Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Rosetta

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Rosetta

i don't like describing bands by using comparisons to other bands, so i'll just say that Rosetta is amazing. they achieve the perfect balance of pretty and loud, devastating and uplifting. i saw them last July in a tiny venue in chicago and talked to them before they played. they're really interesting, really brilliant, down to earth guys. unfortunately, they only tour during the summer, as Mike Armine, the vocalist, is a teacher.

anyway, here are a few of my favourites of theirs:

Red In Tooth And Claw

Je N'en Connais Pas La Fin

Wake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bump because these guys are amazing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    oh my god, finally! a year later and someone actually posts in here after i started the thread.

have you ever seen them live?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately they haven't toured near me since I discovered them, but they are one of a few bands is go out of my way to see

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Don't know how I missed this thread the first time around. These guys are amazing.

I was lucky enough to see them in 2010 but the opening bands (mostly local) played too long so they had to cut their set short. They only played 3 songs but I'd be damned if it wasn't amazing. I hope to see them again someday but they don't tour the west coast often.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    they were originally going to be recording a new EP this winter, but Sandy completely destroyed the studio where they were scheduled. not sure if they've found somewhere else or if they've stamped down a time, but i have my fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    new album coming out tomorrow via pay what you want digital download (physical releases to follow in a couple months). more info here.

one new song up for streaming here and another one here.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Holy shit, I forgot about this. Those 2 new songs sound great. A little bit better production than the last album, though ADOM sounded great on vinyl.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    the new songs do indeed sound great. this is such a good band and i really think the get overlooked in the genre.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've heard of them and I've been meaning to get into them for quite a long while, I might just start with the new album.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the new album is supposed to be REALLY heavy compared to some of their other stuff, so i don't know if that's where i'd start.

you should probably check out all of their stuff, because, honestly, it's all fucking incredible.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah you really could start with any album. Rosetta has a distinctive sound, but each album is slightly different. I highly recommend checking out some of the splits they've done with other bands after you check out the main albums. Some of their best work is on those. There's a really great cover of The Cure's "Homesick".

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The new album is great. I look forward to getting to know it better. I'm leaving on a road trip tomorrow and this will fit in nicely as a soundtrack.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i listened to it this morning straight through from start to finish and it was fucking incredible. there is definitely some HEAVY stuff on there, and i loved it.

i was concerned about the album artwork because it's SO DIFFERENT from everything else they've done, but after listening to the album, i think it's perfect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ah, ok, thanks for the reccomendations/suggestions.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    european cd/vinyl pre-orders are up!

the CD is a decent deal, as that price includes shipping anywhere, but the vinyl is a bit pricey with shipping.
    that said, they're going to be self-releasing a US vinyl pressing in november (but no CD).

here's what they look like: