Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So, I'm assuming Chris Isaak is returning?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Seems pretty dumb for Showtime (especially) and Netflix not to include FWWM. It's bugging me lol.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I'm in as I begin binge watching two seasons.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Or be like me and buy the entire mystery blu-ray boxset and you'll have both seasons, the film and lots of cool extras? It's a win and one of my favorite blu-ray sets, even now almost 2 and a half years after I got it in 2014.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Seems pretty dumb for Showtime (especially) and Netflix not to include FWWM. It's bugging me lol.
    There's probably some rights issues when it comes to FWWM being streamed

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i started reading "the secret history..." yesterday and finished it today. i don't know if i've ever read a book like that quite that quickly. it was fucking fantastic. also thoroughly enjoying my re-watch of the series with my wife. we started season 2 today.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Just finished the Season 2 opener. Man, that feeling you get when you watch certain scenes and you know David directed this one. Seeing the giant brought back memories, this is one of the ones I watched as a kid.

That opening scene with the senile room service guy had us in stitches.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I knew you'd blow through it once you started reading

How long did it take you to figure out who The Archivist was?
    i had a theory early on about who it was, but i was wrong. once i realized (via a handwriting sample) that i was wrong, i started paying more attention to the way things were worded and realized there's only one person in the town who speaks like that. it was such a fun read.

also, i don't know if you've watched gravity falls, but i was imagining the agent analyzing the dossier as Tyrone Pines (Dipper's first clone from the "double dipper" episode) given the initials haha. it made it fun to read the annotations in his voice. it was cool learning who it was at the end and i'm hoping that person is a part of the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Just finished the Season 2 opener. Man, that feeling you get when you watch certain scenes and you know David directed this one. Seeing the giant brought back memories, this is one of the ones I watched as a kid.

That opening scene with the senile room service guy had us in stitches.
    the first time i watched through the series, i was FLIPPING OUT during that scene because i was so worried about cooper. this time, i was cracking up. also, current mood (been immobile for almost 36 hours because of a neck/shoulder injury i sustained yesterday morning) -

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER sorry you can't put an image behind a spoiler tag

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Have hit episode 11. Things are kind of meandering a bit. I'm a bit disappointed in how shallow Lucy comes across now (her reasons for being upset with Andy) and how just fucking unlikeable Donna is becoming. And that little scene with James playing guitar.....ugh, painful.

Still, interesting things happening with Leland, the One-Armed Man and the net narrowing in around Bob.

Also I admire just how creepy they can get a relatively ordinary-looking guy to come across with just the right types of camera work and audio trickery.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Miguel Ferrer passed away. Fuuuck

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/mig...bfcL&ocid=iehp

Rest easy, Albert..
    literally watched this episode last night

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    One of Albert's best scenes on the show to date

He died of cancer. Was he able to film his scenes for the new season, does anyone know?
    fairly certain he was involved in the new season.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    You guys convinced me to get the secret history book. About half way through and generally enjoying it. Definitely a lot of "wait, is that real? *wikipedia* huh, I guess it is"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Finished Episode 15 and 16 just now. Spoiler alerts even though I'm still not naming names.

Spoiler: Knowing how Lynch works and the themes he explores, I can't say I didn't see the recent death coming. And my suspicions were right about the killer...unfortunately. There was....a lot of debatably sexual imagery going on nearly from the very start where that character was concerned. I appreciate that we haven't dwelled on the implications in an expository fashion and hope we don't. It's worse if they leave you to think about it. Ugh.

What a punch to the gut 15 was.

"Tojamura" is goddamned hilarious. My SO called it from the first scene. And I'm laughing at Ben Horne's current misfortunes.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Yes, I've never seen it. And I was afraid of that, having heard that it's something of a harsher watch more in line with Dave's subsequent films. Oh,man.

On a brighter note, Hawk is one of the best parts of this show. "Some of my best friends are white people."
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 01-21-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i started reading "the secret history..." yesterday and finished it today. i don't know if i've ever read a book like that quite that quickly. it was fucking fantastic. also thoroughly enjoying my re-watch of the series with my wife. we started season 2 today.
    But here is my problem.
    Once i got to the part about Josie, i felt suddenly like i really needed to rewatch the show to get the most out of the book.
    Do i NOT need to rewatch it?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    But here is my problem.
    Once i got to the part about Josie, i felt suddenly like i really needed to rewatch the show to get the most out of the book.
    Do i NOT need to rewatch it?
    i mean, why not re-watch the show in preparation for the new season? it's great and it's not that long!
    @Shadaloo that is, hands down, my favorite line of the entire show. hawk is great, and there's a part in the book written from his perspective that is just fucking fantastic.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i mean, why not re-watch the show in preparation for the new season? it's great and it's not that long!
    @Shadaloo that is, hands down, my favorite line of the entire show. hawk is great, and there's a part in the book written from his perspective that is just fucking fantastic.
    i fully intend on doing that, but do i need to do it BEFORE i finish the book?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @NYRexall and @eversonpoe but you two didn't answer me.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Episodes 17 and 18:

-If I ever meet Ray Wise, I need to shake his hand vigorously. That was one hell of a performance; terrifying and heartbreaking. What a great conclusion to the main plotline.

-I can tell by E18 that this is where the show starts taking a dip in quality. Still watchable though.

-Also, that's the most hilariously unconvincing Mountie I've ever seen. As a Quebec resident, it is beyond hilarious to me that somewhere just across the border up north of Washington, in British Columbia, apparently lies a hidden township completely full of morally questionable Quebecois with the worst accents I've ever heard.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 01-23-2017 at 12:02 PM. Reason: O Canada

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @NYRexall and @eversonpoe but you two didn't answer me.
    i read the book while we were in the midst of our rewatch. i don't think it matters what order you do it in, honestly. but it definitely is giving me a new perspective on certain events that are occurring (we're just behind Shadaloo).

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I definitely think it helps to read it after you've finished the second season and the movie. There are things that happen at the end of the initial episodes and in the film that get tied together in the book. If you read it before finishing everything, you'd be getting some pretty big spoilers
    oh, don't get me wrong.
    I've seen the second season and FWWM. It's just that it's BEEN awhile.
    I'm trying to figure out if i need to REWATCH the show before i finish the book.

I wouldn't have bought the book if i didn't love the show.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-24-2017 at 05:05 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Have finished Episode 22.

I can tell Lynch and Frost have not been involved for a few episodes now: holy shit this is bad. Painfully, painfully, hard-to-watch bad. All of these subplots are ridiculous, people are acting painfully out of character, and the show's turned into a poorly edited directionless mess. The only things going on of remote interest are the whole lodge/coverup angle, Windom Earle, and Leo. Everything else...little Nicky, the sex witch (???), James vs. the cougar, Bobby the suckup, Ben Horne's promising descent into madness becoming cartoonish and silly, the Packard intrigue...the show has become the soap opera/bad sitcom it subverted and it's baaaaad.

Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to even give James his own plotline anyway? Even during the best of the show's episodes, he and Donna lost relevance really early on and just became annoying and irritating quick. Nothing would be lost if they both just vanished right now.

Ugh, I know the show gets good again soon but....CHRIST MY BRAIN.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to even give James his own plotline anyway? Even during the best of the show's episodes, he and Donna lost relevance really early on and just became annoying and irritating quick. Nothing would be lost if they both just vanished right now.

Holy crap, those James episodes are bad. We're on a rewatch right now as well and every time he is on screen, I cringe a little in anticipation of what is to come.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Have finished Episode 22.

I can tell Lynch and Frost have not been involved for a few episodes now: holy shit this is bad. Painfully, painfully, hard-to-watch bad. All of these subplots are ridiculous, people are acting painfully out of character, and the show's turned into a poorly edited directionless mess. The only things going on of remote interest are the whole lodge/coverup angle, Windom Earle, and Leo. Everything else...little Nicky, the sex witch (???), James vs. the cougar, Bobby the suckup, Ben Horne's promising descent into madness becoming cartoonish and silly, the Packard intrigue...the show has become the soap opera/bad sitcom it subverted and it's baaaaad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post
    Holy crap, those James episodes are bad. We're on a rewatch right now as well and every time he is on screen, I cringe a little in anticipation of what is to come.
    my wife and i always go "UGHHHHHH JAMES!" because he sucks so much.

don't remember which one it is, but one of the james-centric episodes was directed by Diane Keaton, which always makes me laugh.

last night we watched the episode with one of my favorite lines from anyone, but definitely from Andy - "I'm a whole damn TOWN!"

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Anyone else manage to grab a copy of the Fire Walk With Me vinyl from the Mondo sale this morning?
    i set a reminder on my phone because i knew i'd be out working...and my phone didn't remind me. thankfully, when i got back to my parents' a few minutes ago (almost 4pm CST), my computer reminded me, and they weren't sold out. i don't think they're doing super limited runs like they do with certain things.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm currently re-watching the first season from the marathon Showtime did as I've seen all of the episodes up till the reveal of Laura's real killer in the 2nd season. I haven't gone to Episode 16 yet which I will get to as I'm kind of dreading those non-Lynch episodes.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Finished the book.. I read it over the course of maybe 2-3 sessions and overall I enjoyed it, though it did drag at times. I wonder how much, if any, of this was derived from Frost's notes when they were creating/writing the original show vs created post hoc to serve as a bridge between seasons 1/2 and season 3.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    After a few weeks' hiatus due to construction work and general business, we finally sat down last night and watched through to Ep. 26. The show recovers; some very good moments like the recent major character death. There's a great sense of trimming the fat; I'm really glad we seem to now be done with Hank and especially James. Some cringeworthy stuff still, like Billy Zane's dead-eyed character and that awful fashion show "weasel riot", but on the whole it's good so see a lot of familiar elements come back to the fore along with some interesting developments; Lucy and Andy seem like themselves again, and Ben Horne's environmentalist angle is played convincingly enough I do have to ask myself if he's being sincere. Coop's chemistry with Annie is actually kind of sweet, and it's great to see Lynch back as Gordon Cole