Thread: Nintendo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Confirmed, Joy-cons are exactly the same as the old model. This is nothing but a huge rip-off, and fans are actually defending it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Confirmed, Joy-cons are exactly the same as the old model. This is nothing but a huge rip-off, and fans are actually defending it.
    Not a rip off, it's directly replacing the current one in the lineup - once the current switch sells off they'll just be selling the OLED model and the upgrade warrants the price if you don't have one already.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Not a rip off, it's directly replacing the current one in the lineup - once the current switch sells off they'll just be selling the OLED model and the upgrade warrants the price if you don't have one already.
    You think an upgraded screen, no upgrades internally, with no fix to the ever on going problem of stick drift is warranted because of.... OLED. Please tell me you're joking. The damn PSP had an OLED screen back in 2011. But... LAN port.

For someone like me that is buying one this weekend, I could care less about an upgraded screen that more than half the people that own a Switch keep it docked anyway. It's just more Nintendo nonsense and people just eat it up. Sorry, but I ain't drinking that kool-aid.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-12-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    You think an upgraded screen, no upgrades internally, with no fix to the ever on going problem of stick drift is warranted because of.... OLED. Please tell me you're joking. The damn PSP had an OLED screen back in 2011. But... LAN port.

For someone like me that is buying one this weekend, I could care less about an upgraded screen that more than half the people that own a Switch keep it docked anyway. It's just more Nintendo nonsense and people just eat it up. Sorry, but I ain't drinking that kool-aid.
    I’m sorry you’re so buttmad about this whole thing, this isn’t a switch pro. It would be a pretty big fool to upgrade their current switch for this one, but if I’m out buying a first time switch the larger screen, OLED, Ethernet port, much longer battery life, a stand that actually makes sense to use and twice the hard drive size for $50 extra isn’t really that bad of an asking price.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 07-12-2021 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    much longer battery life
    Nope... OLED edition doesn't offer anymore than the OG switch does. It's ok to say you like to accept the bare minimum.

You can literally buy a working ethernet add-on, along with almost every feature the OLED has to offer for about $50 right now... Also, the resolution being locked at 720p can potentially make certain games look worse now with a larger screen.

There is difference between being "buttmad" and not settling for Nintendos blantant bullshit anymore...
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-12-2021 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Nope... OLED edition doesn't offer anymore than the OG switch does. It's ok to say you like to accept the bare minimum.

You can literally buy a working ethernet add-on, along with almost every feature the OLED has to offer for about $50 right now... Also, the resolution being locked at 720p can potentially make certain games look worse now with a larger screen.

There is difference between being "buttmad" and not settling for Nintendos blantant bullshit anymore...
    I feel like you legitimately don’t know or understand what the oled switch even offers and you’re just trolling.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I feel like you legitimately don’t know or understand what the oled switch even offers and you’re just trolling.
    You have said some wild stuff on these boards... But this one just takes the cake. You lost me when you said it had extended battery life...

Moving on....