Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    so like i said, i REALLY loved the book, but am i the only one who was annoyed by "Prolonged Proximity... Moribund...My Misanthropy" and "Beer or Bong...Career Counseling or Community College?" And that shit is all in the same paragraph.
    It's non fucking stop. I REALLY wish i hadn't noticed it because once i did, it started driving me insane.

edit: ok @Lt. Randazzo , i've been looking for the wiki page you mentioned for about 45 minutes now. Do you remember where it is? :P
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-07-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    so like i said, i REALLY loved the book, but am i the only one who was annoyed by "Prolonged Proximity... Moribund...My Misanthropy" and "Beer or Bong...Career Counseling or Community College?" And that shit is all in the same paragraph.
    It's non fucking stop. I REALLY wish i hadn't noticed it because once i did, it started driving me insane.

edit: ok @Lt. Randazzo , i've been looking for the wiki page you mentioned for about 45 minutes now. Do you remember where it is? :P
    Here you go - http://twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Twin...ier#Continuity

Also - they have continuity errors listed on Secret History's page along with Cooper's biography and Laura Palmer's diary. I think the dates being erratic and even some of the events being inconsistent are intentional. Throw in the time traveling Cooper did in the finale and it makes even more sense in my head. We're getting all of these events from the perspective of characters in the series, not a defined, bodiless narrator that presents an official timeline.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post

Also - they have continuity errors listed on Secret History's page along with Cooper's biography and Laura Palmer's diary. I think the dates being erratic and even some of the events being inconsistent are intentional. Throw in the time traveling Cooper did in the finale and it makes even more sense in my head. We're getting all of these events from the perspective of characters in the series, not a defined, bodiless narrator that presents an official timeline.
    Thanks.

I had also wondered if the inconsistencies are meant to add another layer of dreamlike quality of the material, where nothing is necessarily in a fixed place.
    Or perhaps it's meant to be some type of meta, "it knows it's a tv show" thing.

I will say this: i don't think they are all accidents. With this much money involved, i just don't think that's possible.
    Maybe the inconsistencies started with a couple of legitimate mistakes in the early books, and they decided to continue the trend.

I'm just speculating here, but i'd be willing to bet that some of them are mistakes by the author which WERE caught by the editor but left in anyway.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-07-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post

oh, no, i get that for a lot of the events. but it clearly states in the chapter that deals with annie that she was born in 1973 and that she was in her mid-20s when she won miss twin peaks, which would have put that event in the mid-90s. that is more than an inconsistency, it's an error.