Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1259

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Sunday nights feel so empty and sad without new Twin Peaks episodes to look forward to all week

Guess I'll just rewatch the last two episodes, then start all over again from the beginning. If you include both pilot episodes and the film, there's 50 episodes. That's one episode per week including the film, take a week off to read the Secret History, go back into The Return, a week off to read the Final Dossier, then loop back to the beginning again. For the rest of my years.

Also, this track by Angelo off the new soundtrack is beguiling af..

I think I'm gonna do fwwm and then try binge watching the Return. It will be interesting to see them one after the other without waiting a week in between episodes. I expect to catch a lot of things I missed.

Speaking of catching things I've missed, I found this YouTuber called Pete Peppers who did GREAT recaps for all the new episodes, along with "top ten things you might have missed" videos. I highly recommend his channel: he doesnt do a bunch of theorizing; it's more like he's watched each episode several times while taking notes and just fairly intricately recaps what was shown.

I suggest this channel to anyone who is as obsessed with TP as I am.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Enjoy it while it lasts.

in case it goes away or you want some more insight, this article is pretty great - https://medium.com/@onantiad/episode...nc-81352ce38e8

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Producer confirmed on Reddit episodes 17 and 18 are definitely NOT meant to be viewed in sync.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Cool video i found:

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    lol watching fans and armchair critics alike lose their minds over the past week has been one of the highlights of the whole Return for me. I was too young to appreciate it when the season two finale haunted a generation way back when, but this has been both comical and cringeworthy.

Lynch trolled his fanbase right good with this one..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Producer confirmed on Reddit episodes 17 and 18 are definitely NOT meant to be viewed in sync.
    what does that mean?

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    what does that mean?
    It means the creators weren't expecting fans to literally watch both episodes at the exact same time. Because, frankly, that would be a highly unreasonable expectation.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    It means the creators weren't expecting fans to literally watch both episodes at the exact same time. Because, frankly, that would be a highly unreasonable expectation.

Ahh, I had no idea any one was doing this. People are funny.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I just finished the first two seasons again, after watching the third season, and especially the final episode. The 2nd season finale is really fun to watch now. When I watched Annie, in her interactions with Cooper and at the entrance to the red room, I really felt like she wasn't real. She seems like a mirror to Cooper to snare him, which I think was someone's theory, somewhere before the Return aired, because of the Secret History absence. I remember actually liking Windom Earle the first time around, but this time, knowing his ultimate demise, I was frustrated to have to watch his scenes. I've been watching Fire Walk with Me a lot while waiting for each new episode, but I'm going to watch it again, and see how it looks through the new filter, too. I also have a thought that it's not just one guy's dream we see, but many people's dreams, so I want to watch the new episodes through that lens, too.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The fact that it's being referred to as the third season and not The Return screams a small implication that we could get more. I'm happy either way, but man, that would be incredible if we did.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I need that Blu Ray in my life!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Now that's a b-day present for me!!!!!!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BUNNY!

Just finished episode 9. It is so perfect. I love it so much. Every little details is there.

In a perfect world, there would have been a spinoff series about the adventures of Gordon and Albert, with Diane to tell everyone to fuck off every chance she gets.

"I apologize in advance for Albert".

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BUNNY!
    Haha Deputy Hawk is basically all of us trying to decrypt the show.

But wait.... maybe it IS about the bunny?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So we figured out that our female kitten isn't a female. So now our two baby kittens' names are Special Agent Dale Cooper and FBI Director Gordon Cole (Cole and Coop.)
    I THOUGHT about naming him Denise

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    http://highlighthollywood.com/2017/0...ential-sequel/

i have very mixed feelings about this. as much as i'd love more twin peaks, i don't think there should be more. i think the way it ended was perfect. i think the timing of making it was perfect. there are too many people who are integral to the show who are gone, and they can't all work as floating heads like major briggs did (and yes, i think he worked perfectly). i also don't want all the answers. i like the mystery and the open-ended nature of The Return and i feel like enough got wrapped up nicely that having any more questions answered would actually be disappointing.

plus, we still don't know what's in the final dossier.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Watching this show, especially in the short timeframe that we did (my girlfriend and I), has been an amazingly rewarding experience and also super frustrating at times. Season two post-Leland's death, long scenes that meander and sometimes don't go anywhere, and vague references have been testing at times, but man. What an experience.

