Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am debating if I should get the New Nintendo 2DS XL or just the Switch. Which one do you guys think is something worth buying?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scribnation View Post
    I am debating if I should get the New Nintendo 2DS XL or just the Switch. Which one do you guys think is something worth buying?
    My vote is the Switch. Bigger screen, better graphics, and you can dock it to ta TV. I haven't touched my 3DS since I picked up my Switch back in March.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    My vote is the Switch. Bigger screen, better graphics, and you can dock it to ta TV. I haven't touched my 3DS since I picked up my Switch back in March.
    This. Can't imagine the 3ds/2ds being around for too much longer, tbh. There's no reason to support two handhelds. Figure they will probably start phasing it out in the next year or so. Just a guess.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I can't be the only person super freaking excited for Romancing SaGa 2's release tomorrow?

And yes to the Switch. The 2DS/3DS feels like a cheap toy in comparison.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://kotaku.com/nintendo-powers-f...ath-1821501678

Nintendo Power returns after a 5-year hiatus, albeit in podcast form. Chris Slate, Kit Ellis and Damon Baker from Nintendo of America talk with Zelda: Breath of the Wild director Hidemaro Fujibayashi and producer Eiji Aonuma in an hour-long "Nintendo Switch Year in Review" feature.

This makes me extremely giddy inside.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    one of my cat-sitting clients drastically overpaid me to take care of their cat Miko this week while they're out of town for x-mas, and i'm considering putting the money toward a Switch. i really just want to be able to play the new metroid game when it comes out.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my dad gave me an x-mas bonus for the first time in 6(?) years, so i got a switch! went and picked it up yesterday along with breath of the wild and mario kart 8 (traded in my WiiU versions of both of those games), an extra pair of joycons & an extra comfort grip. i asked the guy to renew my power up pro membership, which apparently he didn't do...but thankfully i found out when i went into a different gamestop today to use the $5 off coupon (that i forgot to use yesterday) and picked up Axiom Verge.

my wife and i spent half the day playing mario kart yesterday, and i'm really looking forward to some four-player action (although the joycons are so tiny on their own it's going to take some getting used to when we play that way).

oh, and breath of the wild is actually noticeably better on the switch. it comes out in proper 5.1 (though it took me a while to figure out where to turn that on in the settings), it sounds incredible, and it looks even smoother. i'm pumped to play through the whole thing again, and differently than last time.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    oh, and breath of the wild is actually noticeably better on the switch. it comes out in proper 5.1 (though it took me a while to figure out where to turn that on in the settings), it sounds incredible, and it looks even smoother. i'm pumped to play through the whole thing again, and differently than last time.
    I'm on my third playthrough (first was just to play it through, second to see how fast I could, and now going for 100% of all the things, Master Mode, and all the DLC finally - And every single play through has STILL had its own great moments of discovery and shenanigans and some different events. It really is a masterpiece of a game.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I should really give Master Mode a spin, but I feel like I'd get my ass handed to me. I was still never able to finish the Master Sword Trials from the first DLC. The 2nd DLC was incredibly fun to finish though!

Here's hoping there's a Nintendo Direct today...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I should really give Master Mode a spin, but I feel like I'd get my ass handed to me. I was still never able to finish the Master Sword Trials from the first DLC. The 2nd DLC was incredibly fun to finish though!

Here's hoping there's a Nintendo Direct today...

BOOM...DARK SOULS IS COMING TO THE SWTICH!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Call me picky, but not a single thing announced today sparked my interest... I have a feeling my switch is about to become a very expensive paper-weight over the next few months.

Also, they really need to knock it off with the "ports" of games. Just make some new games already guys... why port games that are 5-8 years old?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I loved the direct. I want most of those ports.

Extremely happy I get to play Tropical Freeze.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Extremely happy I get to play Tropical Freeze.
    Tropical Freeze was pretty fun on the Wii U so I do recommend it. Despite portability being a huge plus, I'm not sure I'll double dip to get it again though - maybe if it's not a $60 game.

Ys VIII just about had me fall out of my chair, though. My only experience with that series was III on the SNES and I loved that game.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    what does "direct" mean in this context? like what is "nintendo direct"?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    what does "direct" mean in this context? like what is "nintendo direct"?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._presentations

It's just what Nintendo calls its sporadic game presentation packages; news and announcements that come directly from the source. This one was rumored for a bit. Kind of surprised it was only a mini, so maybe a full one will be in a few more weeks. (cough, online service, cough, virtual console, cough)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Ys VIII just about had me fall out of my chair, though. My only experience with that series was III on the SNES and I loved that game.
    For the 100 Dark Souls threads on reddit, I didn't see 1 for Ys.

