Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Puscifer

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Thought I'd download it and give it a peek, and 'What Is...' is the closest they could get to what it was like when I saw them in Kansas City. I was hoping we'd see all the video footage they showed between sets (all the Billy and Hildy stuff) in one form or another, so I'm glad we got that. Is it worth the 13-20 bucks? Fuck yeah. I'll pick it up on Friday.

I'll probably get the CD digitally, too, after the holidays.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If anyone does stumble upon or make a rip of the 8-ball recording, I would love to have a copy. And for the record, I own the vinyl (picked up the 3rd from last copy in Madison, WI from what I can tell), but lack the knowledge/equipment to make a proper digital copy (I really wish they had included a drop card, it's 2013, I thought all vinyl had a dropcard).

Thanks

Edit: It's a pretty good album by the way. I know it was done more or less as a joke (and it is funny, especially how little 'Sour Grapes' had to do with it's original) but also, very...catchy...at times.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I wouldn't mind a PM of the 8-Ball record if anyone has one, please...

I live in the middle of the fucking desert so there was no chance of me getting one legitimately. I really wanted one because I'm a sucker for limited edition stuff. Maybe I'll pay a stupidly high markup on eBay.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    First off, I own EVERYTHING Puscifer but I missed the exclusive vinyl and have not had a chance to pick up what is? yet. Two Best Buys in my area didnt have it! I've seen them live 3 times and just couldnt wait to see it! Sorry for breaking the rules!

Secondly, London Clean-Lily is Lance Dillon Lyon rearranged and the Sir. is just to make it even more stupid. It is my alias for making electronic music. (http://sirlondoncleanlily.bandcamp.com) While I appreciate the offer I am going to decline the offer for your body as I am recently engaged to a beautiful lady.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Puscifer

If someone has a copy of the 8 Ball LP... I'd love a PM
    Last edited by gerbil; 12-02-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    First off, I own EVERYTHING Puscifer but I missed the exclusive vinyl and have not had a chance to pick up what is? yet. Two Best Buys in my area didnt have it!
    It was a Record Store Day release, so it would only be carried by independent record stores as a limited, first come first serve vinyl release. Check your indie record stores, one may still have one! (I once found a similarly rare RSD release a week later in a local-ish chain store, so it's a long-shot, but it might be worth a try)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Momma said like the rain...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Can I get a PM of 8-balls, too? I enjoyed What Is.. but can't find this one.
    By the way, really enjoying all of the Maynard-related releases nowadays. Especially Mer De Noms Live, and What Is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply. Anyone know how/where to get this?

I see the Cd but not the DVD on puscifer.com. Amazon says CD not available and Dvd ships in 1-4 weeks.

Thanks

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So the film is available in HD on iTunes, but wasn't released on Blu-Ray? Anyone know if there are any plans to release it on blu-ray down the line? I'd like to own a physical copy of this, but I don't want to buy the dvd if they're just gonna release the blu-ray later on

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Puscifer

Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    So the film is available in HD on iTunes, but wasn't released on Blu-Ray? Anyone know if there are any plans to release it on blu-ray down the line? I'd like to own a physical copy of this, but I don't want to buy the dvd if they're just gonna release the blu-ray later on
    There has been no mention of a Blu ray release for "What Is...". Doesn't mean it won't happen but I doubt it will.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Got this as an email but the images don't want to copy over, so here are screen shots. I like the part about "special guests" turning up - hopefully Trent is one of 'em -

Larger images:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9763/ntit.jpg

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/1218/clxd.jpg

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4662/rsoh.jpg

Last edited by Ryan; 12-04-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm just gonna put it out there
    ... special guests should be Trent Reznor for Passive and Potions

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    For Vacant*. ;-)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Danny Carey has played live with Puscifer before. Danny Lohner could show up. Paz, Jeordie, and Milla are all options.

Trent (and Josh Eustis, presumably) are going to be in Sweden on the 10th, so it's probably safe to say he won't be showing up.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Also, I'm about halfway through the DVD so far. I wish they would have shown more of the full country songs. So far my favorite parts of the performance are the random close-up shots of Neil Hamburger sitting on stage scowling while drinking wine.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Puscifer

And then suddenly Billy Howerdel was there.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    And then suddenly Billy Howerdel was there.
    lol yes, that just caught me off guard. I had assumed this was one night, then from one shot to the next (of the same song), Billy appears then disappears, then Neil Hamburger appears then disappears, then it's just Maynard, then it's just nobody, then back to Maynard and Billy. I thought I was going insane.

