Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Episodes 17 and 18:

-If I ever meet Ray Wise, I need to shake his hand vigorously. That was one hell of a performance; terrifying and heartbreaking. What a great conclusion to the main plotline.

-I can tell by E18 that this is where the show starts taking a dip in quality. Still watchable though.

-Also, that's the most hilariously unconvincing Mountie I've ever seen. As a Quebec resident, it is beyond hilarious to me that somewhere just across the border up north of Washington, in British Columbia, apparently lies a hidden township completely full of morally questionable Quebecois with the worst accents I've ever heard.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 01-23-2017 at 01:02 PM. Reason: O Canada

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @NYRexall and @eversonpoe but you two didn't answer me.
    i read the book while we were in the midst of our rewatch. i don't think it matters what order you do it in, honestly. but it definitely is giving me a new perspective on certain events that are occurring (we're just behind Shadaloo).

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @NYRexall and @eversonpoe but you two didn't answer me.
    I definitely think it helps to read it after you've finished the second season and the movie. There are things that happen at the end of the initial episodes and in the film that get tied together in the book. If you read it before finishing everything, you'd be getting some pretty big spoilers

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I definitely think it helps to read it after you've finished the second season and the movie. There are things that happen at the end of the initial episodes and in the film that get tied together in the book. If you read it before finishing everything, you'd be getting some pretty big spoilers
    oh, don't get me wrong.
    I've seen the second season and FWWM. It's just that it's BEEN awhile.
    I'm trying to figure out if i need to REWATCH the show before i finish the book.

I wouldn't have bought the book if i didn't love the show.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-24-2017 at 06:05 AM.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Have finished Episode 22.

I can tell Lynch and Frost have not been involved for a few episodes now: holy shit this is bad. Painfully, painfully, hard-to-watch bad. All of these subplots are ridiculous, people are acting painfully out of character, and the show's turned into a poorly edited directionless mess. The only things going on of remote interest are the whole lodge/coverup angle, Windom Earle, and Leo. Everything else...little Nicky, the sex witch (???), James vs. the cougar, Bobby the suckup, Ben Horne's promising descent into madness becoming cartoonish and silly, the Packard intrigue...the show has become the soap opera/bad sitcom it subverted and it's baaaaad.

Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to even give James his own plotline anyway? Even during the best of the show's episodes, he and Donna lost relevance really early on and just became annoying and irritating quick. Nothing would be lost if they both just vanished right now.

Ugh, I know the show gets good again soon but....CHRIST MY BRAIN.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to even give James his own plotline anyway? Even during the best of the show's episodes, he and Donna lost relevance really early on and just became annoying and irritating quick. Nothing would be lost if they both just vanished right now.

Holy crap, those James episodes are bad. We're on a rewatch right now as well and every time he is on screen, I cringe a little in anticipation of what is to come.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Have finished Episode 22.

I can tell Lynch and Frost have not been involved for a few episodes now: holy shit this is bad. Painfully, painfully, hard-to-watch bad. All of these subplots are ridiculous, people are acting painfully out of character, and the show's turned into a poorly edited directionless mess. The only things going on of remote interest are the whole lodge/coverup angle, Windom Earle, and Leo. Everything else...little Nicky, the sex witch (???), James vs. the cougar, Bobby the suckup, Ben Horne's promising descent into madness becoming cartoonish and silly, the Packard intrigue...the show has become the soap opera/bad sitcom it subverted and it's baaaaad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post
    Holy crap, those James episodes are bad. We're on a rewatch right now as well and every time he is on screen, I cringe a little in anticipation of what is to come.
    my wife and i always go "UGHHHHHH JAMES!" because he sucks so much.

don't remember which one it is, but one of the james-centric episodes was directed by Diane Keaton, which always makes me laugh.

last night we watched the episode with one of my favorite lines from anyone, but definitely from Andy - "I'm a whole damn TOWN!"

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Anyone else manage to grab a copy of the Fire Walk With Me vinyl from the Mondo sale this morning?

