Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Comics!!!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Anyone read walking dead 100 yet?
    nope, but im planning to get it next week...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Saw this book the other day. It's only in German at present, but I think I might get it anyway...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I'm reading Prophet, and it's really brilliant and full of ideas. Very entertaining.

A friend also lent me King City, also by Brandon Graham. Very excited!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    In about two hours I'm heading up to Atlanta for DragonCon! I volunteer at the Walk of Fame (it's cool working with all the actors/celebrities, can't wait to meet Alice Cooper) but I'm always most excited about the comics showroom. I love it!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post

Saw this book the other day. It's only in German at present, but I think I might get it anyway...
    The kid with the cap reminds me of a cross between yu gi oh and the kid from the burger king kids club.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Old news but had to post it:

Stay Classy Rob!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Currently reading Gantz

And digging it a lot...

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

I just finished reading Vol.1 so I'll be starting on Vol.2 pretty soon here. KNIFE TO THE EYE! love the Goon.

I need to track down Vol.0 though I've only been checking these out from the library, when i get enough $$ I'll definitely be starting on trying to get as many as i can.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Just read this: enjoyable, but some parts of it were pretty far-fetched. Tezuka has a love for pulpy sex and violence murder mysteries that I don't always fully dig.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Anyone here reading Chew from Image Comics?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^I have the first number as the "Image Firsts" collection, i liked the art and the main idea but i just haven't checked it yet

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    oh man those "Death of the family" covers by Finch Capullo are awesome, im so glad they are bringing the joker back, i was a huge fan of "Night of the Owls"

By the way thanks to Orestes for fixin' my post i was thinking in Capullo but ended up typing Finch, lol
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 10-12-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Fucked up, lol

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Pretty Fuckin Sick!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    "When did I ever say I found you beautiful?" GAH.

Holy shit, Batman #13

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I havent read issue 13 yet, but i am not really digging the new joker, I think it is a bit out of character. Do they explain it in the issue?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Nope, the story arch doesn't conclude until February.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I havent read issue 13 yet, but i am not really digging the new joker, I think it is a bit out of character. Do they explain it in the issue?
    Back in Detective Comics no. 1 (The New 52 continuity) the Joker is seen in Arkham Asylum with a man called the Dollmaker, the Joker taunts him and tells him that he killed his son, the Dollmaker cuts off the skin of his face, we also find out that the Joker planned the whole thing to celebrate his "Rebirth"

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Batman vs. The Punisher... discuss.
    Pure curiousity as to the arguments. If both were set in the same world and went after each other for some reason, who would come out ahead? And I want details, not just "FUCKIN' BATARANGS!!!"

I post this because I was am currently dressed as The Punisher because I haven't gone to bed yet, Halloween and stuff. And it made me think of that Marvel vs. DC thing where (among others) they had Batman vs. Wolverine, which was weird. Really? Batman and Wolverine?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Batman vs. The Punisher... discuss.
    Pure curiousity as to the arguments. If both were set in the same world and went after each other for some reason, who would come out ahead? And I want details, not just "FUCKIN' BATARANGS!!!"
    There was 2 one shots showing this fight one with Bruce Wayne as Batman and the other one with "Batman-Azrael"

I think both are good reads but as many comic book fight it's too restricted and not a "last man standing match" like it should be, but i think Batman (as Bruce Wayne) would win this fight mostly because he's smarter and has many resources plus a he isn't as passionate as Frank Castle, still i think Frank can take Batman down if he gets some kind of emotional leverage on Batman, maybe commissioner Gordon.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Started reading this, but am underwhelmed: too lightweight/comedic. It's no Gantz, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post

Batman vs. Wolverine

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I gotta pick up a collected copy of Marvel's "Earth X". I remember waiting in agony for the next issue to come out, it was great.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The third installment of this saga isn't coming quick enough!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Has anyone here read 100 Bullets? I've been thinking about starting on this series.

Any good things to say about it?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Say what you want about Bendis, but this was one of the riskiest Marvel Now titles, and All-New X-Men is doing nothing but delivering the goods.

I was pretty skeptical about the premise and it could've easily gone far the other way but I really do like where they are going with it. Not too many of the other titles have grabbed me thus far, but I will be following this book for a while.

X-Men Legacy has also shown some solid potential in its first two issues.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Has anyone here read 100 Bullets? I've been thinking about starting on this series.Any good things to say about it?
    It's a good, "new reader friendly series" (you can start in Volume 2 and still get the plot since they are short stories...)The comic is good if you're into "mob", "drama", "pulp", "arty violence" kinda stories and Brian Azzarello is a great indie writer
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    Say what you want about Bendis, but this was one of the riskiest Marvel Now titles, and All-New X-Men is doing nothing but delivering the goods.I was pretty skeptical about the premise and it could've easily gone far the other way but I really do like where they are going with it. Not too many of the other titles have grabbed me thus far, but I will be following this book for a while.X-Men Legacy has also shown some solid potential in its first two issues.
    I haven't read the title but a friend of mine said to me it's: "Pretty good for considering Bendis standards"
    The main problem i have with him is his constant attempts of writing "hip" "shocking" stories without caring destroying a character in the process, i have no problem with his stuff in Ultimate Spider Man, but we have to admit "A VS X" was a terrible crossover...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 01-02-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    This news (Karen Berger leaves Vertigo) came out a couple days ago, and it made me really sad. I got into comics as an adult, reading Vertigo titles (Sandman most importantly), and they had a huge impact on my life.

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/b...t-in-2013.html

I had a chance to talk to her on the phone once. She reviewed and edited one of my scripts (didn't buy it, but she liked it) and gave me advice on my writing. She couldn't be nicer, and she was very generous.