Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Homeland

Sunday nights on Showtime. It's an interesting concept for a TV show. Anyone else watching?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    yep. i think this is the best quality drama on TV right now, mostly because they've cast accomplished Hollywood/Broadway actors and they seem to know how to keep the audience engaged (as opposed to just tease it, J.J. style). Carrie and Saul eat the scenery every Sunday!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been watching this from the beginning and it is the show I look forward to the most on Sunday nights! Very exciting and each episode ends with a reveal that makes it hard to wait another week.
    It seems that Brody has lost all emotion and is now a cold strategist. What he shows towards his family is necessary for them to trust him. The man has been destroyed inside; there is not much left after what he has endured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I expected a lot more love for this show from people here.

First season was fantastic.

SPOILERS:

Those brief moments in the bunker were incredibly intense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    that was great! do we even know if Carrie will be back for the second season? they can of left it uncertain. and i definitely felt like she made the show for me. powerhouse acting on top of quality writing (despite numerous TV moments).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
    that was great! do we even know if Carrie will be back for the second season? they can of left it uncertain. and i definitely felt like she made the show for me. powerhouse acting on top of quality writing (despite numerous TV moments).
    I'm quite sure both she and Brody will be back. I DVR'd the finale last night and can't WAIT to watch it tonight! Such a good show.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just started watching this the other day, I'm now on episode 8 and hooked. It's really great and like someone else said, every time an episode ends it's hard not to jump right into the next.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally finished watching this last night and holy hell is this show awesome. The finale was super intense, such great performances by Damian Lewis and Claire Daines. Hopefully Carrie is back in season 2, she's definitely a huge part of the reason this show is so good and it wouldn't be the same without her.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This is now showing in the UKon channel 4 and I'm up to episode 6, This is great, I change my mind every week about whether Brody has been turned or not

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Sorry for double post but just finished this series - Sundays won't be the same without a bottle of wine and Homeland!

Like the addition of the guy who played Randall Flag in The Stand as the vice president

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    great trailer.. gave me goosebumps!

i think its an underrated show, im usually not into political themed shows, but i gave it a shot and ended up loving it. claire danes and damian lewis are amazing. cant wait for it to start.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This show is awesome.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Was it the Social Network trailer with 'Creep' that began the use of pop songs done by choirs as trailer themes?

Can't wait for this series though, but I'm in the uk so will probably have to wait ages for it to get over here

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I watched half of season 1. Really good story and pacing... I just hope it stays in the believable, the possible range.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I watched half of season 1. Really good story and pacing... I just hope it stays in the believable, the possible range.
    It does, the last few episodes are some of the most intense television I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    It does, the last few episodes are some of the most intense television I've ever seen.
    I work from my home and never watch meaningful tv during the day. I just turned on episode 7. Can't-stop-watching.....
    Last edited by Dra508; 09-26-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Wow - can't wait for Sunday

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I couldn't get into this show my first try, but seeing as it swept the emmys I'm going to have to try again. Also, the other day my friend is asking me If I like Homeland and I tell him no obviously. Turns out his cousin created the show. Way to make me shit talk it for you to say your cousin created it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Definitely looking forward to season 2, very intense show.

Nice to see Damien Lewis on TV, became a fan of him ever since Band of Brothers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Loved this show when it aired. The ads didn't hook me but it turned out to be awesome. Still, I dunno how it didnt so good at the emmys. It's just not in the same class as Breaking Bad/Mad Men/Boardwalk Empire. Is it just coz it's America and Homeland is about terrorism or what?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    Loved this show when it aired. The ads didn't hook me but it turned out to be awesome. Still, I dunno how it didnt so good at the emmys. It's just not in the same class as Breaking Bad/Mad Men/Boardwalk Empire. Is it just coz it's America and Homeland is about terrorism or what?
    I can say that Damien Lewis and Claire Daines both deserved their Emmy's, I haven't seen Mad Men or Boardwalk Empire. I think it could hold its own against Breaking Bad given time, it's only had one season.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I totally see why Homeland beat Boardwalk Empire. I loved that series too, but the second season the story and pacing was a bit off. Homeland, ever episode was perfect. I don't much about television production, but I have to believe those really good first seasons happen because the writers pace the entire season's story line perfectly across all 12 or whatever episodes. The second season of Boardwalk had some silly plots and good characters doing stupid stuff.

It's like 24 and Prison Break - the first is usually the best and it's all down hill from there. For Homeland, what do they do with Carrie? I totally see Brody's character carrying on, but Carrie? Whatever they think up to keep her around I'm going to bet is implausible.

OK, my cynicism is showing. Going to go start watching Breaking Bad.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    It's like 24 and Prison Break - the first is usually the best and it's all down hill from there. For Homeland, what do they do with Carrie? I totally see Brody's character carrying on, but Carrie? Whatever they think up to keep her around I'm going to bet is implausible.
    I heard they ask her back into the CIA somehow. But yeah, seems a bit implausible.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I finished up the first season of Homeland a few days ago and really enjoyed it. I love Saul! I wouldn't say Damian Lewis and Claire Danes give perfect performances, but they give damn good ones, and Danes in particular nails her character's most important moments - Spoiler: her mental and emotional breakdowns. When Brody "breaks up" with her in the season finale, Carrie's reaction is hard to watch. It stings, it hits home.

Question: why does Brody's wife call him "Brody"? Shouldn't she be calling him "Nick" or "Nicolas"? Maybe there was some bit of backstory I missed, but it just ever-so-slightly irks me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Question: why does Brody's wife call him "Brody"? Shouldn't she be calling him "Nick" or "Nicolas"? Maybe there was some bit of backstory I missed, but it just ever-so-slightly irks me.
    I think that was his nickname that everyone calls him and probably she's been calling him that since they met.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think that was his nickname that everyone calls him and probably she's been calling him that since they met.
    Cool, I figured. It's not like it sounds weird coming out of Morena Baccarin's mouth, I just can't help but think of anyone else's spouse calling them by their last name and how silly that scenario seems in my head.

I think I'm more excited for the start of Homeland's next season than I am for Dexter's (even though the latter's new premise seems more promising than anything they've done in a while), but of course Homeland is just starting out so it's a bit of an unfair comparison.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Exactly the case with my brother and his wife. It sounds weird to me, but when she met him he was Sully to everyone so why shouldn't she call him that?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    There was some love for Calgary (where i reside) in the season 2 premiere

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I downloaded season one a couple days ago because of this thread, and I'm totally hooked now. I think I'm going to finish it today.