter 11 before doing so.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    in other news, my wife and i are both currently playing Castlevania SoTN (aka the Greatest Game of All Time)
    and it's REALLY awesome to see my wife solving puzzles and progressing and such, what with her brain being somewhat fucked off.
    it's lovely @Jinsai you sent it to me like two years ago? thanks for that again. i didn't know it would come in handy like this, but it's golden.
    it's like therapy for her i think. she was once a hardcore mmo gamer.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I disagree, but it might not be your cup of mister tea. The silver lining I guess is that you can sell it now and still get most of your money back, but I would still recommend playing through chapter 11 before doing so.
    Yeah, if he doesn't like Spoiler: the entire chase sequence, the car hopping and offroading he'll NEVER like anything in this series.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finished Mirror's Edge. Didn't like the ending. Typical cash grab ending. Has it faults towards the end. Otherwise, pretty fun.

Now, aside from overwatch, I'm not sure what to play next. Considering replaying Watch Dogs and Fallout.
    Last edited by Piko; 06-11-2016 at 05:09 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Bought Until Dawn today for a whooping 16.00 even new. Trying to build my PS4 usage and library!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Until Dawn was such a good game. Controls got clunky at times though. Trying to keep everyone alive without looking up help is almost impossible. You'll at least lose 1 character who seems destined to die.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    One death felt unavoidable to me. The other ones I set myself up for. Really enjoyed the game though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If we're talking about the same character, that person dies from seemingly random choices you make (aka butterfly effect) which makes it hard to save him/her without knowing what to do. I guess it wouldn't be an homage to horror movies if everyone survived

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Alien Isolation, finally.

This game is awesome, suuuuuper tense. Just as far into it as getting the motion tracker but holy crap.. that xenomorph sure is touchy. So much of this game is going to be heavy on picking your moments, do you use the noisy revolver/smoke/flashbangs? decisions, decisions.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I just started playing World of Warcraft again for the first time since early 2009 (Vanilla player, obviously).
    And I'm back on the live (official servers) for the first time in over 7 years.

In my experience, all bootlegging has managed to accomplish is increasing my desire to play the "official" thing. You can equate this to bootlegging/owning music as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Alien Isolation, finally.

This game is awesome, suuuuuper tense. Just as far into it as getting the motion tracker but holy crap.. that xenomorph sure is touchy. So much of this game is going to be heavy on picking your moments, do you use the noisy revolver/smoke/flashbangs? decisions, decisions.
    It was refreshing to see your favorite horror film/monster finally done right. (Besides Pumpkin head) Yeah it is super intense. I liked that the Xenomorph is pretty much impervious to everything. Later on or if it was just me, always check out for slime puddles. Also the androids are creepy too. I normally like robots but they did them greatly. My choice of weapons were the noisemaker and the flamethrower. I loved how they made it to where you just can't shoot at everything and expect a good outcome. Also if you haven't already and you love Alien like me, get the season pass.

Quantum Break. I'm enjoying this a lot actually. I've never been a fan of time manipulation but it does make you feel powerful. Is the TV show any good? Or is it about as good as a TV to video game tie-in can be?

I've been playing Tekken Tag tournament 2 as well. Bryan and Kazuya are my go too. I play with Bryan the best though.
    Also Fallout 4, I've been using the mods a lot since they made the patch/update, it's a lot of fun. I'm kinda sad that there are only going to be 2 real DLC'S that are worth it. The season pass should have stayed the same price. I like the settlement DLC's but 3 is too much. I'm not complaining, just saying. I feel bad for the people that bought the season pass when they up'd the price in March.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I REALLY wanted to replay the Stick of truth SO I pre-ordered The Fractured But Whole to get early access. If I would've pre-ordered at physical copy I would have to wait till game release to get Stuck of Truth but I wouldn't have been charged right this moment. Well, I said fuck it. I pre-ordered it on the Xbox Store so I'll just not have to pay way later. It blows paying for it now but oh well.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    always check out for slime puddles.
    Yup i def noticed the slime trickling down from the ceiling vents, there was one part where i thought i could run for it because there was an alarm system going off. I figured my sounds might be masked a bit, of course not though and lol i ran right under one of the vents and the bastard grabbed me.

Now I'm trying to fix that elevator and there's all those guys you have to sneak by which i managed to do surprisingly, quite proud of myself. Got into the warehouse and found the canister thing i needed and noticed the blemish on the wall where it seems like i could create a shortcut to get back to the elevator but I'm not sure what i can use and man I'm having a hard time finding scraps and components to craft things. VERY SPARSE. I have like nothing except flares, med kits and one shot from my stun baton and my revolver which i almost never use... everything else is zilch and this is after searching through the shelves in the warehouse too. Slim pickings!

It's also hard to focus on the collectible stuff like the i.d. tags and the computer files when you're always pressed for time with that alien always on your ass.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 06-17-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I have yet to play this game (bought it a few months ago). I'm scared already...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Played Mirror's Edge Catalyst for a couple hours last night, it's a lot of fun. I like that they didn't even give you the option of picking up a gun this time.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tron 2.0

I freaking love this game.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Played (and finished) INSIDE yesterday. Easily my game of the year pick. The atmosphere, visuals and sound design are all phenomenal. And the final act is the greatest of any game I've played in ages. If you enjoyed LIMBO even remotely definitely check this gem out.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Street Fighter 5 story is pretty cool. Haven't messed around with the new characters much though.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    Played (and finished) INSIDE yesterday. Easily my game of the year pick. The atmosphere, visuals and sound design are all phenomenal. And the final act is the greatest of any game I've played in ages. If you enjoyed LIMBO even remotely definitely check this gem out.
    I'm very curious and excited to play this one.

I don't know if this is fair or accurate for everyone else, but for me, Limbo has always felt like this iconic, history-changing moment. When it came out, I had the opinion that the majority of the gaming scene was shitty and stagnant and mindless. I was so tired of military shooters and shallow MMOs. Maybe that was wrong of me, maybe I was just ignorant about all the cool games out there. Nevertheless, that's how I felt at that time. Limbo felt kind of revolutionary. Where every other game was competing to be bigger and noisier and more epic, Limbo was short and quiet and mysterious. I know some people complained about how brief it was, but I thought the short length was an important part of what made it so great. It created a sense of focus and simplicity. The platforming and puzzles felt nostalgic without feeling like a cheap gimmick, and the short length kept them from feeling repetitive or recycled. And the game seemed to emphasize first and foremost the sense of mood and atmosphere. I liked how the story was ambiguous, almost like a poem, so that different people could have different interpretations about the game's meaning. For me, the whole thing felt like this righteous affirmation that, yes, video games are fucking ART, man.

I kind of associate Limbo with the rise of the whole "indie"/experimental gaming scene. And of course there were other games that contributed to this scene too (Dear Esther, etc), but Limbo has always felt like one of the most important ones. Since then, there's been so many games that have come out in a similar style, all these artsy/nostalgic platformers, and some of them have been pretty cool and some of them have been pure trash. Some of them have even directly copied Limbo's style, making the character a silhouette against the side-scrolling backdrop. At this point, I feel like that whole scene is a little over-saturated, and so you really have to do something extraordinary to stand out. I've felt this way for a while now, and I've been wondering how on earth Playdead was going to do a follow up to Limbo.

But when I saw the E3 trailer, I was just blown away by how cool it looked. I'm very curious to play this game and to see how it stacks up against both Limbo and against all the games it has inspired. It looks fucking great.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I got a secret Battlefield 1 alpha code on my Xbox One. Holy shit is it fun.