Page 51 of 129 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 3845

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

What are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Also.... you're rereleasing an HD update on your classic game, and you didn't allow people to skip the Aeon summoning animations? People have been bitching about this since VII, it should have been there in X in the first place... but you don't fix it in your new HD update? Come on Square...
    There's a setting for short summons, same as in the original game. It takes like 2 seconds after you summon. I was super pumped to get the HD release but I got to Macalania and haven't touched the game in weeks.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    There's a setting for short summons, same as in the original game. It takes like 2 seconds after you summon. I was super pumped to get the HD release but I got to Macalania and haven't touched the game in weeks.
    ah really? I need to look into that... I've been doing the end-game content, and these summons are driving me nuts.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah it's in one of the options in the triangle menu. Makes summoning twice in one battle actually bearable

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I got to the calm lands and wandered off. Didn't know about that option either. When people were quick to shit on FFXIII for being so linear, I pointed out FFX was as well. people were quick to disagree. Still a great game though. One of these days I'll go back to it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The story in X is linear but once you get the airship you can do whatever the hell you want. Every FF I've played is pretty linear when it comes right down to it. I'll just never play another RPG because I could play 5 other games in the time it takes to beat one RPG. I kind of doubt I'll ever finish FF X HD even though it's one of my favorite games

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm very selective when it comes to RPGs now. I'll probably only play a few throughout a year. Attention span isn't what it used to be. Never good to begin with. So, I'm going to invest 40+ hours, it needs to keep me invested.

And FFX is linear. Maps are pretty straight forward. You'll never get lost. You can go wherever once you get your airship. The maps/towns are pretty linear. The pacing up the the airship is linear. Not that it's a bad thing. I have zero problems with it. I have zero problems with FFXIII as well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I don't think I managed to complete Dino Crisis, it was too hard for me and I gave up. I probably need to look up some cheats
    I find it easier than the Resident Evil games.

-

The fucking Pollo/Poncho combo gym is hard. I cannot get the shit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One demo. I really like this and i'm not big on platformers. I think I'll be picking up the HD collection for the PS3 soon, SO MUCH FUN.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I think I'll be picking up the HD collection for the PS3 soon, SO MUCH FUN.
    I got it, good stuff.

I have every major HD release the PS3 has issued. I've got God of War Origins Collection (the PSP games), God of War Collection (PS2 games), Jak and Daxter Collection, Ico and the Shadow of Colossus Collection, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, Ratchet and Clank Collection and the Splinter Cell Collection.

However, I'm still missing the Sly Cooper HD Collection. I've never played that series either.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I loved the God of War collection, I got that for Christmas one year. I need to play the others and yeee Kingdom Hearts was my childhood. Yeah, Sly Cooper looks awesome. One of them was free last month. I should have checked it out. Speaking of remasters, you getting the Last of Us remaster for the PS4? It looks pretty great but dat price tag tho.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I loved the God of War collection, I got that for Christmas one year. I need to play the others and yeee Kingdom Hearts was my childhood. Yeah, Sly Cooper looks awesome. One of them was free last month. I should have checked it out. Speaking of remasters, you getting the Last of Us remaster for the PS4? It looks pretty great but dat price tag tho.
    Don't own a PS4 so no.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I got it, good stuff.

I have every major HD release the PS3 has issued. I've got God of War Origins Collection (the PSP games), God of War Collection (PS2 games), Jak and Daxter Collection, Ico and the Shadow of Colossus Collection, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, Ratchet and Clank Collection and the Splinter Cell Collection.

However, I'm still missing the Sly Cooper HD Collection. I've never played that series either.
    Sly Cooper is so much fun, it's got that Saturday morning cartoon vibe locked in pretty good. The collection is definitely worth it, I still need to finish Sly 3 though and i also need to get the newest game that came out.

The Ratchet and Clank collection is one I'd love to own, I've got the Jak and Daxter one as well.

What about Zone of the Enders HD bundle, you have that one? very enjoyable to play.

I'm currently enjoying playing some Attack/Defense rounds in TF2

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Sly Cooper is so much fun, it's got that Saturday morning cartoon vibe locked in pretty good. The collection is definitely worth it, I still need to finish Sly 3 though and i also need to get the newest game that came out.

The Ratchet and Clank collection is one I'd love to own, I've got the Jak and Daxter one as well.

What about Zone of the Enders HD bundle, you have that one? very enjoyable to play.

I'm currently enjoying playing some Attack/Defense rounds in TF2
    I've always wondered about Sly Cooper series but never really ventured to play them. I found the Collection for as cheap as 9.99 so I think it might be worth getting.

Nope, never got that one. I've yet to ever find it for a good price. I was mainly speaking of PS ONLY Collections as well.

