Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    40+ hours into BOTW. Extremely happy with both the game and the Switch hardware. It has single highhandedly re-ignited my love for single player games (I play a lot of Overwatch). Can't wait to play a lot of the upcoming indie games.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Yeah, tax isn't typically included in the advertised price, and not all things are taxed (some grocery items, particularly). Every state is different, too. Like Michigan's is only 6%. Just something you have to account for when you check out.
    Not only is every state different, some cities are different from the rest of their state. I didn't realize this until I moved from NY to Philly for a few years.
    NY is 8%
    PA is 6%
    Philly, in PA, is 8%
    I didn't have a problem with this, since I was used to 8% on everything.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I aaalmost bought the second-hand Switch. Decided against it to see if I could get one at Game Stop, but when I called this morning they told me that not only did the shipment not come in today, but there were also more people lined up than they even had Switches for. Which I expected, but I was hoping demand wouldn't be that crazy HERE that early for this. I think unless a crazy good deal pops up again, I'll just bide my time until I can get one retail. As long as I get to play BOTW before the Zelda symphony orchestra show in October, I'm good!

It does make me happy to see all this positive feedback regarding BOTW and the Switch itself, though! Can't wait to have one.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-23-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So GameStop.com has the bundles up for sale and I've read that people end up returning the extra items they don't want since GS just itemizes everything individually on the receipt. I say go that route if you don't want to have to wait for a month or so for restocks

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm just so glad that Nintendo's customer service is doing such a great job with handling the cases of defunct systems/controllers getting out there. They're owning it and doing overnight shipping replacements for the left joycon problems. Any new system launch, especially this different of a system from the previous, is going to have hardware problems at first. I'll never forget the 360 disc scratch and red ring issues that Microsoft NEVER did anything about.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    What exactly is the joycon issue that people are experiencing? I have yet to play it with the screen docked so my controllers are always attached to the system.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    What exactly is the joycon issue that people are experiencing? I have yet to play it with the screen docked so my controllers are always attached to the system.
    It desyncs during play. Luckily, I haven't had that problem. And fix seems to be foam rings.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    The desync is with the left joycon only, also, which is the weird part (what is so different about the internal parts that one would be affected by such a major thing and the other unaffected at all?).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    The desync is with the left joycon only, also, which is the weird part (what is so different about the internal parts that one would be affected by such a major thing and the other unaffected at all?).
    The right was has a dedicated board for the antenna and the left doesn't apparently.
    http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...-left-fix-foam

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    rescued another kiosk today

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    That's awesooome! It makes me wish I had a bigger place. Or even a garage...

Saw that Best Buy announced more Switches online today between like, 11 and 2. Sold out by the time I saw it, naturally...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I have had Zelda since opening day and I'm forty hours in and why do things like work and responsibilties and social commitments insist on keeping me away from this game

This is everything I felt like I was doing in 1986

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I hit 150 hours last night and haven't finished the game. I have gotten all the shrines and all the memories but I am just taking my time trying to explore and unlock everything.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    SURPRISE Amazon Prime has Nintendo Swi-aaaaaand it's gone. Thanks, Nintendo.

I love all the people saying "shoulda pre-ordered brah." I would've loved to if the last two Nintendo home console launches had inspired any confidence in me to think it would be worth it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Went in after Ganon for the first the first time last night and got my ass handed to me. Has anyone else tried to kill him yet? Is it just a hack n slack battle?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    SURPRISE Amazon Prime has Nintendo Swi-aaaaaand it's gone. Thanks, Nintendo.

I love all the people saying "shoulda pre-ordered brah." I would've loved to if the last two Nintendo home console launches had inspired any confidence in me to think it would be worth it.
    No offense, but it's pretty stupid to not pre-order a Nintendo console if you're even remotely interested in it. It works something like this:
    1) Pre-order*
    2) Get console, but don't open it.
    3a) See what others have to say.
    3b) Good feedback? Open it up and have at it!
    3c) Bad feedback? Sell it for a profit to someone who doesn't care! Can't sell it at a profit? Return it!

*just make sure the store you choose doesn't have a restocking fee for brand new, unopened merchandise.

That said, it's still not a hard to find item where I live. Literally every time I've casually checked on stock, you can buy it within 15 minutes of my place. Guess we must be an anomaly.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    No offense, but it's pretty stupid to not pre-order a Nintendo console if you're even remotely interested in it. It works something like this:
    1) Pre-order*
    2) Get console, but don't open it.
    3a) See what others have to say.
    3b) Good feedback? Open it up and have at it!
    3c) Bad feedback? Sell it for a profit to someone who doesn't care! Can't sell it at a profit? Return it!

