Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^thanks for that, there's not enough Brody in this series and FAR too much Dana

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Homeland

I watching the last two episodes, they've totally redeemed themselves. The plot twists have been great. I'm actually ok with Brody (sign) not being on right now. Carrie isn't overacting and Saul is full on human.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finalllllyyyyy!! Here we go..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Is there ever an op in this show where someone doesn't break rank? It's not just that either, everything is starting to feel like the same old shit. Carrie's always about to lose her job (on meds off meds on meds off meds), Saul is having relationship troubles, Dana is Dana, etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was a little iffy about this season but at this point in I am finding it very intriguing. The plot thickens! I knew it would have to circle back around to Brody. Looks like it going to get even more interesting.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    FINALLY... this is the Brody I've been waiting the whole damn season for, the one who will do everything he can for redemption...

I'm also really glad they did the 16 days later thing so they didn't drag out his rehabilitation and training over a whole other season. Suit him up and send him out.

Can't wait to see him in action on this op.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    FINALLY... this is the Brody I've been waiting the whole damn season for, the one who will do everything he can for redemption...

I'm also really glad they did the 16 days later thing so they didn't drag out his rehabilitation and training over a whole other season. Suit him up and send him out.

Can't wait to see him in action on this op.
    Aaaamen to that! I've been waiting so patiently to have Brody return and as soon as he does.. the whole shows swagger just changes and everything is like 20 times more intense. I can only imagine how much more messed up in the head he will after all of the shit he has been through. To me, it seems like Dana is the only aspect of his life that he actually cares about.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Yeah, his wife and son don't mean shit.

I disagree about the "16 days later" thing. It's an otherwise inferior show, but I thought True Blood did that much better in it's season finale. I would have loved to seen more with Brody and his crew bonding.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This season, in spite of starting off really slow, has been better than last season for me. I'm happy they stopped focusing on the Brody family so much. They just didn't matter that much anymore. I'm intrigued by what they are going to do with Nick Brody though. I found it hilarious that he didn't give a shit about his son when visiting Dana last week. Either way, I'll keep tuning in because it has been entertaining...but I wonder what the end game this season (or next season since they've been extended) will be. At least they haven't turned into another 24..yet.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

The whole interview was very fascinating, but this bit in particular got my eye. Makes me appreciate and understand Saul more.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So used to seeing him with a beard on the show not to mention i still find it insane that this is the same guy that played Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride.

I hadn't seen him in anything else (that i'm aware of) and all of a sudden nearly 30 years later i see him as he is now, hard to believe it's the same person.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So used to seeing him with a beard on the show not to mention i still find it insane that this is the same guy that played Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride.

I hadn't seen him in anything else (that i'm aware of) and all of a sudden nearly 30 years later i see him as he is now, hard to believe it's the same person.
    This may blow your mind, he's also Gimli in Lord of the Rings. I had no idea until a couple of years ago.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    This may blow your mind, he's also Gimli in Lord of the Rings. I had no idea until a couple of years ago.
    no, he isn't. Gimli was portrayed by John Rhys Davies.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah lol Gimli was the guy from Sliders and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    He really said that?

Hmm.. well his career is what he makes of it, it's his choice.. who is anyone to fault him of that? I suppose he could have said some things differently so as not to seem like he was taking a dig at other actors and their career choices but I suppose he was just being blunt. I have to believe that he did not mean any offense by the fruity comment, assuming that he just meant silly as opposed to any kind of homophobic slur.

Also if you read the article where it says "Lewis recently commented that when he was in his 20s" i would again assume he was quoting and acknowledging the mindset of his 20 year old self and not necessarily the views of the person he is now.

Kudos to Ian Mckellen for being the stand up guy he is though.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yeah lol Gimli was the guy from Sliders and Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    Oh shit you're right. My bad.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Homeland

He was the original main dude on Criminal Minds too.

He does theater too. Original broadway production of Evita. Geeze 1980!

