Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37
Results 1,081 to 1,084 of 1084

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Just a quick question though: during the title sequence, there is a round rainbow moving from right to left across the screen (at one point, it sits just around Laura's right eye). Was this in the original series title sequence too?
    no, the original title sequence was completely different

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/d...s-david-bowie/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    This is very very good. And it makes a lot of sense.

There are a couple of ideas (or theories) I had that are explained and expended in this essay. First: the Laura Palmer orb in episode 8; I've always felt that Laura was a sacrificial lamb/bait and not a force of good to balance out the force of evil that the orb BOB was.

Second: I wrote right after the finally aired that I thought the ouroboros was a major theme in the series but while watching it, I felt that it was a mix of ouroboros and of the Mobius Strip. I felt that the "starting point" of the cycle was her death and that there is no escaping that. In the final episode, when she screams, I thought that it was because she remembered her death and that it brought her and Cooper back to the "original" timeline. That essay does give a much better explanation though.

Some fun stuff I noticed in the series about the cyclistic theme: the round rainbow in the title sequence, "Is it the future or is it past?", "I am dead yet I live", the Log Lady telling Hawk that "the circle is almost complete" etc.

The number 8: the sign that represents Judy transforms into this number; when EvilCoop goes to see Jeffries (in the room above the gas station), Jeffries' room number is 8; Freddie is in cell 8; The Palmers' address (708); heck, the whole episode 8 and while I'm at it: the name BOB itself: 808.

I'm sure I've missed some too.