Page 5 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Gah, I was so disappointed. I found a used copy of this the other day in some local store and it was all scuffed up to hell and back. I wanted to buy it, but that baby was beyond saving. How they justified putting it on the shelves is beyond me.
    Vintage Stock? Not sure if they have one around where you're at but there's one not too far from where I live and I saw it, looked at it and the case was dirty as hell and the CD itself was scratched to hell. Not sure how they can just put that out there for someone to grab and buy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Started the new Walking Dead game last night, it's pretty damn cool. Will probably take 2 hours at the most to get through episode 1 but it looks like the choices you make/things you say to people are actually going to have an effect on the game. Should be cool to play through the whole thing multiple times once all the episodes are released.

Also finished Assassin's Creed last night, gameplay was driving me nuts by the end but overall I still liked it and am pretty pumped to play the second one.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ^ I really hope that next one is a breath of fresh air for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Vintage Stock? Not sure if they have one around where you're at but there's one not too far from where I live and I saw it, looked at it and the case was dirty as hell and the CD itself was scratched to hell. Not sure how they can just put that out there for someone to grab and buy.
    Nah, some small place in the mall called Game On. I'm not sure if they even have other stores anywhere, or if they're just a store owned by some local guy. Never really checked into it...But man. I can't stand that place. Nothing's in order, they have DVDs, then games, then blu-rays, then more games for a different console, and in the back, they have a huge display case filled with selected games from the shelves, which I'm assuming are "more valuable" or something. The prices are all about the same and half of them I hadn't even heard of.

I'm currently playing through Downpour again...Fuck is it hard on Hard Puzzle mode...I never realized how convenient the action prompt was until they took it away. Now I'm scared for the sidequests I haven't already on in my last playthrough. Still fun, though.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-09-2012 at 03:47 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Got it, Game of the Year Edition too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    just went through The Walking Dead Episode one. Wow.. it was a real step up for Telltale. It was more like the good parts of Heavy Rain than anything else I've played by them. I really hope the other episodes turn out as good.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It makes me really happy to hear that the Walking Dead game is better than people were expecting. I was really hoping it wouldn't turn out to be just another lame spinoff video game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mortal Kombat 9
    and every now and then I play Mass Effect 2 asshole-edition my Shepard looks like Keanu Reeves

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    ^ I really hope that next one is a breathe of fresh air for ya!

Nah, some small place in the mall called Game On. I'm not sure if they even have other stores anywhere, or if they're just a store owned by some local guy. Never really checked into it...But man. I can't stand that place. Nothing's in order, they have DVDs, then games, then blu-rays, then more games for a different console, and in the back, they have a huge display case filled with selected games from the shelves, which I'm assuming are "more valuable" or something. The prices are all about the same and half of them I hadn't even heard of.

I'm currently playing through Downpour again...[i]Fuck[i/] is it hard on Hard Puzzle mode...I never realized how convenient the action prompt was until they took it away. Now I'm scared for the sidequests I haven't already on in my last playthrough. Still fun, though.

The only local place that's really around here is Game Co. There were 2 stores but one closed down and the other one is at The Great Mall and it's pretty shitty as well. Their customer service is complete shit. I wont even go into detail because it was so ridiculously stupid, but they suck.

Vintage stock does the same thing with the more valuable games. The closest one to me has an original PS1 Revelations: Persona in like new condition for I think $64.99 or something like that. Most of the games that are not in the glass case near the front are in the back most of them are in pretty horrible shape.

I actually bought Castlevania: Symphony of the Night from the glass container and the guy said it was in like new condition. I believe him. Bought for $25 I think. About 2 weeks of having the game (so I couldn't return it) I went through the manual and some jerk off colored in Death with a fucking green marker. I was beyond pissed.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Fun DLC, glad I got it. been meaning to for a few months. Now I just need to get Beneath the Ashes and I'll be good to go. I'm happy the treasures and relic weren't too hard to find.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just finished these two, OWB was fun, but it should be have been executed better, after how well Dead Money was set with it's excellent pacing and atmosphere, I think the missed the mark a bit.
    Lonesome Road was pretty good with decent character development and a great setting, really wish you could explore the divide more though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    just went through The Walking Dead Episode one. Wow.. it was a real step up for Telltale. It was more like the good parts of Heavy Rain than anything else I've played by them. I really hope the other episodes turn out as good.
    Agreed, it was really good, lots of replay value as well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

LOL, Loser.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Payne to the Max!!! A little bit of Fallout 3 on the side as well. And eventually, I'll finish Witcher 2... eventually.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Witcher 2 is fucking awesome. Best RPG I've ever played besides Mass Effect. it's amazing.

Just bought this...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    My friend bought the Walking Dead arcade game too. Please post your thoughts on it. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot but I want to hear someones opinion on it first.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    My friend bought the Walking Dead arcade game too. Please post your thoughts on it. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot but I want to hear someones opinion on it first.
    Well it was only 400 MSP which would translate to PSN for $4.99.

Will do, I plan on playing it tonight...in the dark. Mwahaha.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    OKAY, so I had this whole thing typed out about how great The Walking Dead game is, and the page decided it just wanted to be a little prissy bitch. :P

Basically - It's great. The impact your choices have on the story is pretty huge, and by the time you're done with episode 1, you really feel a connection with the characters. I think I actually cared more about what happened to the people in the game than I did about what happened to the characters in the TV show.