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Anyone else manage to grab a copy of the Fire Walk With Me vinyl from the Mondo sale this morning?
    i set a reminder on my phone because i knew i'd be out working...and my phone didn't remind me. thankfully, when i got back to my parents' a few minutes ago (almost 4pm CST), my computer reminded me, and they weren't sold out. i don't think they're doing super limited runs like they do with certain things.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm currently re-watching the first season from the marathon Showtime did as I've seen all of the episodes up till the reveal of Laura's real killer in the 2nd season. I haven't gone to Episode 16 yet which I will get to as I'm kind of dreading those non-Lynch episodes.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Finished the book.. I read it over the course of maybe 2-3 sessions and overall I enjoyed it, though it did drag at times. I wonder how much, if any, of this was derived from Frost's notes when they were creating/writing the original show vs created post hoc to serve as a bridge between seasons 1/2 and season 3.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    After a few weeks' hiatus due to construction work and general business, we finally sat down last night and watched through to Ep. 26. The show recovers; some very good moments like the recent major character death. There's a great sense of trimming the fat; I'm really glad we seem to now be done with Hank and especially James. Some cringeworthy stuff still, like Billy Zane's dead-eyed character and that awful fashion show "weasel riot", but on the whole it's good so see a lot of familiar elements come back to the fore along with some interesting developments; Lucy and Andy seem like themselves again, and Ben Horne's environmentalist angle is played convincingly enough I do have to ask myself if he's being sincere. Coop's chemistry with Annie is actually kind of sweet, and it's great to see Lynch back as Gordon Cole

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    For anyone that has Showtime, a marathon of the second season is coming in less than a week. I've only seen everything up to episode 15 in that season so far as I'm ready to return to the episodes I saw and then go into the period where I heard things went off the rails.

Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    all of you who hated aspects of season 2, my wife and i didn't dislike any of it.
    Maybe i will dislike it upon rewatch though. Who knows?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Fire Walk With Me is available to watch on Showtime now. So is Lost Highway.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    It took another month, but we finally sat down last night and finished the final two episodes.

Just...holy shit, what an ending. My heart aches for those who watched the finale way back and have been tormented by that fucking cliffhanger ever since. That was intense and incredibly surreal.

I'm really, really glad I picked up the Secret History book and can really start diving in now. We'll watch Fire Walk With Me soon, I trust there's not too much about that film the book can spoil (I hope)
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 03-20-2017 at 10:43 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    It took another month, but we finally sat down last night and finished the final two episodes.

Just...holy shit, what an ending. My heart aches for those who watched the finale way back and have been tormented by that fucking cliffhanger ever since. That was intense and incredibly surreal.

I'm really, really glad I picked up the Secret History book and can really start diving in now. We'll watch Fire Walk With Me soon, I trust there's not too much about that film the book can spoil (I hope)
    watch the film, then read the book. that's my advice. can't remember if there are extreme spoilers or anything but i would do them in the order they were released, personally.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Wow. James looks...serious. :O

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    saw that on welcome to twin peaks last week and LOST IT laughing

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Is there any way to watch The Missing Pieces without having to buy the complete set?

Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Is there any way to watch The Missing Pieces without having to buy the complete set?
    well yeah. um...ahem...

Actually, i AM allowed to talk about this: get a plex account, it's free, and tell me the name of your account and i can send you an invite so you can watch it from my library.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    surprised nothing has come out more about Trent's involvement with the new series. I keep checking back here in this thread expecting to see that.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    surprised nothing has come out more about Trent's involvement with the new series. I keep checking back here in this thread expecting to see that.
    well, very little about the new series is known. i'm sure as soon as anything is revealed, this thread and nin spotting are gonna blow up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Funny that you guys bumped this thread, I just started re-watching the series yesterday. Last time was probably a decade ago....

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Just bought the new BluRay release and it's beautifully made. Started rewatching also!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Way late to the party, perhaps the most interesting TV show I've ever experienced. Just finished the original series & Fire Walk With Me. I'd really like to get my hands on Mark Frost's book & The Missing Pieces

One month left to binge again before the new series starts up !!