Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Children's Music

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Children's Music

=music for children, by children, pleasing to children etc.

I have a 3-month old and since the beginning music has been important: a good tool for getting her to sleep, and a general daily soundtrack. So far she likes Screaming Trees, RHCP, Massive Attack and The Beatles, among others. I think the formula might have something to do with a combination of a steady beat, general loudness or distortion, and soothing melodies. She often wakes up when the album ends.
    I've also been playing her music I was played as a kid (some examples below).
    Anyway, I'm hoping this can be a place for suggestions, and discussions about music and kids. What music did you enjoy as a child? What songs awoke you to the power of music?

Some stuff I remember from when I was a kid:

(I'm not that old though!)

(one of the first songs I remember)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    This thread never had any response, just wondering if it might now, since I know some of you are parents.
    Still looking for recommendations for music kids might be into.
    Bored of playing the Beatles, and I have currently been introducing my daughter to the Clancy Brothers, and she loves some of their songs:

When I was a kid this was one of my favourite albums, I wish I could find it somehow:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Somewhat sorta related, here's the first part of a cool documentary about a really great album.

http://www.amazon.com/Innocence-Desp...qid=1429895618