Extremely stoked for Ys VIII; I was just talking last week about waiting for a PC port.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Every direct, the more money I'll eventually spend... never got a chance to play tropical freeze and hyrule warriors. I'll probably scoop those up for sure. Nintendo still killing it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Every direct, the more money I'll eventually spend... never got a chance to play tropical freeze and hyrule warriors. I'll probably scoop those up for sure. Nintendo still killing it.
    Hyrule Warriors was a blast on the Wii U and I will most likely pick it up for the Switch as well. I never gave TF a chance so I might also pick that one up this go around...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This new Nintendo Labo stuff sounds really really cool!

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/01/17/n...ent-for-switch

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Charging $80 for cardboard is making me lollolrollolll so hard right now. Nintendo is going to make bank off this.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Charging $80 for cardboard is making me lollolrollolll so hard right now. Nintendo is going to make bank off this.
    i mean, if it was JUST cardboard and didn't come with games, that would be insane. but it comes with games and the idea is pretty cool. especially for kids. i mean, being able to build a freakin' wearable robot suit and then play a game with it? that's fucking amazing.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I just love how creative this can be, you can build the cardboard to be a robot suit, or mini robot bugs, or whatever and colour or paint them anyway you want them. This is 6 year old me's dream (i was always knee deep in coloured pens, paints and whatnot) This is a great idea for kids, and for adults who just like to be creative.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The little "remote control" joy-con vehicle did put a huge smile on my face. I do think it's a really inventive and wild concept. I guess my concern is how durable is the cardboard or how easy replacements will be to get. Kids can be awful rough on stuff.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The little "remote control" joy-con vehicle did put a huge smile on my face. I do think it's a really inventive and wild concept. I guess my concern is how durable is the cardboard or how easy replacements will be to get. Kids can be awful rough on stuff.
    I think that's where this will shine, my feeling is that the cardboard can be easily replaced (i hope) with any old cardboard, you just need some parental assistance with cutting and whatnot. This will again add to the creative aspect, not just being tied to the templates Nintendo offer, and will lead to people making their own templates for others and expanding from there...honestly i'm really excited to see what people can come up with!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    This is one of the more interesting things I’ve seen on the NS,

Hope this gets ported to other systems.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    beat Axiom Verge last night at about 1:30am. i've been putting a lot of time into it over the last week or so. approximately 14 hours total playtime. died 39 times haha. that game is HARD and i wasn't even playing on hard mode. can't wait to replay it again and do things differently. also want a sequel because the story was super intriguing.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    beat Axiom Verge last night at about 1:30am. i've been putting a lot of time into it over the last week or so. approximately 14 hours total playtime. died 39 times haha. that game is HARD and i wasn't even playing on hard mode. can't wait to replay it again and do things differently. also want a sequel because the story was super intriguing.
    I had a lot of fun with that on PS4 a couple years back. I considered double dipping on Switch just to support it, but I haven't yet. The music in that game is astounding.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I had a lot of fun with that on PS4 a couple years back. I considered double dipping on Switch just to support it, but I haven't yet. The music in that game is astounding.
    music's on spotify! it's so good!!!

i still can't believe ONE DUDE made the entire game, literally everything in it.

just started Splatoon 2 (which was a b-day gift from my friends alex & tiff). i got really frustrated at first because i don't like online multiplayer games, and the single player mode is basically hidden. so i played one round of multiplayer online and got my ass handed to me by (i assume) a group of 12-year-olds. then i turned off the motion controls (why on earth would they make it so in conjunction with the motion controls, you can use the right stick on the x-axis but not the y-axis???), found the single-player mode, and started having a really good time!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    music's on spotify! it's so good!!!
    Yesss, I actually have a copy on vinyl as well! I'll have to see about getting it on Switch at some point. It looks like Amazon's jacked up the price on the standard cart, bleh.

I had some fun with Splatoon 2 but I'm generally no good at FPS type games like that. I did get stuck at a hard spot in the single player story and quickly moved on to another game. I think half the problem is just trying to find the stages lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The new Nintendo Switch is really good FYI. Also comes with a great slate of games, with more to come in late 2018.

(For anyone reading this lol).