Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Comics!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That was a crazy announcement. also, looking forward to the Vertigo refresh. feels very nex gen....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Some more info/dates trickling out for DC's Black Label.

Already have all 8 issues of Batman: White Knight but will still get the collected version...and fuck yes Batman: Damned has a date...Bermejo is one of my top 3 Batman artists of all time.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    GIVE THIS TO ME NOW.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    So, I wrote a horror anthology comic that is being solicited in Diamond Previews this month, and will be in book stores this November.

Link: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP181679

Think of it as a really bizarre version of The Twilight Zone I wouldn't be offended if you guys checked it out!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    GIVE THIS TO ME NOW.

Picked up both variant covers...fuck me this is so good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh shit! I didn't even hear about this! I still haven't read Fight Club 2. I honestly wasn't too excited for the series since it's not my favorite book of his. I still plan to check it out though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Meant to post this the other day but since I can't access from work I forgot about it.

There is a zero-percent chance this is even 50% faithful to the comics.

Karl Urban as Billy Butcher
    Elisabeth Shue as Madelyn Stillwell
    Erin Moriarty as Annie January / Starlight
    Antony Starr as The Homelander
    Dominique McElligott as Queen Maeve
    Jessie T. Usher as A-Train
    Chace Crawford as The Deep
    Nathan Mitchell as Black Noir
    Laz Alonso as Mother's Milk
    Jack Quaid as "Wee" Hughie Campbell
    Karen Fukuhara as Female
    Tomer Kapon as Frenchie
    It's too bad it's being made when Simon Pegg is too old to be Hughie.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm kind of surprised to not see this mentioned at all here (I might have just missed it), but Rob Sheridan's High Level comic is out and seems to be getting good reviews. I went to Comics Dungeon in Seattle today where he was doing a signing and picked up a copy, it was your usual awkward meet and greet bullshit, but he seemed like a pleasant fellow and the artwork looks great.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Just got around to reading High Level last night. I enjoyed it on the whole, though a couple of things didn't quite work for me. But it's certainly got potential and has me intrigued, so I'll definitely pick up #2.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    *looks around*

So... I've started to collect MacFarlane single issues again (Daredevil, Hulk, Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Spawn [1-25]). If any of you fine folk are interested in selling some, lemme know. My collection is small, and you would need to ship to Canada but I'm willing to pay fairly for good/very good condition books (I don't need mint, just not stained/sticky/torn/sun washed).

This is what I have now.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    *looks around*

So... I've started to collect MacFarlane single issues again (Daredevil, Hulk, Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Spawn [1-25]). If any of you fine folk are interested in selling some, lemme know. My collection is small, and you would need to ship to Canada but I'm willing to pay fairly for good/very good condition books (I don't need mint, just not stained/sticky/torn/sun washed).
    I do have a McFarlane signed SPAWN #1, i guess i could get rid of it, but take in account where i live, if you're interested PM me

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I do have a McFarlane signed SPAWN #1, i guess i could get rid of it, but take in account where i live, if you're interested PM me
    Thank you! Normally I'd try for it, but I don't really want to view this as an "investment" collection (it will be, by default... I mean, a first appearance of Venom can be pretty pricey), so I don't want to pick up signed or special variants... but if for some reason I can't find one that appeals to me, I'll keep you in mind (and as long as you think you can ship it safely 4500km north, I'd be happy to pay).

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Thank you! Normally I'd try for it, but I don't really want to view this as an "investment" collection (it will be, by default... I mean, a first appearance of Venom can be pretty pricey), so I don't want to pick up signed or special variants... but if for some reason I can't find one that appeals to me, I'll keep you in mind (and as long as you think you can ship it safely 4500km north, I'd be happy to pay).
    Fair enough, i have shipped to USA before via FedEx, but never to Canada (closest i done it's Seattle).
    You decide what you want in it, i'm no longer into Spawn anymore that's why i can live without it, if you change your mind let me know...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Not having many real comic shops when i grow up the only comic i really got into as a kid was the Sonic Comic...no not the archie ones, the UK ones. They were pretty great, i had over 100 issues, and the story got a bit dark towards the end of it's run (it ended in the early 2000's as UK comics just didn't sell well) they followed the games as they came out and followed the original origin story (Sonic was a regular brown hedgehog that, during an experiment with Dr Ivon Kintobor and the chaos emeralds was transformed into the blue Speedster, and the Dr was fused with a rotten egg to become Dr Robotnik. Sonic was still a freedom fighter but some differences were there, like Super Sonic wasn't a power up for Sonic from the emeralds but an alternative personally that awakened in extreme stress and was pretty fucking insane. In his first appearance he nearly killed tails! He eventually got separated from Sonic in a storyline that trapped Sonic in the world from the cancelled Knuckle Chaotix game.

