Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1259

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Fire Walk With Me will premiere on The Criterion Channel (via Filmstruck) this month. It's very likely to include all of the special features which came along with the recent Criterion release, including The Missing Pieces.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I just finished The Final Dossier and it was pretty crazy how many questions are answered.
    The only thing that bothered me was Frost's overuse of alliteration. It's like he just discovered it.
    But as far as the CONTENT of the book, I never dreamed we'd get this many answers.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-04-2017 at 05:42 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I still can't get over Annie saying, "I'm fine" once a year on the anniversary of Cooper's Double's "How's Annie?" As well as saying "I won't bore you with the details" about the James and Evelyn story. Those gave me a good laugh. Margaret's message made me cry, though.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Fucking fuck I got mine yesterday and got maybe 20 pages in before I had to go to bed last night, just to the end of the Shelley chapter. This book's going to wreck my shit, isn't it?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Between "I'm fine" and the ending of the book, the rest of the pages could have been blank for all I care - to emphasise how great those chapters were, I like the rest of it too.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Got a little further. Great to see Spoiler: Donna get some closure. Glad she didn't wind up dead or anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep. Holy Shit to the whole book.
    Spoiler: The story about Annie was truly disheartening and the chapters about Jacoby and Jerry were hilarious, their pot connection had me laughing like a child. The Twin Peaks universe has this quality of mixing heartfelt drama and pure childish joy, I've never felt this way with any other movie or series. It's so great to be able to read those stories!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm really confused about the timeline regarding norma & her family...if annie was born in 1973 (as seems to be stated at one point in the book), she would have only been 16 when agent cooper met her, not in her mid-twenties, which it states later was her age when she came to twin peaks to work at the double R.

did i read something wrong?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    These pre-season 3 adverts make a lot more sense now: https://imgur.com/rM7PIwI

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm really confused about the timeline regarding norma & her family...if annie was born in 1973 (as seems to be stated at one point in the book), she would have only been 16 when agent cooper met her, not in her mid-twenties, which it states later was her age when she came to twin peaks to work at the double R.

did i read something wrong?
    Norma's family does have a really confusing/nonsensical timeline, which unlike most inconsistencies can't be explained by what we learn about in this book and at the end of S3
    Last edited by icklekitty; 11-07-2017 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    These pre-season 3 adverts make a lot more sense now: https://imgur.com/rM7PIwI

Norma's family does have a really confusing/nonsensical timeline, which unlike most inconsistencies can't be explained by what we learn about in this book and at the end of S3
    yeah, i'm wondering if that was a typo/oversight, because it literally just doesn't make sense (rather than simply being weird).

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    yeah, i'm wondering if that was a typo/oversight, because it literally just doesn't make sense (rather than simply being weird).
    One of the wikis out there has a list of all the inconsistencies between The Secret History and The Final Dossier mixed in with the show itself. I wonder if these are intentional and meant to represent hearsay, especially as it pertains to a small town's history.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    so like i said, i REALLY loved the book, but am i the only one who was annoyed by "Prolonged Proximity... Moribund...My Misanthropy" and "Beer or Bong...Career Counseling or Community College?" And that shit is all in the same paragraph.
    It's non fucking stop. I REALLY wish i hadn't noticed it because once i did, it started driving me insane.

edit: ok @Lt. Randazzo , i've been looking for the wiki page you mentioned for about 45 minutes now. Do you remember where it is? :P
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-07-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    so like i said, i REALLY loved the book, but am i the only one who was annoyed by "Prolonged Proximity... Moribund...My Misanthropy" and "Beer or Bong...Career Counseling or Community College?" And that shit is all in the same paragraph.
    It's non fucking stop. I REALLY wish i hadn't noticed it because once i did, it started driving me insane.

edit: ok @Lt. Randazzo , i've been looking for the wiki page you mentioned for about 45 minutes now. Do you remember where it is? :P
    Here you go - http://twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Twin...ier#Continuity

Also - they have continuity errors listed on Secret History's page along with Cooper's biography and Laura Palmer's diary. I think the dates being erratic and even some of the events being inconsistent are intentional. Throw in the time traveling Cooper did in the finale and it makes even more sense in my head. We're getting all of these events from the perspective of characters in the series, not a defined, bodiless narrator that presents an official timeline.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post

Also - they have continuity errors listed on Secret History's page along with Cooper's biography and Laura Palmer's diary. I think the dates being erratic and even some of the events being inconsistent are intentional. Throw in the time traveling Cooper did in the finale and it makes even more sense in my head. We're getting all of these events from the perspective of characters in the series, not a defined, bodiless narrator that presents an official timeline.
    Thanks.

I had also wondered if the inconsistencies are meant to add another layer of dreamlike quality of the material, where nothing is necessarily in a fixed place.
    Or perhaps it's meant to be some type of meta, "it knows it's a tv show" thing.

I will say this: i don't think they are all accidents. With this much money involved, i just don't think that's possible.
    Maybe the inconsistencies started with a couple of legitimate mistakes in the early books, and they decided to continue the trend.

