Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

I know that, save for Naomi Watts, this has little to do with Twin Peaks, but sweet christ this is still one of the most powerful things I've ever heard in a movie or even life itself. My axis literally shifts every time I hear it..

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post

I know that, save for Naomi Watts, this has little to do with Twin Peaks, but sweet christ this is still one of the most powerful things I've ever heard in a movie or even life itself. My axis literally shifts every time I hear it..
    I cry during that scene too.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So are the old books worth a read? Coop's autobiography ( @icklekitty ?)
    What about Laura's Secret Diary? Has anyone read that one? I hear there's an audiobook version performed by Sheryl Lee.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've read secret history, coop's diary, and Laura's diary. Laura's one you probably know everything but it's quite short. I haven't read the final dossier but I haven't seen anyone reference it yet. Secret history is a must.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you can't find a copy of The Autobiography of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes. You can read it here http://glastonberrygrove.net/texts/coopbio.html

The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer is also available to read on the site.
    Last edited by quietime; 06-17-2017 at 07:30 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I read and adored Secret History; actually read most of it twice.
    And I will read the Final Dossier as soon as it comes out (on Halloween.) I was wondering what you guys thought of the old ones though. Some people have said they were great while others called them a shameless cash grab. :\

And what about "Diane..." The Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Cooper? "
    It was originally cassette only but I THINK I saw it for sale as an mp3 or something.

Edit: Yes, they did release The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer in an audio format with Sheryl Lee reading it last month; i'm gonna nab that.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-17-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    If you can't find a copy of The Autobiography of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes. You can read it here http://glastonberrygrove.net/texts/coopbio.html

The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer is also available to read on the site.
    The PDF version this person made seems to be better because it's in order, whereas the one on glastonberrygrove is out of order, for some reason
    http://leesmillard.com/2014/11/20/da...ography-ibook/

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    And here this is:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I've read secret history, coop's diary, and Laura's diary. Laura's one you probably know everything but it's quite short. I haven't read the final dossier but I haven't seen anyone reference it yet. Secret history is a must.
    final dossier comes out in october, i believe, so i'm guessing no one has read it yet.

had no idea there was an autobiography of coop.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    So, I am all caught up with the entire show (After basically binge watching the entire series) and I am still lost . The new season seems to go off the rails as far as the horror and imagery are concerned, but it still feels Twin Peaks for sure. I had to go back and watch the last two episodes of season 2 since I started to fall asleep and man, that last episode was friggin' nuts. From researching the series, there seems to be some stuff to check out like Fire Walk With Me, and the diary's that I just read about above. Is there anything crucial that happens in the movie or anything that is read from the diary's that effect the story in any way?? Point me in the right direction.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    So, I am all caught up with the entire show (After basically binge watching the entire series) and I am still lost . The new season seems to go off the rails as far as the horror and imagery are concerned, but it still feels Twin Peaks for sure. I had to go back and watch the last two episodes of season 2 since I started to fall asleep and man, that last episode was friggin' nuts. From researching the series, there seems to be some stuff to check out like Fire Walk With Me, and the diary's that I just read about above. Is there anything crucial that happens in the movie or anything that is read from the diary's that effect the story in any way?? Point me in the right direction.
    I'd suggest watching FWWM since David Lynch said it was important to the new season. It introduces the ring, agent desmond, and agent jeffries.

People are split on the film, but it's personally my favorite David Lynch film. It's probably his darkest movie. Ray Wise, Sheryl Lee & Al Strobel are amazing in it. Plus it's probably got Angelo Badalamenti at his best with the otherworldly score.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I'd suggest watching FWWM since David Lynch said it was important to the new season. It introduces the ring, agent desmond, and agent jeffries.

People are split on the film, but it's personally my favorite David Lynch film. It's probably his darkest movie. Ray Wise, Sheryl Lee & Al Strobel are amazing in it. Plus it's probably got Angelo Badalamenti at his best with the otherworldly score.
    I would also add The Missing Pieces to that, and i think it's fairly important to read "The Secret History..."
    The book may not be ESSENTIAL, but it's certainly enrichment.

The Missing Pieces felt like finding a bunch of hidden songs on an album you love.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-18-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I would also add The Missing Pieces to that, and i think it's fairly important to read "The Secret History..."
    The book may not be ESSENTIAL, but it's certainly enrichment.

The Missing Pieces felt like finding a bunch of hidden songs on an album you love.
    you should absolutely watch the film (and the missing pieces...there's a version mentioned earlier in the thread that incorporates them into the movie, but that makes it a single, nearly four hour experience) before you start the new series.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So i was looking around for Twin Peaks youtube content today, looking for something like an in-depth "previously on..." type of thing for the new series and i found this guy called Pete Peppers who does a fairly good job of jogging my memory.

