Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    R40 Tour motherfuckers! Who else is going? *air drums for days*

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    This may be the last tour. SAY IT AINT SO!!!!!

My brother and i saw rush 3 times in the nineties and have been promising each other we'd see them ONE MORE TIME for years.

Looks like this might be it!

I am bummed out because we have planned this big family get-together in Denver around an old 97s show on june 3rd. Don't get me wrong, i love the 97s but i've seen them 50 plus times, and...you know...they aren't fucking RUSH!

i'm also super bummed that Rush played the BOK center in tulsa a couple of weeks ago and i didn't know. it's somewhat close to me, and it's where i saw LITS in 08. there's not a bad seat in the house. it's the smallest arena i've ever seen.

I'm just hoping to god i can get together the money to make it from stratford (north of amarillo) to denver and catch rush on july 11!

I need to keep up with this shit. DAMNIT!

that's it. i'm starting a twitter account.

http://www.examiner.com/article/rush...tirement-plans

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    So that piece of shit magazine finally got desperate for relevancy by putting a band they've dissed for so many years by putting them on the cover.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    it looks like i'm gonna get to go after all, so fuck yeah!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I am watching the brand-new R40 Live 2015 tour Blu-ray, and ripping the accompanying 3 CDs that came with it. Just finished watching the bonus songs (from Night 1 in Toronto, which is the night I didn't see -- the remainder appears to be mostly from the concert I saw, so I have already seen most of it).

Holy shit.

This is the best-looking, best-sounding, best-performed live release in a career STUFFED with superlative show mementos. I could not be happier with it and if you like this band you will definitely agree.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I am watching the brand-new R40 Live 2015 tour Blu-ray, and ripping the accompanying 3 CDs that came with it. Just finished watching the bonus songs (from Night 1 in Toronto, which is the night I didn't see -- the remainder appears to be mostly from the concert I saw, so I have already seen most of it).

Holy shit.

This is the best-looking, best-sounding, best-performed live release in a career STUFFED with superlative show mementos. I could not be happier with it and if you like this band you will definitely agree.
    oh, badass!
    i'm all over this.
    Thanks for the tip @botley

Edit: oh wow. Hemispheres intro, Cygnus X-1, The Camera Eye, Losing It, Distant Early Warning, Natural Science...What a set list!!!!
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-22-2015 at 01:52 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 02-19-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Did anyone catch the tour doc that was in theaters for one day? Here is an article

I am all choked up that they aren't going to tour anymore. My Rush obsession has obscured my NIN obsession at times/

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So the doc Time Stand Still was fucking amazing. It is available through the usual channels. Be prepared to cry a little bit though. @botley @onthewall2983 @thevoid99 @Reznor2112 @henryeatscereal

I also wanted to ask you guys: should i track down the Clockwork Angels comic books, or the book, or both?
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-16-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Never checked them out. And to be honest, I've only listened to that album once. Maybe due another go-around, since it may be their last. I prefer Snakes & Arrows much more.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I also wanted to ask you guys: should i track down the Clockwork Angels comic books, or the book, or both?
    I own the TPB of the "Clockwork Angels" comics, it has the whole story; it's always easier to buy the compilation than "go hunt" the 6 individual issues.
    The story is nice and the art is ok (nothing to scream about, but it's pretty), i haven't read the original novel, but i do recommend the comics.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Oh shit. In that old interview from Dan Patrick, Geddy pretty well says no one off shows.
    FUCK.
    I wonder if that means no more records either.
    I wonder if Clockwork Angels is really the last?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So the doc Time Stand Still was fucking amazing. It is available through the usual channels. Be prepared to cry a little bit though. @botley @onthewall2983 @thevoid99 @Reznor2112 @henryeatscereal

