Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1259

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Hey y'all, I have a topic for discussion.
    Do you guys want more twin peaks or do you fear it will go sideways?
    And if you do want more of it, what would you like to see?

As for me, I want more but I'm also scared it won't go down right.
    A couple more movies would be nice, and they could be Showtime originals or something. I think it would be great to see Kiefer Sutherland and Chris Isaak back again, and I also think that Michael Shannon was born to play a part in Twin Peaks.
    I think that we have to have a reasonable expectation that more Twin Peaks equals a resolution to what we saw at the end of the third season and that we'll be left with a new mystery and ending point that won't resolve itself if there's another season. I don't see Twin Peaks as now being something that has an ending unless we, the audience, give it one. It might have been the original intention when the show was first being produced to give it an ending, but now, I think it just keeps going and going.

I'm personally torn on wanting more. I enjoyed getting to fill in the gaps on my own to see if they'd pay off or not, but also enjoyed being able to speculate on other things and not have to feel like there's anything invalidating about that speculation. I leave it in Lynch and Frost's hands on if they want to do more. I'm along for the ride either way.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm a little baffled that anyone thought Twin Peaks could have been a show where everything got tied up in a neat little bow. I'd love more Twin Peaks. I want my eyes to go wow and my brain to go WTF.

I'm not sure it has to be a TV show though. A "make your own adventure" book (though done with way more care than The Final Dossier" or a video game would be interesting.

Or some kind of Official Merchandise acid I can drop.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I'm a little baffled that anyone thought Twin Peaks could have been a show where everything got tied up in a neat little bow. I'd love more Twin Peaks. I want my eyes to go wow and my brain to go WTF.

I'm not sure it has to be a TV show though. A "make your own adventure" book (though done with way more care than The Final Dossier" or a video game would be interesting.

Or some kind of Official Merchandise acid I can drop.
    yeah I feel you. To me, Twin Peaks is more about surrealism and style than plot, ultimately. And I certainly don't think it ends.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I am always, always up for another slice of cherry pie.

It felt like we were leaving the town with such finality though. I'm open to it, but would it really be Twin Peaks if we left Twin Peaks?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    As i said in earlier pages i would love to see a follow up, i think Lynch still have lots of things to say and the series ended up as his platform for experimenting and continuing his growth as an artist.

Of course he can do another film, but i think the "series format" fit his current work better.

So: yes, i'm up for a new TP as long as Lynch is directing again.
    If either Lynch or Frosh aren't available, i'll say: let it die...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 02-27-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd be all for another run. But it has to be right for Lynch and Frost. If they decide not to, I'm fine with that as well. They tied up a bunch of loose ends. I don't need to do another one. But I wouldn't complain if they did. Especially if it's anything like the last ran. I just say take your time to lynch. If it's not coming together, don't do it.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    It's perfect the way they left it. Reinvented television in the 90s, then returned 25 years later to turn everything on its head again. Don't monkey with it any further.

Funny because everyone shits on the James-Evelyn Marsh storyline, but I'd take that over Civil War Ben, Little Nicky or Super Nadine any day. At least James and Evelyn had remote Twin Peaks-ish vibes going for it..

But if they do end up bringing it back, they definitely need to include Moira Kelly, Chris Isaak and Kiefer next time. Also, more Teakettle Phillip Jeffries, please..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hmm it's a tough one.

I'd certainly be keen to see more, as long it's all exactly as Frost and Lynch want it to be. I can't imagine where you'd start though, after that ending. I like the idea of returning to some different characters - whether that's Donna or Josie, or Chester and Sam. I'd also like to see more of Audrey, and that plot strand could be interesting to pick up. I can imagine maybe some stand alone episodes covering different characters rather than a whole new series - I don't think what we've seen for Series 3 can be repeated now - it has to be kept fresh.

I won't hold my breath then, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if David decides to do something else Twin Peaks related.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Funny because everyone shits on the James-Evelyn Marsh storyline, but I'd take that over Civil War Ben, Little Nicky or Super Nadine any day. At least James and Evelyn had remote Twin Peaks-ish vibes going for it..
    I like the "Evelyn" story line and i agree that is very "Twin Peak-ish".

In a way Evelyn is another "Laura Palmer", the point of that story shows how even running away, James will always find and fall for Laura...

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    It amazes me how awesome Fire Walk With Me is, even if it's lights-out dark with an ending that's as depressing as it gets. But fascinating how it precedes the events of the first two seasons, yet is pretty crucial (along with the Secret History book) to understanding some of the major elements of the 3rd season..

One of my favorite scenes in the whole series is actually one of the Missing Pieces, when Norma and Ed are drunk in the truck, holding each other and listening to the radio. It exemplifies their whole storyline perfectly in just two minutes..

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Perfection

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I like "The Return" parody better:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Twin Peaks - Spoilers

couldn't see this already reported:

Rest In Peace, Pamela Gidley (1965-2018)

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/actors...ley-1965-2018/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by [parasite]; 04-23-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Kyle MacLachlan Reveals Dale Cooper Was “A Little More Present” In The Script, Explains His Take On Season 3’s Ending In A Simple Hand Movement

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/actors...cooper-script/

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    Kyle MacLachlan Reveals Dale Cooper Was “A Little More Present” In The Script, Explains His Take On Season 3’s Ending In A Simple Hand Movement

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/actors...cooper-script/

I watched this, and i wonder: do you guys have any idea what he might have meant about Cooper being more present earlier in the series?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I watched this, and i wonder: do you guys have any idea what he might have meant about Cooper being more present earlier in the series?
    i think that he means cooper was going to "wake up" earlier in the timeline.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i think that he means cooper was going to "wake up" earlier in the timeline.
    and that's very possible. that's probably all there is to it.

maybe i'm reading too much into it, BUT: i wondered if he meant that Cooper was somehow affecting events; that he was perhaps "present" in a different way, and it was originally going to be made clear.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Twin Peaks - Spoilers

oops wrong thread....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Last edited by [parasite]; 05-11-2018 at 07:28 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Backed! This looks like fun and Catherine's story has always fascinated me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Twin Peaks - Spoilers

pretty cool!

For Your Consideration: A Look Inside Showtime’s Twin Peaks Emmy 2018 Screener

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/t...2018-screener/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    With this bump, might as well mention that Johnny Jewel released "Themes For Television" which has music he made for Twin Peaks but was unused. It's streaming on spotify and Apple Music now

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    With this bump, might as well mention that Johnny Jewel released "Themes For Television" which has music he made for Twin Peaks but was unused. It's streaming on spotify and Apple Music now
    supposedly you can order the vinyl from http://italiansdoitbetter.com/ but fuck it's basically a shitty tumblr and none of the links are properly parsed so i can't figure out how to do it?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    supposedly you can order the vinyl from http://italiansdoitbetter.com/ but fuck it's basically a shitty tumblr and none of the links are properly parsed so i can't figure out how to do it?
    Cherry Pie 2xLP

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    They also have a discogs shop. The site is visually pleasing but utterly nonfunctional lol

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Their site is clunky but I can back their label up as reliable, they were doing giveaways of damaged/imperfect pressings that were still playable for a bit and I somehow managed to win one. They sent me the record they mentioned and it was seriously in pristine condition, no crushed corners even, along with 2 other LPs, a ton of posters (including one of Laura Palmer) and CDs.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Uninterrupted Marathon Announced of Season 3

https://pitchfork.com/news/twin-peak...hon-announced/

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I just want to put forward that every time David puts out a new project I find like three new bands or artists to love. I came into this series jonzing for more Angelo Badalamenti and I came away into Johnny Jewel and Chromatics.