*just make sure the store you choose doesn't have a restocking fee for brand new, unopened merchandise.

That said, it's still not a hard to find item where I live. Literally every time I've casually checked on stock, you can buy it within 15 minutes of my place. Guess we must be an anomaly.
    I hear where you're coming from, for sure! My thing is - the Wii didn't really dazzle me at launch, so I wasn't interested enough to invest in it, but I knew they were impossible to find and figured I'd just wait to get one later on, after I got to see friends play it and try theirs. Then the Wii U came out and it actually seemed interesting, but I remember seeing those everywhere I went and just never being able to afford them until I'd stopped going to school and started working full time. Couldn't have afforded it at the time in the first place, heh. So I was just hesitant about the Switch at launch, the same way I am with other consoles, and I'm not the kind of person that likes to do something like buy a console, not touch it for a while, and then deal with returns and whatnot for absolutely nothing in the event that it isn't worth it. For all we knew until reviews came in and launch came, the Switch (and for that matter, BOTW) could have totally tanked commercially. Never mind the fact that there's always a chance for console launch errors/malfunctions. You never know, ya know?

I am hearing about the problems people are having with the console, though, and while the number of cases doesn't seem troubling but too outrageous, my interest is piqued enough for me to be ready to get one! I'm just frustrated because the new thing I want AND can actually afford is also so popular that I can't get it anywhere via retail. The last-minute restocks that sell out within the first 15 minutes are mildly frustrating when I spend all day at work with my hands busy or covered in paint or something. Worst case scenario, I can't get one until after next payday and I'll be that much more comfortable picking up a couple more games for it, too.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Man Muzu is racist as hell.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Man Muzu is racist as hell.
    took me a minute to realize you were talking about that old zora guy. what a dick, right?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I've finally beaten BotW and now have moved on to The Binding of Issac. What a delightful little game, has anyone else played it yet?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    NES Classic Editions have been officially discontinued. Thanks goodness I trusted my nabbed one on Ebay for ninety bucks.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    NES Classic Editions have been officially discontinued. Thanks goodness I trusted my nabbed one on Ebay for ninety bucks.
    seriously? jesus, nintendo ... i don't understand your business model of supply > demand > restock < time's up!

ugh ...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    This Nintendo rep is the Sean Spicer of the video game world.

We have paid close attention to consumer feedback, and we greatly appreciate the incredible level of consumer interest and support for this product.
    No you haven't, and clearly you don't.

(I couldn't care less about the announcement - never wanted the console; still don't. Have my original NES and an emulator. But I just don't get why a product that has been out of stock since release date would be discontinued, even if your original plan was to make it a short-term release.)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I've straight-up given up on hunting new Nintendo consoles for a little bit, it's not worth keeping an eye out for nothing. I'm just gonna stick with my 3DS and hopefully one will cross my path sooner or later. As for the Classic, I did want one, but again - mostly a lack of retail availability.

The most recent Best Buy restock WOULD have worked in my favor if the mobile version of their site would let me complete my purchase as a guest, BUT NAH WE NEED ALL YOUR OTHER INFO FIRST RIGHT NOW. OOPS GONE FROM THE CART LOL. I'd coincidentally caught it the second they went up, and that 60 seconds was still too long. What a shitshow.

Completely unrelated - I'm playing through the Ocarina of Time Master Quest and this shit is fantastic. What a simple and cool way to refresh an older and familiar game.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 04-13-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    seriously? jesus, nintendo ... i don't understand your business model of supply > demand > restock < time's up!

ugh ...
    Unfortunately yes... I'm with ya man. I cannot find the link to the article I read, but just throw it in google.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    anyone else manage to snag one? I had to wait in line outside of a Target for four hours but I finally have this for the collection

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    /\

Nice! I wanted one but it seems unlikely UK stores will have any more stock. Hearing rumours about a Mini SNES available at the end of the year so I'll make sure I grab that one.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My Switch is at the UPS hub (which is closed) 4 miles from my apartment, and isn't being delivered until Monday. So...close...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    My Switch is at the UPS hub (which is closed) 4 miles from my apartment, and isn't being delivered until Monday. So...close...
    What happened to your system? Did you have the bending issue?

Meanwhile, Nintendo got a good chunk of my wallet yesterday...

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 04-29-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    What happened to your system? Did you have the bending issue?
    Oh, no, not at all! I managed to get one on a momentary restock. It was originally supposed to come in on my birthday, bumped up to nearly a week early, and now it's just a matter of waiting two days before UPS will let me have it on Monday. Absolute torture.