Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wouldn't care if the wife wasn't around. I still only see her as the alien chick from that crappy V tv series that got cancelled.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Homeland

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Yeah but whenever Jess has sex with someone I expect her to reveal a big lizard tail and disembowel them
    What a way to go tho.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I wouldn't care if the wife wasn't around. I still only see her as the alien chick from that crappy V tv series that got cancelled.
    That's my problem with this show, something about it screams "you're watching people act!". That's why i hated it winning big in the emmy's, i enjoyed the show for sure but man i was surprised when it even got nominated for some of those categories. In my opinion it just didn't deserve what it won, it's not high class television like all (or most) the other shows that were nominated.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just watched the two seasons over the last few days. Haven't been hooked on a show like this in a long time (probably since Breaking Bad or The Wire). Gonna suck waiting for the third season.

I love the twists in this show. Sometimes it gets a little too like 24 for my tastes, but they really keep taking the show in different places that I would have never guessed.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Homeland

Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Just watched the two seasons over the last few days. Haven't been hooked on a show like this in a long time (probably since Breaking Bad or The Wire). Gonna suck waiting for the third season.

I love the twists in this show. Sometimes it gets a little too like 24 for my tastes, but they really keep taking the show in different places that I would have never guessed.
    I did the same thing, watched season 1 all in a few days. I might have to re-watch season 2 together. I'm sure I missed some things.

Also, I think some of the writers of this show wrote for 24 too.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Nice to see Damian Lewis get his Golden Globe this year since he missed it the last time, that guy is a class act.

Loved him ever since Band of Brothers.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The first season was kinda cool..... gripping.... lots of twists.

BUT then the season finale happened. What a disappointment that eventually led to the wank fest that is season 2.

If they had the guts for Brody to actually carry out his mission, this show would've been talked about for ages. Instead they pulled the emotion card and did what they did. What a shame.

AND why the hell does the wife call her husband Brody?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    The first season was kinda cool..... gripping.... lots of twists.

BUT then the season finale happened. What a disappointment that eventually led to the wank fest that is season 2.

If they had the guts for Brody to actually carry out his mission, this show would've been talked about for ages. Instead they pulled the emotion card and did what they did. What a shame.

AND why the hell does the wife call her husband Brody?
    It would have been talked about, but it would have ended, because Brody would be dead. I agree about a lot of season 2 but I loved the finale and I'm quite excited about how season 3 will pan out

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It would have been talked about, but it would have ended, because Brody would be dead. I agree about a lot of season 2 but I loved the finale and I'm quite excited about how season 3 will pan out
    Not necessarily. Look at The Wire. Main character died left and right but the show went on.

And I noticed that the internet agrees with me that Brody's son is the biggest pussy willow ever and an all around shitty kid.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    watched the leak. yep gonna be a good season.
    Last edited by DVYDRNS; 09-02-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Where the fuck is Nick Brody these last couple of episodes?.... (i know i know, he's on the run) would it have killed them to cut away from Carrie's insanity for two fucking seconds though? a little tease/thrown bone.

I'm much more interested in how he's going to survive all of this as opposed to much else to be honest. The back and forth with Saul and Carrie is starting to get a bit old.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 10-12-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Homeland

Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Where the fuck is Nick Brody these last couple of episodes?.... (i know i know, he's on the run) would it have killed them to cut away from Carrie's insanity for two fucking seconds though? a little tease/thrown bone.

I'm much more interested in how he's going to survive all of this as opposed to much else to be honest. The back and forth with Saul and Carrie is starting to get a bit old.
    I sort of like the exploration on Brody's kid.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Well, we got our answer where he was...or at least where he is now. Interesting season thus far.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'd like more Quin personally. I thought this series was going to be Quin, feeling guilty he hadn't killed Brody when he had the chance, playing cat and mouse with Brody on the run

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I'd like more Quin personally. I thought this series was going to be Quin, feeling guilty he hadn't killed Brody when he had the chance, playing cat and mouse with Brody on the run
    I suspect they'll turn back to him. Maybe that'll be next season since they've made Carrie unstable again. I can't see the CIA taking her back again.

Brody with not hair is not a pretty Brody. Just saying I vote for Gingers.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I suspect they'll turn back to him. Maybe that'll be next season since they've made Carrie unstable again. I can't see the CIA taking her back again.