I'm just speculating here, but i'd be willing to bet that some of them are mistakes by the author which WERE caught by the editor but left in anyway.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-07-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post

oh, no, i get that for a lot of the events. but it clearly states in the chapter that deals with annie that she was born in 1973 and that she was in her mid-20s when she won miss twin peaks, which would have put that event in the mid-90s. that is more than an inconsistency, it's an error.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Finished the whole book. Riveting if heartwrenching stuff. Spoiler: Annie's closure was heartbreaking to read, and so was the fact that Leland took his own life in the new timeline.

Appreciate the confirmation that Sarah was indeed the little girl from New Mexico as that was up in the air for a while. And the implication that Judy's end goal may have been to birth some sort of Antichrist figure was...unexpected.

I just want Mark Frost to do like five more of these things because they're such a treat to read. I'm sure he could fill a book with Blue Rose casefiles.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Alright. Annie is born in 1973 by official records. I was born that year, so... If it's 1989, she's 16, but if the Twin Peaks pageant thing was in 1991, and would be 18. Also, the Secret History says Laura is 18, while the show 17, when she died. Already, birth dates seem to mean nothing. Add to it that maybe since it was information that Tammy read in the Secret History dossier, added by Cooper, who may have tried to flub things more, if he felt guilty about her age. Also, as Tammy is interviewing people, their memories are shifting, and she notices it only when she realizes Laura's case was listed as a missing person and not murder. Tammy's own memories change. Add to this the fact that Mark Frost has said in some interviews that he didn't go back and watch things, and wrote this from memory, which any writer would know is terrible for accuracy, and I think it was definitely done on purpose to show how brutally shitty the human memory is, and how easy it is to manipulate it. I think it shows how fragile the stories we tell ourselves about our lives really are.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    Alright. Annie is born in 1973 by official records. I was born that year, so... If it's 1989, she's 16, but if the Twin Peaks pageant thing was in 1991, and would be 18. Also, the Secret History says Laura is 18, while the show 17, when she died. Already, birth dates seem to mean nothing. Add to it that maybe since it was information that Tammy read in the Secret History dossier, added by Cooper, who may have tried to flub things more, if he felt guilty about her age. Also, as Tammy is interviewing people, their memories are shifting, and she notices it only when she realizes Laura's case was listed as a missing person and not murder. Tammy's own memories change. Add to this the fact that Mark Frost has said in some interviews that he didn't go back and watch things, and wrote this from memory, which any writer would know is terrible for accuracy, and I think it was definitely done on purpose to show how brutally shitty the human memory is, and how easy it is to manipulate it. I think it shows how fragile the stories we tell ourselves about our lives really are.
    Perfect. That's what I'm getting at. We have time traveling and we have inaccurate and fudged historical documents and perspectives so this doesn't bother me as much as it would if it was something like Star Wars or Marvel.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    For anyone out there seeking some Badalamenti-sh dark jazz vibes, courtesy the Twin Peaks Reddit:

Ohhhhhh yeah, that's the good stuff.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    For anyone out there seeking some Badalamenti-sh dark jazz vibes, courtesy the Twin Peaks Reddit:

Yes, indeed. This is easily one of my favorite instrumental albums of all time, eclipsed only by some of the stuff Richard D. James has released. As far as dark, doomy Badalamenti-ist jazz goes, this clears the sky. I love driving through cities late at night to this album, and dreaming to it when it plays while I sleep; Black City Skyline and Darkstalker are my favorites on a record that is absolutely perfect..

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

i have listened to this at least once a week, every week, for about a year. i put it on when i shower, when i read, when i drive, when i do dishes, when my wife and i get busy...it's just a fucking perfect album. thanks again to @Prettybrokenspiral for getting me into them <3

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Among other things, Mark Frost's AMA confirms that Annie's date inconsistencies are due to Tammy being a shit detective: https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/c...uthor/dpj88vb/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Among other things, Mark Frost's AMA confirms that Annie's date inconsistencies are due to Tammy being a shit detective: https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/c...uthor/dpj88vb/
    do you think that's him being cheeky and realizing he made the error (since, in essence, he wrote the book as tammy)?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Edit:whoops, wrong fucking thread! Yikes. Meant to post that in the stranger things thread! Sorry to anyone who saw those spoilers!! My bad.
    Last edited by Mantra; 11-12-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    do you think that's him being cheeky and realizing he made the error (since, in essence, he wrote the book as tammy)?
    Probably yeah; I'm not sure if there's a lot that Lynch/Frost disagreed on, or that Frost got sloppy (FD seems a lot more rushed than TSH), or that he was always the person that brought the chintzy small-town storylines. I like the idea of the unreliable narrator, and the S3 ending definitely lends itself to some inconsitencies, but I've seen it better executed elsewhere.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    please forgive me if this has been reported already

http://www.nme.com/news/tv/david-lyn...-never-2164327

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I can't wait for the behind the scenes footage

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Losers fucked up release day big time which resulted in me not getting a copy. Distributor dropped the ball on this one. Low stock in literally every retailer. Pisses me off.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Makes sense. I preordered it but I guess it was already sold out. They didn't have a release date for me. Gotta watch my money atm so I had to cancel it anyway. But they definitely dropped the ball. Hopefully they sort it out quick.