It works for me. Here's the recap from last week if you guys are interested in such a thing
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-18-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The hardest thing to understand in this series so far is what is going on with that weird-as-shit wig that Laura Dern is wearing

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    First thing I think of is the "blue rose" girl in FWWM. Related?

The decision to play "Green Onions" uninterrupted was perfect.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Man i love Twin Peaks and David Lynch but sometimes especially in the latest episode... did we really have to spend so much time watching a dude sweep a fucking floor while Renault waits for a phone call? I don't think i can give it a pass this time, that was some straight up padded horse crap. Look I'm pretty patient, i dig some slow burn and I have just been happy to see the show back after so long period and i get it.. Lynch is gonna Lynch whether we like it or not and this is like an 18 hour movie but come the hell on, lets pick up the pace a bit especially if this is all we're going to get.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    The sweeping aside, this episode was packed with plot advancement. Last week's left me feeling antsy, but this week was Spoiler:
    chock full of instances of Coop slowly coming back to himself, another glimpse of the brown lumberjack from the prison cell, Ben getting the key, and the awful, awful implication that Doppelcoop raped Diane, and very possibly Audrey as well - hence Richard Horne.

On a brighter note: Karate chop to the fucking throat FTW!!!! SQUEEZE HIS HAND OFF!!!!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I think there was something hidden in backwards words.

And I'm with @Shadaloo ; there was a LOT of shit in this episode, far more than in any other so far.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-19-2017 at 03:42 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    From researching the series, there seems to be some stuff to check out like Fire Walk With Me, and the diary's that I just read about above. Is there anything crucial that happens in the movie or anything that is read from the diary's that effect the story in any way?? Point me in the right direction.
    Judging by last week's episode and the first five minutes of the new one, defo watch FWWM. The Missing Pieces, too.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    The sweeping aside, this episode was packed with plot advancement[/SPOILER]
    Fully agree; this episode zoomed along and the sweeping scene ended up having really anxious purpose.

It was great seeing Coop snap back into action momentarily, and I am completely in love with everything Diane. It was a yrev good episode.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Spoiler: that sound that Ben & Beverly heard is definitely reminiscent of the sound the arm made when he rubbed his hands together in the original series. It also happened at other moments in the series, like when the giant appeared to Cooper to let him know another murder was happening, or when Earle was taking Annie into the Lodge.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Fully agree; this episode zoomed along and the sweeping scene ended up having really anxious purpose.

It was great seeing Coop snap back into action momentarily, and I am completely in love with everything Diane. It was a yrev good episode.
    yeah it played like the conclusion of the first and beginning of the second act of a movie. This was my favorite episode since the first one; it's really hitting its stride

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Also I don't know if there was any significance to Gordon's whistling but I really want to mix it with that one Rammstein song.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Watching this season without having seen Fire Walk With Me would be an absolute struggle -- I had never actually seen it until the day before the premiere of this season and made a point to make sure I had, and I'd say it and the finale of season 2 are by far the most important things to have preexisting familiarity with to understand what's going on and what's driving the plot here forward. It's a shame how many people I could see having only seen the show thanks to Netflix and not even knowing about FWWM trying to follow this.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I really hope that the opening scene isn't foreshadowing anything happening to Jerry. I just want that opening scene to stand on its own, he just shows up fine later and this is never brought up again. It will stand as one of the series' funnier moments.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    After Cole said what he said about the word and the finger, I kept pausing the episode to count on my hand other phrases that were said and try saying certain words backwards.
    Today I have a funny feeling I was reading too much into it

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    My only concern with the new season so far, is I hope the returning characters have more of a point to their involvement than just the nostalgia factor. We've yet to see Ed Hurley or Audrey, unless one or both pop up in the 7th episode, which I haven't seen yet. Ben and Jerry Horne have been onscreen for all of two minutes. Others like Laura, Shelley and One-armed Mike are being used to good effect so far.

The new characters have been ace, as well. Balt Getty's Red character reminded me of a cooler -- but just as menacing -- Frank Booth in episode six. Richard Horne is gloriously unhinged, Amanda Seyfried's character should be promising, and Matthew Lilliard has been great in his scenes, too.

I just hope some kind of light is shed on what happened to Chris Isaak's character in FWWM. I wouldn't think that guy would be too hard to talk into returning for at least a cameo appearance to expand upon his character's story arc. The same with Keifer's role.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    My only concern with the new season so far, is I hope the returning characters have more of a point to their involvement than just the nostalgia factor.
    Yeah i get the feeling that a lot of them are just gonna be glorified cameos

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    She did write it in her diary after all!!!!