Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    well, my SNES classis is likely to be as much of an ornament as my NES classic, because I just don't have the lifestyle to play at home at the moment. So I'm thinking of getting a DS, and I've been trying to decide which model. The forthcoming SNES-skinned one is a strong contender.
    I can recommend the 2DS XL, i think it's pretty much confirmed by everyone to be the best version of the DS on the market (i think that comes in SNES flavor)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, here in Canada craigslist is already flooded with people trying to get between $300-350 for this thing... all these assholes ads are like "I can provide proof with the reciept" fuck you... if you're gonna show me the reciept that shows you only paid $100 for it, and you're trying to charge $300 for it? That's highway robbery. Why does Nintendo let these thieves get away with this? I hate how people that didn't even want it went to buy it just to flip. I wanted one of these fuckin things and I'm still sour about it. I know it's my fault for not waking up at 7 or 8 am to go queue up in a line, but c'mon... it's 2017, we shouldn't need to fucking queue up in a line to buy an item. The item should be well stocked enough that anyone can go buy one at any given time of the day, not just the first 30 mins of the day. Urgh...

EDIT: few hours have passed since I wrote that, and I need to vent... I don't have social media, so this is the only place I can write, i'm so angry right now. I called a 24 hrs shoppers drug mart (for those living in the states, think of like a Walgreens type of store) yesterday to see if they were going to have any copies for a midnight launch. Their computer said they had 3, but they never arrived and they anticipate them to arrive sometime on the 29th, the call was made on the 28th at 5pm ish.

So, I wrote that option off... after work today, I was on my way home and I decided to call them, I was almost home and it was 9:45pm. I'm not sure what dawned on me to call, but I did... anyway, the lady said they got the 3 in and we're selling them at midnight. (why midnight on the 30th you ask? They printed their flyer out and the date was the 30th) anyway... long story short, when I called, she said they had 3 and there was only 1 person waiting and I better get there ASAP if I want one...

I got there as fast as I could, and there was another couple in the line now. I hoped that they were only buying 1 but... nope, they were each buying one!!!!! Fuck this fuckin shit! I'm so angry. I wasted so much time on this. I hate nintendo so much. But you know what I hate more? Al these fucks that bought multiple copies. So many youtube comments on SNES classic videos saying that they bought multiple ones. One to play and one to keep sealed. Fuck these fuckers!!!! Sorry, i'm really pissed off right now.
    sorry but that's utterly fucking hilarious.
    Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for you, but just the way you described it made me laugh my ass off.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The 2DS XL would be an absolute no-brainer if I liked the two colour options it comes in (black with neon cyan trim, or white with neon orange trim) but I don't in both cases the four ABXY buttons are solid colours matching the trim. There are a couple of limited edition versions either out or coming out (e.g. pokeball coloured/stickered) but they don't light my fire much either.

My favourite of the current crop, style-wise, is the (non-XL) new 3DS, in a relatively restrained, SNES-like off white with coloured buttons look. but it has been discontinued.

The dark metallic black 3DS XL is probably top of my list now. But there's the ltd ed SNES themed one coming out tomorrow. I think the inside looks lovely but the outside I'm not too bothered about, and it's a bit of a markup on the cost of a regular 3DS XL (and that's not even factoring in the availability of 2nd hand 3DS XLs now).

https://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/sf-41.png

The good news, though, is I've played about 30 minutes of Metroid on the SNESc now!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Oh I'm fittin' to go off on an N64 Classic Mini. I'm old enough, I go back to like Commodore 64, Vectrex...I played 'em all. And nothing makes me pumped for retro gaming more than the thought of reliving all those N64 titles without being gouged on ebay hahaha
    i'm one of those retropie nerds, so i haven't needed either of the classic consoles, but since emulation with n64 is spotty, at BEST, i would certainly go all-in on an N64 console. it's the only "older" console i kept bc of storage issues at my apartment, and would love to have one!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    We used to have an N64 set up at my old renting place. I had a 360 and PS3, but the N64 was the go to for mario kart and goldeneye, it just worked!

But it's looking less likely a 'classic' N64 would have many of it's best games thanks to licensing (a lot of it's bets games were made by Rare, Banjo Kazooie, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong Racing) So it would only be a select few of Nintendo's best, a lot of which have been ported and re-masted for the Wii virtual console and 3DS (Zelda, Mario 64, Pokemon Snap etc) which makes it kinda pointless now i think about it

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    sorry but that's utterly fucking hilarious.
    Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for you, but just the way you described it made me laugh my ass off.
    It's all good. I ended up getting one in the end anyway, so I can't help but look back and laugh at the whole ordeal leading up to it as well. Least it makes a good story. The fact that I had to fight tooth and nail for one, I think, makes it more special.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    It's all good. I ended up getting one in the end anyway, so I can't help but look back and laugh at the whole ordeal leading up to it as well. Least it makes a good story. The fact that I had to fight tooth and nail for one, I think, makes it more special.
    Well thanks for the lulz. I seriously needed it

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    As much as I thought I would want a bunch of my favorites on an N64 Classic, I realized...I still...have the games and my N64 from my childhood. ^^' So maybe it won't matter if a few games are absent from the included collection, and maybe they'll all be there and I'll have zero reason to buy one. All gonna depend on the catalogue, really.

