Quote Originally Posted by Tony Gordon View Post
Totally disagree here. The Wii outsold all of Nintendo's older consoles and was their biggest success. Only the hardcore gamers complained about the Wii while games like Wii Fit and Wii Sports were huge hits. On the gaming messageboards they always bitch and moan about the Wii's success. So if anything, I'd say the Wii was their last brilliant console and everyone hates it for god knows what.

I hated the N64, that's ultimately where they screwed up with me. The controller was uncomfortable, and stuff like Mario and Donkey Kong certainty didn't mold well at all in the 3D form. The only staple series of Nintendo that made it well in 3D was Zelda. The fetch quest, collect-a-thon games have zero replay value. There was a few games I liked on the N64, but the library for the SNES and Wii was much better.
SNES is the best console they've ever released. N64 was the best cartridge driven system and the Gamecube as I stated, was the most underrated console ever released that was great.

As for the Wii, I don't give a rat's ass about motion controls. It's gimmicky "Get active and fit by playin' vidya gamez" schmaltz. I really don't wanna play Donkey Kong Country Returns with a Wii Remote to aim DK around the level. Too much effort for too little action to be done. Besides the core franchise titles of Mario, Metroid Prime, Zelda and Donkey Kong the system gets absolutely zero support from third party developers. I love said titles, but not enough to justify buying a Wii. The Wii U is comparable to the PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of power and titles. It's a bit dated for being 8th generation. Nintendo just doesn't do anything for me now. I am not opposed to more family friendly and kids titles but if they made a system that stacks up and has the support and a normal controller (that you don't have to buy after the fact), I'll happily buy Nintendo products.