Obviously this all changed when i got a job in London when i was 17 and found actual comic shops...i had some catching up to do!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm just waiting on a "Heavy Metal 'Mag' " reboot.

I'm still missing my Seductress Halloween Horror issue featuring the likeness of one "Aria Giovanni".

At the moment I only have a special edition of Deadpool, an issue of Dead Presidents. Also an issue of 100 bullets.

And I am "In the process" of making two of my own projects, one a comic, another a graphic novel.

I am also considering something new,

but a tried and tested method I read via a semi-biographical "The Long hard road out of hell"

(I guess that also pays some inherent note/tribute to Hunter S. Thompson)

But alas, maybe I should get really loaded to watch "The Life of Brian" if I'm into the whole, correlation thing. Fucc, TPOTC could be a laugh.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So... didj'all see this?

The War of the Worlds Illustrated?

Gonna pick up a copy for my beloved, her favourite H.G. Wells story.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    25 years today...

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    25 years today...
    I can proudly say i own a signed copy of that masterpiece!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Me too! I've been a Crow fanatic to the point of multiple copies...shit I've even got the Caliber Christmas and first appearance, both signed and unsigned lol.

Oh, and also this...

Last edited by october_midnight; 03-30-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh, and double post for anyone interested...not sure if anyone buys Rucking Fotten shirts (you should, I just got his Kill Bill set and it's nuts) but on May 11 he's putting up preorders for this bad boy:

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Holy shit, that t Shirt is sick! @october_midnight !

J.O'Barr had to be one of the coolest nicest guys i've ever met at a convention, we talked about Joy Division, NIN and the soundtrack! he even gave me some free prints! awesome guy!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Holy shit, that t Shirt is sick! @october_midnight !

J.O'Barr had to be one of the coolest nicest guys i've ever met at a convention, we talked about Joy Division, NIN and the soundtrack! he even gave me some free prints! awesome guy!
    Oh man, I'm jealous. All of my signed stuff was either purchased online or at a con, I've ever met O'Barr... even worse, he had a quasi-official site back in the day at: https://jamesobarr.typepad.com/ that you can see hasn't been updated in like 7 years. His buddy ran it for him...gave updates, appearances, but also where you could request and pay for commissions and he'd do them and mail them to you. I had the coolest idea for a Crow piece, so I described it in an email but the reply I got was along the lines of 'hate to tell you, but you're officially the first to hear this...James won't be doing commissions anymore via the site, only at appearances.' Dammit!!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Oh man, I'm jealous. All of my signed stuff was either purchased online or at a con, I've ever met O'Barr... even worse, he had a quasi-official site back in the day at: https://jamesobarr.typepad.com/ that you can see hasn't been updated in like 7 years. His buddy ran it for him...gave updates, appearances, but also where you could request and pay for commissions and he'd do them and mail them to you. I had the coolest idea for a Crow piece, so I described it in an email but the reply I got was along the lines of 'hate to tell you, but you're officially the first to hear this...James won't be doing commissions anymore via the site, only at appearances.' Dammit!!
    Bummer, i would love a commision, but i don't believe he was making them that time...

I was nervous to meet him; i thought the guy was super "gloomy" and serious... nothing further from the truth! dude saw my "Unknown Pleasures" T-Shirt and right away said "nice shirt!", right away we broke the ice.
    He was super nice with me and my GF we spoke about The Crow soundtrack and told that Peter Hook once called him to thank him for introducing Joy Division in America.
    I bought a print that is the inside art from the Crow comic he signed it along with my Crow TPB and then he talked about an "upcoming" project he had called "Sundown" (to my knowledge he hasn't released it...), he showed me original art of it and some prints, he told me "you can have one of those", i was mindblown!

So cool because i got to talk to him for easily 20 minutes (i arrived very early and he had no people in his booth), it was easily one of the beast experiences of my life, my GF even had to wait for me to compose myself! Not trying to sound presumptuous, i think its worth sharing!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow, amazing story! Jeeeeeaaaaalous lol.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Strange morning here... Someone is purging their apartment in our building (I've been fishing great CDs and books out of the trash for the last few weeks), and today I found these gems dumped in the trash room:

Yes, among the other comics, it's the ENTIRE run of Transmetropolitan in the garbage. Jesus Crhist!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    AND​ Dig Dug? Insanity.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    The Transmetropolitan collection alone was worth getting your hands dirty ...maybe the guy was a terrorist? Punisher, Deadpool and some old Atari games? i can see him blowing up a building :P