If nothing else, it'd just make me laugh to see the N64 controller being widely used again.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    A few days ago, I successfully hacked my SNES classic with Hakchi2 and added 60 games to it (for a grand total of 81). I was a little nervous to do so because I was paranoid about wrecking the thing, but it was really a pretty easy and straight-forward process. The "Cluster" guy that created that handy little program made it very user-friendly and intuitive. You just need to make sure you dump your original kernel and back it up somewhere so you can restore your SNES if anything goes wrong. Anyway, now I've got every game I ever owned, rented, or wanted (plus a few I never even played) on the thing, which is pretty cool. It was worth the $85.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    As much as I thought I would want a bunch of my favorites on an N64 Classic, I realized...I still...have the games and my N64 from my childhood. ^^' So maybe it won't matter if a few games are absent from the included collection, and maybe they'll all be there and I'll have zero reason to buy one. All gonna depend on the catalogue, really.

If nothing else, it'd just make me laugh to see the N64 controller being widely used again.
    I'd love an N64 classic.. It would need four pads and only 4 games : Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros, GoldenEye and Mario Tennis. It would also come with a bag of weed and an attic as well as time off work for the full n64 experience.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    I'd love an N64 classic.. It would need four pads and only 4 games : Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros, GoldenEye and Mario Tennis. It would also come with a bag of weed and an attic as well as time off work for the full n64 experience.
    Nintendo: "Holy shit, how is the N64 classic selling so much faster than either of the others??"

Marketing department: "Pfffffft, shit, man..."

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Nintendo: "Holy shit, how is the N64 classic selling so much faster than either of the others??"
    Marketing Department: "We released an appropriate number of consoles at launch."

You gotta throw Ocarina of Time into that list above, make it 5 games?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If you don't still have a working SNES and have $200 sitting around..

http://analogue.co/pages/super-nt/

Claims to play all 2,200+ SNES/SFam games in the library, region free, with 1080p HDMI output and 4 different color varieties to choose from.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    If you don't still have a working SNES and have $200 sitting around..

http://analogue.co/pages/super-nt/

Claims to play all 2,200+ SNES/SFam games in the library, region free, with 1080p HDMI output and 4 different color varieties to choose from.
    No controllers are included in the box, you'll have to buy those separately at $40 each. That's kind of gauging the consumer... at least include 1 controller!
    Least the controllers are wireless though. It is a nice package though, I'll admit.

I'm gonna keep my eye on this.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076KRDRQG

"Amazon Exclusive" 3DS XL SNES Edition - bundled with Super Mario Kart.

$199.99 - releases Nov 27th.

That really does look sharp...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Should come with Star Fox 2.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Nintendo announces a new Animal Crossing and releases it on the same day and crickets.

Maybe it's because it's Australia exclusive for now?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Who all has picked up Super Mario Galaxy? I'm picking up my copy tonight along with Fire Emblem!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Who all has picked up Super Mario Galaxy? I'm picking up my copy tonight along with Fire Emblem!
    I’m interested in Odyssey, all the reviews look positive. I’ve only got Shovel Knight and Sonic Mania so far on the Switch. Got my eye on Doom!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I got it and it is so fantastic! 152 moons so far.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I have it. It's awesome. Possibly better than Zelda.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Late night pick ups! I started with SMG and will move on to FE later on.

And for those of you who like shooters, you gotta check out Sine Mora EX. It's currently on sale over at Amazon for $19.99 and I highly recommend it!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    All I really want is a legit Nintendo unit that plays all the Mario kart and F-Zero games...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP you know you keep calling it SMG and super mario galaxy but it's super mario odyssey, right?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Korg Gadget, quite nice almost-DAW package with many interesting synths and stuff, will be coming to Nintendo Switch.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/20...sneak-preview/

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @NotoriousTIMP you know you keep calling it SMG and super mario galaxy but it's super mario odyssey, right?
    Ugh....I dont know why i keep doing that. Thanks for catching it!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Mario Odyssey is so much fun! It's a little on the easy side so far.. the only real trouble I've had is with some of the platforming/bottomless pits segments. It's a little comical finding power moons every 2 minutes, but at least there's a sense of accomplishment from exploring each area.

Between this and Breath of the Wild, it's been a damn good year for Nintendo for me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finished the main story today. Now the grind begins...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Looks like I'll be waiting for a used copy of RIME after watching this review....

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...game_to_switch