Page 6 of 129 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Finally picked up F1 2011, really, really sweet. Will definitely get me through the weekends when F1 has a break.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Found the guide for Skyrim at my local used cd/game/book store a couple days ago, so ive started playing that again. 3.99 score! This store just wants to make quick profits, and doestn really care about the value of stuff. Ive found the Tool's Salvial w/ the DVD there for 19.99 and back in the day i got my US 1st print of Closer to God with the discolered spine, in their bargin bin for $.99
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 05-28-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Gran Turismo 5 with my PS3 steering wheel.

So much fun. I just wish they had my favorite car on there. 2010 Dodge Challenger. (I really really really want a new Dodge Challenger). Though driving the Viper is fun as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just beat Hard Reset. It's a fun little sci-fi shooter. The story was shite, generic cyber-punk crap, but teh gameplay was hectic frantic chaos in the vein of old school circle strafe bullet-fests (like Serious Sam). Good fun, and the weapon system was nifty and gave a little bit of style to it's fairly mundane setting. The graphics were pretty nice as well.

A little on the short side though.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Have the wheel and pedals hooked up to a racing seat? That's how it's set up at my bro's house, and it is so much fun - I hope to get a seat one day myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Gran Turismo 5 with my PS3 steering wheel.

So much fun. I just wish they had my favorite car on there. 2010 Dodge Challenger. (I really really really want a new Dodge Challenger). Though driving the Viper is fun as well.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Been in the mood for more stealthy games (thanks Ghost Recon), so I started playing Splinter Cell: Conviction. Also, I ordered the HD trilogy on PS3. Look pretty fun.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Slowly getting through Game of Thrones, it's not as awful as some reviews said, but it's not great either. I'll be able to get through it for the story.

Also started Resistance Burning Skies on Vita, it's pretty cool for being the first dual stick FPS for a handheld. I'm not a fan of the way the controls transfer to online MP, played about 10 minutes and gave up on that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't know if anyone has heard of Day Z, a mod (in alpha) for the game ArmA II that is about playing in a tattered, zombie-filled world along with or against other human players, but if you haven't it might be worth checking out. The core game engine is convoluted and often frustrating, and because the mod is still in alpha it is riddled with bugs and weirdness, and the zombies are mostly so laughable (as zombies kind of are, really) that most of the time the game is defined by the PvP, but here's the thing: player death is permanent. When you die, you're done. Some servers run a clock that allows you to run back and loot (most but not all of the gear from) your corpse (provided of course that someone else hasn't already done so), and some servers just don't. You have to find supplies and survive. Food, water, medical supplies, guns & ammo.

And despite all the game's problems, it's fun as hell. The servers are persistent, so there isn't a pre-defined game length. They just go on, and you can play as long as you can stay alive, and then respawn as a new, green dude when you die. Day-night cycles are real time, which kind of sucks, and it's fucking dark at night if you haven't found night vision goggles.

Here's a fairly good introductory vid, don't mind the obnoxious player:

Web site here: http://www.dayzmod.com/

(You do have to own ArmA II and the expansion to play the game.)
    Last edited by Corvus T. Cosmonaut; 06-03-2012 at 03:29 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    My friend told me about that mod and I've wanted to try it out but I just don't want to pay for it haha. It looks cool though, but I'm afraid I'm going to get bored with it fast for some reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    HUMBLE BUNDLE V. Sword and Sworcery. Amnesia. Limbo. Psychonauts. Bastion. AND THEIR SOUNDTRACKS. Yes please.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    D3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Amazing. Utterly brutal, yet amazing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Since my mothahore dumped the PCI-e support none of my graphic cards work so I'm stuck with integrated Intel G33. However, with 8GB ram and lo-fi skins, Team Fortress 2 runs pretty smoothly with 23 bots and on lowest settings possible. Somehow it wouldn't connect to any server but I blame it on lo-fi environment. Oh yeah, my computer is 5 years old.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So I'm officially hopelessly addicted to the aforementioned DayZ. If anyone decides to play and wishes to team up with someone friendly, my Stream user name is Bolocko (or of course you can coordinate with me here).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Finished Max Payne 3 today, for the PC. It's a very different animal to the older games, more realistic and less fluid, and the writing's in a whole other direction (very reminiscent of Man On Fire, rather than the old mix of film noir pastiche/homage via John Woo). But the game is ENORMOUS, twice the length of the earlier games and jaw-droppingly intricately detailed in every single area (it's the best-looking game I've played, full stop, though admittedly I haven't been playing much new stuff for the last couple of years). Cool score from HEALTH, most of it isn't particularly striking or memorable but it builds a shitload of atmosphere, you almost feel like you're sharing Max's hangover. Lots of replay value, with permanent boosts for your guns scattered throughout the levels, and a bunch of achievements which can unlock weapons, skins and items in multiplayer (not to mention a number of modes and unlocks for single-player).