Haha, that's what I thought as well about bald Brody. But about Quin.. I really, REALLY liked him more when he met David in the room looking like an agent the show slowly developed on. They did a good job with Quin I think from the small window he has been in on the show. But with David, it showed growth and who Quin really is as a person and that was pretty dam good to watch because you could see how serious he really was and is about his beliefs.. good character development right there so far.. hope he sticks around.

Season is good so far.. really excited to see how Brody's story develops because as of right now, he has absolutely nobody except that new Chica he has been talking to.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post

I stand corrected.

Last night, I got caught up on the last two episodes Spoiler: They can't make that senator the director of the CIA - the world will come to an end

I think Quin is in love with Carrie. Heck Saul is in love with Carrie too.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I want more freaking Brody.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    No kidding, i mean we got a whole episode devoted to him finally but his activities have definitely been sparse.

Damian Lewis is one of my favorite actors ever since Band of Brothers so i get a bit impatient sometimes if his screentime ends up diminished or if he doesn't have a more prominent role.

I know there are a lot of characters on this show integral to the story so I'm not knocking them or anything and it's not like i don't enjoy their parts as well but i would sure like a bit more balance this season..... i mean this isn't Game of Thrones for crying out loud.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It's hard to understand for me why he has only been in like two episodes. This season has been a mess so far, and all we get is a huge dupe and sappy teenage bullcrap I could care less about.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I want more freaking Brody.
    in all honesty, i think that is the problem with the show. season 1 should have been brody's arc, and then move on. alas, they've kept him around for far too long.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I crammed the first five episodes Friday, and I keep flashing to the third episode. I'm engaged in the other stuff, but at some point in the last two and I'm sure tonight I'll think "how the hell is he going to get out of this".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    enjoying season 3 so far but damn I wouldn't mind if they just killed off Dana...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This show is weird, its like its gone in the wrong direction plot wise, sort of dug its own hole, yet despite that its still well written at points and gripping and i really enjopy watching it!
    I loved the first season, hated the end of season 1 with Brody in the Bunker, disliked the plot of Season2 yet could not stop watching it? And in the mess of a plot it had some really fine moments.
    It would be good if they started again with a new plot possibly got rid of Brody completely. I think Clare Danes is brilliant in this, i really like her charachter and Saul too.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    enjoying season 3 so far but damn I wouldn't mind if they just killed off Dana...
    I wouldn't mind if they killed off these stupid typical teen plots with boyfriends I barely care about. The actress playing her is actually pretty good in the role, as she had some great scenes with Lewis in the first and second seasons. The mother is more of a teenager than Dana sometimes.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Get rid of Brody?? Honestly.. he was the main reason why I wanted to keep watching this show. Yea Danes is fantastic, but her moods and skanky ways really gets old fast when you are force fed it over and over again. I think the situation Brody is in now is even more intriguing than the first two seasons because you really have no idea what is going to happen to him and he has absolutely nobody to rely on but himself. He brings a different balance to the show so getting rid of him completely really doesn't make sense to me.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Her 'moods and skanky ways'? Nice.

Personally, I think Homeland is the best thing on TV now Breaking Bad's gone. Riveting and unpredictable with a fantastic set of characters. I don't think they've dug themselves into a hole at all, I love it every week.
    My one irritation at the moment? Spoiler: That the NSA turn against Carrie was a gigantic plot. Stretched credulity somewhat.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I just found out about this, thought you guys might be interested if you weren't aware of it.

Emmy Award-winner Damian Lewis, who stars as Former Congressman and U.S. Marine Sergeant Nicholas Brody in the hit series Homeland, narrates this original Homeland story of Brody's journey into exile. Picking up at the end of Season 2 after he has parted from Carrie at the border, Brody relates, in the form of a letter to Carrie, his desperate escape by sea and land as the world's most-hunted fugitive. Guided off the grid by a former CIA analyst and a battle-scarred French mercenary, he stays in the shadows...both physically and emotionally. But wherever he goes and whoever he meets, he cannot stop thinking about Carrie.
    This powerful audio-only story is the perfect complement to your Season 3 viewing, and a great way for current and new fans to get to know what drives one of the most fascinating characters on television.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Arts-Enter...lisher-summary