But like I read somewhere - If you're looking for a zombie shooter, this probably isn't up your alley. It's mostly decision/puzzle/survival/reaction based. At the very least, I'd say buy Episode 1 and try it out (which is what I did), and I guess decide from there. The worst that could happen is you lose five bucks. But I loved it.

Now to play through it again tomorrow as a complete asshole instead of "myself." :P

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think I actually cared more about what happened to the people in the game than I did about what happened to the characters in the TV show.
    I definitely did, the writing in the game so far is better than the show as well. I'm slowly getting through Assassin's Creed 2. You were right about it being pretty much a completely different game, they made everything better! Absolutely loving it but just not finding a lot of time to be able to play. I only just completed DNA sequence 5 last night, still a long ways to go.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I definitely did, the writing in the game so far is better than the show as well. I'm slowly getting through Assassin's Creed 2. You were right about it being pretty much a completely different game, they made everything better! Absolutely loving it but just not finding a lot of time to be able to play. I only just completed DNA sequence 5 last night, still a long ways to go.
    I don't even remember how long it took me to get through those games...But I'm the kind of person who does a little bit of the story in game, then spends hours and hours doing side quests and collecting things, then plays a little more of the story, then collects more. :P

I've gotta go back and do ALL of that stuff again, though. I just started up a new PSN account so have a name that was more up-to-date and in line with my internet name. It won't be all bad going back to trophy hunt, though! Better for me to start now than in August, once school starts.

By the way, anyone can add me! I'm Alrea2012. But I'll tell you right now, I don't get on too often and don't have a headset yet. :P So it'll be a little bit before I start playing online. Soon, though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy X for the first time ever.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Anyone playing the Hitman: Absolution sniper challenge demo? It's pretty rad, can't wait for new Hitman!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Is it wrong that I'm actually having a lot of fun playing Fruit Ninja on my phone? Not sure why but I really love it right now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

This damn game is currently eating my free time. Addictive and obsession-causing. Phenomenal soundtrack too.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Little chronicle of my recent playthroughs...

Jedi Knight 2:
    Over the years I'd gotten so carried away with the novelty value of The Emperor being Jar Jar Binks' love interest as they do battle with the evil mastermind C3PO that I'd forgotten the beautifully simple joys of a beardy guy pushing stormtroopers over conveniently placed cliffs. Fresh install, fresh awesome.

Max Payne:
    Yes, this is indeed a Max reskinned of/by myself of ten years ago, wearing sunglasses and fresh from wasting hordes of killer suits in the secret ending level.
    I'm such a fucking geek.

Max Payne 2:
    Ever the gentleman, Max romances a hooker down by the fire. You just need to give her a twenty, mate.

Doom 3:
    Most of my modding tends to absolutely ruin the unfortunate game in question, but Doom 3 is the exception. Years of rebalancing, graphic upgrades (shamelessly magpied from other modders), Reznor sounds and miscellaneous tweaks have transformed a mediocre also-ran into a glorious bloodbath; one of the most enjoyable shooters I've ever played. It also brings out how much amazing art and design there is jammed into this game - shame it was spoiled by some botched balancing and head-scratching gameplay decisions in Id's final product.
    Still playing through this right now, but here's a couple of highlights thus far. Second one not entirely safe for work....

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Silent Hill: Downpour. A lot of parts that have me scratching my head. Ain't too shabby though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    God of War 3. Goddamn, console playing has come a long way. I haven't been this much on the edge of my seat since Halflife. Just recently bought a PS3. It had Batman AC and Tekken 5 with it. I beat Batman fairly quickly, liked it, but the sidemissions get kind of tedious after a while. Play Tekken 5 for 10 minutes, not my kind of game. But GoW3, fuck me, that is one adrenaline ride. I'm about halfway through, and can't get enough of it.

After that it's Rayman Origins. And I might get the Uncharted trilogy. r/ps3 over on reddit regularly wet their pants about it, and they havent been wrong with GoW3.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    God of War 3. Goddamn, console playing has come a long way. I haven't been this much on the edge of my seat since Halflife. Just recently bought a PS3. It had Batman AC and Tekken 5 with it. I beat Batman fairly quickly, liked it, but the sidemissions get kind of tedious after a while. Play Tekken 5 for 10 minutes, not my kind of game. But GoW3, fuck me, that is one adrenaline ride. I'm about halfway through, and can't get enough of it.

After that it's Rayman Origins. And I might get the Uncharted trilogy. r/ps3 over on reddit regularly wet their pants about it, and they havent been wrong with GoW3.
    Uncharted is excellent, get them!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Uncharted is excellent, get them!
    Highly recommend the Uncharted games; particularly the second one. My problem with GoW3 was that it was too short. Like, a 4-5 hour game... visually, and gameplay-wise, it's amazing. Just wish it were a little longer. Especially when I went and shelled out the hundred for the Pandora's Box version.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Surprisingly, I'm not doing as bad in multiplayer as I thought I would. I'm usually complete garbage in 3rd person multiplayer. Maybe it's the objective based stuff that's helping. Very fun though. Campaign is pretty lifeless, but fun though. Didn't go in expecting an amazing story though.