Most of all though, it's great fun. Took me a while to get used to the fiddly controls and the new writing style, but now I'm done, I'm going back through it immediately to nab more unlocks, and enjoy shooting ruffians in the balls in glorious slow motion (replete with agonised cross-legged animations).

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Been in the mood for more stealthy games (thanks Ghost Recon), so I started playing Splinter Cell: Conviction. Also, I ordered the HD trilogy on PS3. Look pretty fun.
    It's good, and fun to replay those gems.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    It's good, and fun to replay those gems.
    Started playing the first one a few days ago. Much, much different than what I was expecting. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet... Feels very outdated and slow compared to Conviction or any of the games i'm used to playing. It's mostly the gameplay mechanic.

Halo 3 in the meantime.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I agree, I've only played the 1st 2, so going back is cool. Meanwhile I'm finally getting good at F12011. Just in time for 2012 ha.
    Also playing Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown because it was free on psn this week.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You haven't played Chaos Theory yet? You're in for a treat; that's the best of the series, I think.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I've been playing Space Marine after getting it free off PSplus. I'd wanted to buy it so many times, so am glad I got it free.. Mainly as its alright.. not great.. the worst bit is you get health by executing enemies, but the animations take a while to run through, and you can take damage whilst you execute, so you can die very easily when you are trying to get health. Its admirable in the way that, no, you don't just regen health, but it lead to some very frustrating deaths.
    Otherwise I love 40k, and its great to just see the world and characters brought to life.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Battlefield 3, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Gears of War 3

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Haven't played Chaos Theory yet. Just Conviction and the first one. Could I just skip ahead, or should I just suck it up and play the first two (think it's the third game).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't think it matters. I played Chaos Theory > Double Agent (Xbox 360 version) > Splinter Cell (1) > Conviction > Pandora. Only thing is if you play the later games first the earlier ones' gameplay mechanics feel more clunky and underdeveloped, but they're still fine games.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Hey, I think I actually played some of Chaos Theory. Maybe...I know I played one of them, just can't remember which.

I'm trophy hunting in Silent Hill: Downpour. (New account, so I gotta get aaall my trophies again.) It's not a bad game. But it could be SO much better.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Have the wheel and pedals hooked up to a racing seat? That's how it's set up at my bro's house, and it is so much fun - I hope to get a seat one day myself.

My bad for the late reply. I just now saw this.

Yeah I do have it hooked up to a racing seat. It's awesome.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Started Just Cause 2 over the weekend, pretty damn fun blowing shit up, this will be the game I break out when I just feel like some mindless fun for a couple hours.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    My bad for the late reply. I just now saw this.

Yeah I do have it hooked up to a racing seat. It's awesome.
    That's awesome, I want one. Alrea, doesn't it suck that PS doesn't offer a gamertag change like xbox does? Even if they charged you like xbox, I'd be ok with that. It's very lame, as I hate the name I chose really fast when I set it up. Also, free games rule.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Gravity Rush
    It's awesome... such a unique game... Enjoying just flying/falling around the world getting gems to level up.

Littlebigplanet Vita Beta
    I think this is NDA'd.. but its all over youtube etc, all I'll say is its fantastic and the things people in the community are already doing with it are incredible. It looks just like a PS3 game, the edges are smooth (unlike Uncharted, gravity rush) and the tools pretty easy to use. Best version of LBP so far.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Uncharted 2. Played at a friends place all afternoon yesterday like a stoned college student, it was fun! Made it from opening train-wreck, back to same train wreck later on. Since I wasn't baked, though, I got a bit bored.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post

Amazing. Utterly brutal, yet amazing.
    That's what I'm playing and I agree with you 100%. Only problem is it's truely awful save system. That however should not stop anyone playing it as it is all kinds of awesome