Also, this concert birthday party they're throwing is a month after Maynard's birthday. May 10 is Danny Carey's birthday, though...
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 12-04-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    I have no doubt about it that TR would have attended this event for Maynard in the event he was in town. But that's in the middle of his European leg of the new NIN tour.
    In fact, there is a NIN show booked for the 10th of May already (forgot what city/country) But trust me, this crossed my mind earlier today.

This also means Josh Eustis is gonna miss Maynard's birhday bash... So I hope there's no hard feelings between Maynard and Josh, or even Trent for that matter for stealing one of his main men in Puscifer heh. I wonder who's gonna replace Josh live for the Puscifer songs now.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I wonder who's gonna replace Josh live for the Puscifer songs now.
    Jonathan Bates or gtfo

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    This also means Josh Eustis is gonna miss Maynard's birhday bash... So I hope there's no hard feelings between Maynard and Josh, or even Trent for that matter for stealing one of his main men in Puscifer heh. I wonder who's gonna replace Josh live for the Puscifer songs now.
    Maynard has said from the beginning that members rotate in and out because they have other commitments. So I doubt he'd be upset. Plus he knows that NIN is a huge money maker for Josh (especially compared to Puscifer). So yeah I'm sure he's cool.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Also, I'm about halfway through the DVD so far. I wish they would have shown more of the full country songs. So far my favorite parts of the performance are the random close-up shots of Neil Hamburger sitting on stage scowling while drinking wine.
    Congratulations on just single-handedly selling me on this video.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Any word on the "What Is..." vinyl release? Amazon sent me a message saying, "we're having trouble obtaining, etc" and it's not on the official Puscifer website either...

Bought the 8-Ball vinyl and love it, but have no means of ripping it myself for on-the-go listening, so if someone could send me a PM, that would be awesome...thanks!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Puscifer

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Any word on the "What Is..." vinyl release? Amazon sent me a message saying, "we're having trouble obtaining, etc" and it's not on the official Puscifer website either...

Bought the 8-Ball vinyl and love it, but have no means of ripping it myself for on-the-go listening, so if someone could send me a PM, that would be awesome...thanks!
    I'm still waiting to hear if anyone has an 8-Ball rip. If not, I wouldn't be surprised to see one forthcoming in the next week or so.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Did VIP really sell out in under a minute? Fuck fuck fuck.

Whew. Constantly refreshing for 50 minutes and I managed to grab a VIP package!
    Last edited by JessicaSarahS; 12-05-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Maynard has said from the beginning that members rotate in and out because they have other commitments. So I doubt he'd be upset. Plus he knows that NIN is a huge money maker for Josh (especially compared to Puscifer). So yeah I'm sure he's cool.
    Well, looks like Josh is able to attend after all. On today's AMA with Trent he said Josh is no longer in the 2014 NIN touring lineup. So that answers that.

In other news, I failed horribly to score any decent tickets. I wasn't aiming for the VIP package, I just wanted regular ticketmaster tickets but there is nothing but GARBAGE left. I had a pair of 2nd row balcony seats, which weren't terrible, put them in my cart and had 8 mins to checkout, Opened a new browser to see if I could do better while saving those. After 5+ mins of trying for better, kept getting worse so decided to just take the plunge and buy the balcony ones... However clicked "confirm purchase" and then got a "web page error" screen, and my order was lost. Couldn't get anything but nosebleeds at the very back after that.

Guess i'll try my luck with the regular sale tomorrow. But something tells me it's gonna say "no tickets available" right from the get-go based on what I heard about the VIP tickets today.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

My friend picked me up a copy of Bail Bonds today from the record store near her that had restocked their Black Friday exclusives.

The edition is very large (3,500) So I would expect that stores that had them and sold out restocked.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Puscifer

Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    My friend picked me up a copy of Bail Bonds today from the record store near her that had restocked their Black Friday exclusives.

The edition is very large (3,500) So I would expect that stores that had them and sold out restocked.
    So if I'm looking to sell a copy it's going to depreciate in value? Thanks a lot, Nardo.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Any one willing to send me a PM with an audio rip of 8 Ball Bail Bonds it would be highly appreciated...

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    It's a little bit infuriating that everywhere on What Is... they call that sexy Carina version of the song "Rev 20:20", because there's no verse 20 in chapter 20 of Revelations.