After the closing of Part 18, my girlfriend was like "OF COURSE that's how it fucking ends. OF COURSE we weren't going to get any clear answers or clues or ANYTHING!" All I could do was laugh because she's totally correct.

Two weeks later, we started the first season.

I love it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    http://highlighthollywood.com/2017/0...ential-sequel/

i have very mixed feelings about this. as much as i'd love more twin peaks, i don't think there should be more. i think the way it ended was perfect. i think the timing of making it was perfect. there are too many people who are integral to the show who are gone, and they can't all work as floating heads like major briggs did (and yes, i think he worked perfectly). i also don't want all the answers. i like the mystery and the open-ended nature of The Return and i feel like enough got wrapped up nicely that having any more questions answered would actually be disappointing.

plus, we still don't know what's in the final dossier.
    Kyle did such a good job as Dougie. You want to have a Dougie at home, to take care of and sit with and have cake and stuff.
    JUST GIVE ME MY DOUGIE ALREADY! And if MacLachlan doesn't win all the trophies in the world for this, well... I will be seriously pissed.

Also: you know you've been watching way too much Law & Order when, while watching ep 10 (was it?), you're laughing your ass off at the face Dougie/Coop makes when he and Janey-E are having sex and at the same time, you hear Olivia Benson's voice in your head saying: "This is rape. He's in no shape to give consent."

I'm almost done and I have so. many. theories. I'll share them later.

Just a quick question though: during the title sequence, there is a round rainbow moving from right to left across the screen (at one point, it sits just around Laura's right eye). Was this in the original series title sequence too?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Just a quick question though: during the title sequence, there is a round rainbow moving from right to left across the screen (at one point, it sits just around Laura's right eye). Was this in the original series title sequence too?
    no, the original title sequence was completely different

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/d...s-david-bowie/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    This is very very good. And it makes a lot of sense.

There are a couple of ideas (or theories) I had that are explained and expended in this essay. First: the Laura Palmer orb in episode 8; I've always felt that Laura was a sacrificial lamb/bait and not a force of good to balance out the force of evil that the orb BOB was.

Second: I wrote right after the finally aired that I thought the ouroboros was a major theme in the series but while watching it, I felt that it was a mix of ouroboros and of the Mobius Strip. I felt that the "starting point" of the cycle was her death and that there is no escaping that. In the final episode, when she screams, I thought that it was because she remembered her death and that it brought her and Cooper back to the "original" timeline. That essay does give a much better explanation though.

Some fun stuff I noticed in the series about the cyclistic theme: the round rainbow in the title sequence, "Is it the future or is it past?", "I am dead yet I live", the Log Lady telling Hawk that "the circle is almost complete" etc.

The number 8: the sign that represents Judy transforms into this number; when EvilCoop goes to see Jeffries (in the room above the gas station), Jeffries' room number is 8; Freddie is in cell 8; The Palmers' address (708); heck, the whole episode 8 and while I'm at it: the name BOB itself: 808.

I'm sure I've missed some too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/you-can-visi...but-1818581522

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I came upon this gem completely by accident:

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    I'm gushing. This is absolutely fantastic..

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I'm gushing. This is absolutely fantastic..
    i know, eh? bless twin peaks reddit and the creator of that video
    and you for loving it so much too.
    my husband thinks i am demented for how much i loved it. (nothing worse than being super into something and showing someone and there all "uh...ok?". lol. so you just made my day)
    that upside down "non existent"! the perfect match between lyrics and scenes! "this is the water and this is the well".

damn fine video. lol.