Last two episodes have been quite a ride. Many unexpected turn of events.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'll miss Jessica and her overwhelming hotness. But while the actress who plays Dana is very talented, I think pretty much everyone has had more than enough of The Adventures Of Dana. That tangent way outstayed its welcome.
    Last edited by Vertigo; 12-14-2013 at 03:43 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Well I'm done with this show, what a stupid fucking joke of a finale.......and this whole season hasn't even been that great to begin with.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well I'm done with this show, what a stupid fucking joke of a finale.......and this whole season hasn't even been that great to begin with.
    I dunno I liked it. But it seemed more like a series finale than a season finale. Saul's out of the CIA, Brodie is dead. And Carrie continues to be a lone wolf and no cliffhanger. The show could have ended there as far as I'm concerned. But I guess we'll have to see what's in store next year.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    I dunno I liked it. But it seemed more like a series finale than a season finale. Saul's out of the CIA, Brodie is dead. And Carrie continues to be a lone wolf and no cliffhanger. The show could have ended there as far as I'm concerned. But I guess we'll have to see what's in store next year.
    Totally agree with you here. But for me.. this had to be the most boring season finale I have seen in a long time. When they started putting him up I was like "Is this really happening??". To get rid of a character of that caliber after waiting weeks just to see him on screen.. it really left a sour taste in my mouth. The show to me barely moved on without Brody, and now that he is not in the picture at all??? They have to introduce someone new to the mix or we will have a whole season of Carrie going crazy because she cannot handle the baby nonsense and Saul yelling at her telling her to make the right decisions.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    That's probably how I'll treat it, i mean as a series finale because at this point they don't really have anything to bring the viewer back other than curiosity and the hopes of following up on plot hole or something, i mean i would have been perfectly fine with this as a season finale if this was the Season 1 conclusion...but it's a little late as far as I'm concerned to follow some kind of American Horror Story formula for future seasons or whatever the hell it is they're trying to do when there was this much time invested in that story. I really don't care about when Carrie's next psychotic episode is going to be, maybe this is just me on a premature knee-jerk post season reaction and I'll come around but for fuck sakes.....

EDIT: Also i wasn't expecting them to just go all Hollywood for the finale and swoop in at the last second of Brody hanging there and then cutting him down, that would have been dumb but if his imminent execution was avoided in the first place maybe the character could have been salvaged in a much more interesting way.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 12-16-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I'm on this same boat. Disappointed in this ending. They had like 5 chances to Spoiler: kill off Brody, but they had to do it that way? I don't know - maybe I'd have preferred a more hollywood death. I guess Carrie witnessing the execution was something

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I agree this could have been and should have been the series finale. I guess it's the Carrie show after all.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalrose View Post
    I agree this could have been and should have been the series finale. I guess it's the Carrie show after all.
    That is what I mean.. The Carrie Show. The first two seasons I thought were fantastic and the thrill was there almost entirely. I just feel that this show has always been Carrie and Brody.. the two story lines always balanced each other. As much as we saw Brody's family and what was going on.. Carrie had no idea who they were or met them for a while, even though Brody and her finally joined each other on screen. It was the unknowing of the knowing when it came down to the cast. I feel they could have done so much more with Brody now all on his own and what not.. and what was going on with Carrie.

The entire time I was watching the Carrie story and freaking Dana's story that has absolutely nothing to do about anything.. I was wondering "What is Brody doing, what is up with Brody..". I just feel a bit duped.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If the whole season was more focused on the trial like the season premiere and meanwhile tracking down Brody it would've been a lot better. I was ok with it right until the reveal where we learn that Carrie's situation was all part of Saul's plan and it didn't make much sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For me the connection between Carrie and Brody is what made it most interesting. The push and pull between them, the recognizing in each other their hurt and lost souls. The show will not be the same without Brody. I will watch the new season next year but halfheartedly unless they come up with a story line that equals or surpasses the excitement of season one.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)