Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Video Game Cover Artists/Bands

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Video Game Cover Artists/Bands

A thread for discussing and sharing the quirky world of video game covers. Lots of tributes and covers are out there by bands and artists of all types. If you have one, share it here. I will start this thread off by posting a few of my favorites, though this is just the tip of the iceberg. If you are fans of these video games and music genres, you're going to have a blast.

Post-Rock Extraordinaire, Cory Johnson:
    The Legend of Zelda

This album is incredible! Seriously, this album is among the best post-rock recordings I have ever heard, regardless of the fact that it is made up of music inspired and adapted from a video game. As the title implies, this is based on music from the Zelda series of games. Enjoy getting your mind blown on this one. The best thing about it? It flows along as some epic conceptual progressive rock album. Even better, I can't believe it is free! Just click on the download URL above and name your price, even if that is nothing. Though after you hear this, you might feel like a complete dick hole if you gave nothing for it.

Metroid Metal:
    Varia Suite
    Expansion Pack
    Other Album

Metroid Metal, as the name implies, is pretty self-explanatory here. They're a metal band that has reworked music from the Metroid series into, well, metal genre'd albums. My favorite is Expansion Pack but, again, you can stream them all for free before you purchase.

minibosses
    :
    brass
    brass II

The minibosses are an old favorite. These cats were one of the first video game cover bands to get popular. If you haven't heard of them, do yourself a favor and check them out. They're perhaps not as technically masterful as the bands above, but they're damn loads of fun to jam too. Their first album, Brass, is free.

I'm sure many of you have similar artists to share. Please feel free to do so. This also includes video game tribute albums and compilations as well.
    Last edited by pulse; 02-05-2015 at 07:31 PM. Reason: fixed url

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I've always liked "The Advantage", they have only 2 studio albums as far as i know and many EP's, they do great covers of many faves of mine like "Megaman" (2) and "Batman", check them out!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Great thread. BitSymphony does some cool stuff with Final Fantasy tunes. I particularly like the FFVII tracks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Team Teamwork - The Ocarina Of Rhyme
    Official free download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/qt...de/Ocarina.zip

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My brother is in a video game cover band. Kinda no frills - keyboard, bass, violin and drums, but good stuff. My brother is the drummer.