Loved the doc and it gets VERY emotional. Saw it in the theater with my dad. Great stuff.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Yeah, that doc's a tearjerker. Couldn't be happier to have seen the Friday night Toronto show they talked about, which forms the basis for most of the R40 concert film/live album. It was so cool to see Ben Mink tear it up on the electric violin he originally did for "Losing It" and then when they launched into "Subdivisions"... I LOST IT. Still gives me goosebumps.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Yeah, that doc's a tearjerker. Couldn't be happier to have seen the Friday night Toronto show they talked about, which forms the basis for most of the R40 concert film/live album. It was so cool to see Ben Mink tear it up on the electric violin he originally did for "Losing It" and then when they launched into "Subdivisions"... I LOST IT. Still gives me goosebumps.
    Yeah man, i had to stop watching the R40 dvd when they got to "Losing It" TWICE.
    The third time i was finally able to watch it all the way through.

Reading all the interviews, it sounds like Neil is DONE done.
    And his facebook page has and end date on "years active."

I don't know what in the fuck i thought, that they were going to just keep it up forever?
    Part of the reason i didn't see the end coming is that Rush seemed to get BETTER with age, unlike any other act of their generation.

What breaks my heart is that my brother and i were always going to see them one more time but never got around to it.

But at least i saw them those three times in the 90's, three incredible shows i will never forget.

Fucking awesome that you saw that Toronto show, @botley !

If the stars align just right and there's one more album and a handful of dates, i WILL be at one of them.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I am still fucked up about the "end" of rush.

"From first to last...the peak is never passed...something always fires a light that gets in your eyes"

i feel like someone died

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think it's just large-scale touring that they are ending. Perhaps they will do another album and some one-off shows in the future.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    This is a must see: Dan Rather interviews Geddy in Geddy's home for 50 something minutes.
    It's intimate and interesting.
    And Geddy hints at recording and playing again, but he says it will be different from the Rush trio that we're used to.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I've been reading Geddy Lee's "Big Beautiful Book of Bass" and it is AWESOME to see his immersion in collecting interesting specimens of that instrument.

Thought y'all might enjoy this little blast from the archives... a medley of "By-Tor" and "The Necromancer" performed in Manchester UK in 1977, which is incredibly rare and not included on any of the recent deluxe reissues from this period:

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Geddy was on Brian Koppleman's podcast recently, promoting the book. It's quite a deep interview.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Check this out:
    https://www.jambase.com/article/rush...trangiato-2019
    "one-night-only screenings of a new film called Cinema Strangiato. "

Although, my head nearly blew up when it said this thing contains a "mini documentary" about Ged's book.

I swear to god, if I have to hear Geddy talk about that book ONE MORE TIME...

Anyway, this is cool. When they say they want to make it an annual thing, I'm hoping they mean they'll play something different every year: pro shot shows from the vault, maybe A Show of Hands (just for you, @botley .) I hope it isn't this SAME FILM once a year.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-21-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Check this out:

Although, my head nearly blew up when it said this thing contains a "mini documentary" about Ged's book.

Anyway, this is cool. When they say they want to make it an annual thing, I'm hoping they mean they'll play something different every year: pro shot shows from the vault, maybe A Show of Hands (just for you, @botley .) I hope it isn't this SAME FILM once a year.
    Lol let Geddy live, that book is all he's got now.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Lol let Geddy live, that book is all he's got now.
    Ha, I feel you.
    It's just that I've seen SO many interviews with him about that book at this point.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Check this out:

A Show of Hands you say? Maybe one of the best live albums of all time!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    A Show of Hands you say? Maybe one of the best live albums of all time!
    it's also a concert video i watched literally hundreds of times in the '90s

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I have only watched it a few times, but LISTENED to tons. Love that performance of Marathon from it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I have only watched it a few times, but LISTENED to tons. Love that performance of Marathon from it.
    You can do a lot, in a lifetime...
    If you don't burn out too fast
    DING Ding ding ding ding.

You can make the most of the distance

Oh, dude, that song is so fucking gorgeous.