Other Collections I got are Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill HD. Both on Xbox 360 though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Contra and Super C. They really need to make a new Contra game.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Finally beat Bioshock 2. Not sure if I want to go through it again for the other endings or just go on YouTube and watch it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Brutal Legend and some Battlefield 1942

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm just trying to kill that f...king Avatar (and the rest of his scum) in Dungeon Keeper 1...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I just played Proteus... the free game of the month on PS+.

All I can say is I'm glad I didn't pay for this. I get that it's one of these conceptual "experiences" that's supposed to be more like interactive art than a game, but holy hell was that boring. I do not understand how this is getting so many rave reviews. The art style looks like it was lifted from a Commodore 64 game, so unless the "point" is something along the lines of "these sort of beautiful meandering experiences always could have been achieved" I don't get it. The music is also this plodding ambient drone scape, that you'd think would be awesome, but it just ended up putting me to sleep. Literally. I just had to take a nap.

I hate this game.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I enjoyed it. It's not the greatest game in the world but it's not the stinking turd people state it is. I enjoyed it for what it was: a third person shooter with zombies. The game being set during the time frame and universe of Resident Evil 2 made it even better. Speaking of Capcom,

Playing this after the .99 Flash Sale. They need to reboot this series.
    I and II were so hot. But I see your Dino Crisis and raise you...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I and II were so hot. But I see your Dino Crisis and raise you...

Never played Parasite Eve. I bet it's similar to Resident Evil and Silent Hill at the time with fixed angles and third person 3/4 top down views.

I beat Strider on Xbox One in Normal difficulty. Holy fuck is the last area so frustrating. Hard, unmissable enemy projectiles and fucking no checkpoints. I wasted so much time.

Ugh.

585/1000 G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FINALLY beat Lightning Returns. That last stage of the final boss sucked. After beating him, I also got the 5% rare drop weapon from him. Niiiiiiiice

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    LA Noire, picking up where I left off 3 years ago..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Never played Parasite Eve. I bet it's similar to Resident Evil and Silent Hill at the time with fixed angles and third person 3/4 top down views.

I beat Strider on Xbox One in Normal difficulty. Holy fuck is the last area so frustrating. Hard, unmissable enemy projectiles and fucking no checkpoints. I wasted so much time.

Ugh.

585/1000 G
    Was playing Strider but haven't played anything in a bit since I've been kinda busy lately. But I was playing it on Hard.....man I might turn it down to Normal difficulty cuz I was having a tough time in the part I left off. Definitely have to get back on it and finish the game. Not a bad game though.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    LA Noire, picking up where I left off 3 years ago..
    I still need that platinum, 5 starring all cases is all i have left to accomplish.

That's the thing about that game when you've played it already for the first time at a legit and casual pace and then when you want to redo some cases you just want to fly through them instead of savoring it cause some of them are very long and drawn out, obviously not that it's a bad thing but when you're not actually interested in committing to another full playthrough and are just revisiting certain sections it'd be nice to skip cutscenes or have checkpoints if you mess up and what not.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 08-18-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Was playing Strider but haven't played anything in a bit since I've been kinda busy lately. But I was playing it on Hard.....man I might turn it down to Normal difficulty cuz I was having a tough time in the part I left off. Definitely have to get back on it and finish the game. Not a bad game though.
    Why are you torturing yourself? The entire last area (Spoiler: Meio's Tower and Grandmaster Meio himself) is a real bitch. So much coming at you at once and so freaking difficult to NOT get hit. I'm decent with dodging but fuck.

After Silent Hills/P.T. reared its head, I decided to put in my Silent Hill HD Collection disc on my 360. I haven't touched it since release week in 2012. LOL. Game's intimidating, they both are. Which is why I pussed out. No, not because of being afraid but by sheer difficulty the games offer/offered.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I did all of Silent Hills interactive demo/trailer P.T., managing to unlock the trailer at the end despite the fact that pretty much everyone has their own "perfect solution" to the final puzzle. If this is what Silent Hill is going to become, I'm all for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just bought the two Fear Effect games for PS1, never played them before but they always looked neat. Just got to the Calm Lands in FFX HD, first time ever really playing it. I'd made it to where you get Rikku back when it first came out and I had rented it. Bought a Wii U and now I can't stop playing Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart.

I also recently got sucked back in to playing Magic: The Gathering thanks to some friends and the new set that came out.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Diablo: The Hell (Fan mod that tweaks some elements of the game)
    Holy fuck, this game is so much harder than 2 or 3.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Latest Trials Fusion DLC. The guys at Redlynx are assholes with the Extreme Track this time again.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Metro: Last Light was pretty awesome until I got to the "drive the car in a straight line to the next area but hop out to run into a place infested with enemies to open another gate every 5 minutes" level. Does *anybody* like this kind of mission?