Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I'll race you and @eversonpoe
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    lolz it's on, but i have a pretty big head start so it ain't really fair
    i'm a slow reader. going to a museum with me is painful because i take so long to read the plaques. but i like to absorb everything and that can't be rushed, you know?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm a slow reader. going to a museum with me is painful because i take so long to read the plaques. but i like to absorb everything and that can't be rushed, you know?
    yeah and this isn't exactly a normal book, not in form or content.
    i, too, will be most likely taking my time with it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I believe that the first and second seasons will become available to watch on Showtime on demand this month. Must mean the new season is coming up. For what it's worth I have only seen like 10 minutes of the pilot.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 12-04-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I believe that the first and second seasons will become available to watch on Showtime on demand this month. Must mean the new season is coming up. For what it's worth I have only seen like 10 minutes of the pilot.
    you mean you have never watched the show?
    if so, it comes highly recommended from some of us. Shit, @eversonpoe got a Twin Peaks tattoo

So i was going to rewatch the show before finishing the book, because i realized i don't remember a LOT of it. I've only watched it the one time through, and binge watched it at that. BUT, i have this book that i'm like 1/3 of the way through and really want to finish.
    So i looked on youtube for like a refresher and was quite pleased to find this:

It's not just the one video-this thing is at least a few hours long. The subsequent parts play if you just leave youtube running, of course.

I was happy to find not only a refresher, but behind the scenes info and quite a bit of interesting (if arguable) thematic commentary and i wanted to turn you guys on to it.
    I am like 2 or 3 hours into it and really digging it.

I will DEFINITELy be watching the show again-good god, i can't believe i forgot so much!

edit: oh, also, have you guys read any of the other Twin Peaks books?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I haven't read the Secret History of TP yet (I suspect it's under our Christmas tree) but I loved the Diary of Laura Palmer and the Dale Cooper tapes books back in the day. They were great addition to the world. The last few weeks I've been reading through this to et me in the mood:

I think we'll start re-watching the series in January to get everything fresh before season 3.

I'm one of the few people who loved season 2. I'm curious to see where they go from there.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I finished the Secret History of Twin Peaks book a few days ago. Really good stuff; it's close to 400 pages but it's a fast read. Ties a LOT of things together that I often wondered about the show. If you want to know just how deviant Josie Packard really was, or what happened in the aftermath of the bank ordeal in the finale, or the entire story behind Ed, Norma and Nadine, this book covers all those things and a whole bunch more.

Definitely recommend this for anyone who loved the first two seasons and is looking forward to the reboot next year. This book serves as a bridge to what's to come, I think..
    dude i stopped reading the book once it got into the convoluted character stories because i feel like i need to rewatch the fucking show to make sense of some of it.

I am really, REALLY bad at remembering specifics of TV shows-even shows i love.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Also @NYRexall , i've heard that a lot of the action of the new season will take place in Las Vegas.
    It's hard to speculate on whether or not it will continue the Laura Palmer angle. I predict that it will continue it a LITTLE bit, but remember, that story was originally intended to get us INTO the world of twin peaks and intended to be a never ending mystery.
    I think the new season might involve some space aliens or interdimensional beings along the lines of the insanity in the book.
    Whatever it is, i'm thinking it will be dense, dark Lynchian mystery at its finest.

I know one thing-i do NOT expect to be let down.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @elevenism So what you're saying is...I beat you and @eversonpoe to the punch

Las Vegas, huh? Not sure how I feel about all that...how do you call it Twin Peaks if it's not in Twin Peaks?
    Yeah, you win, fucker!
    so check this out

it says "spoilers," but it's just casting and the fact that some of it is in LA and Las Vegas.
    My bet is that main characters are in Vegas and LA. Like, maybe cooper is in Vegas?
    And they have to come back to Twin Peaks.

Also, dude, did you watch that video i linked above? I think you will really like it.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I was watching the series on Netflix last year with my SO for the first time since I was really young, and we were both loving it. Then Netflix pulled it once we neared the end of Season 1. Bastards.

Welp, sold a bunch of action figures today, and went straight out and bought the nine-disc set today (which seems like a steal considering the 10-disc set is basically twice the price plus, and I never really get around to watching extras anyway) as well as the only copy of Laura Palmer's diary that my local Indigo had - twenty pages into it, and it's already pretty messed up.

I'm gonna go back and grab the new hardcover next week.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Okay. So now that our watching of Game Of Thrones is on hiatus, us having hit the end of S5 (neither of us have cable so we're never quite up to date with current shows and don't really care to be), we're going to go back to Twin Peaks starting tonight.

I watched the pilot and first three episodes solo this week to refresh myself. If she asks to start again I have no qualms.
    I have also had to stop reading both the diary and Secret History, which I picked up, as I've hit a point in each book where I'm worried if I keep reading I'll actually spoil things for myself, things I've completely forgotten through the mists of time if I ever knew anyway - point in fact I don't even remember who Laura's murderer even is or if I ever saw the reveal (though after this week's review I'm pretty sure I can make an inspired guess).

Also the entire Secret History has to have been written by like Fox Mulder lol. All of this focus on extraterrestrial activity, cryptids etc isn't what I was expecting. Entertaining as hell though. I can tell the new series is going to be....different.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    posted in the david lynch thread yesterday, forgot we had a specific twin peaks thread

my wife (who has seen the series three times) and i (who have seen the series once) just started a new watch-through. we've had the "entire mystery" blu-ray box set since it came out and i can't believe it took us this long to delve back in. yesterday we watched the pilot and episodes 1-4 and literally all i want to do is keep watching because i forgot how much i love the show. (i mean, not really, i have a fucking owl symbol tattoo, but i did kind of forget how great it is)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    That is so fucking soon. holy shit

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That is awesome. I can re-watch the entire first season on Showtime and then finish the rest of the 2nd season. I'm fucking stoked for this new season that is coming.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I've read awhile ago that this new TP book is supposedly a mandatory read before the new season. For anyone who did so, is it really the case, or was it mostly selling hook?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @Frozen Beach that gave me goosebumps down to my toes.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Cooper entering out of the darkness is reminiscent of Sandy's introduction in Blue Velvet

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Welcome back Agent Dale Cooper.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    7 episodes into our rewatch, about the point where my SO and I were cut off. As I mentioned before, I don't remember much from when I was a kid and was watching but...

That is a very different Agent Cooper from the one I'm seeing here in Season 1. That's an Agent Cooper who has, pardon my French, seen some shit.

I can't wait to get through this whole thing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is it me or did Angelo Badalamenti plagiarize himself here?

Twin Peaks Theme

The Beach Theme

The stings' main notes sound quite similar with a couple of little notes added in between of The Beach theme to spice it up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What's annoying is Showtime is playing Seasons 1 and 2 as marathons and included them on demand (Netflix also has both seasons), but neither Showtime nor Netflix has Fire Walk With Me movie. Wouldn't that be important viewing material going into the return series? Can't find it anywhere, a bit annoying this is left out.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't think you necessarily NEED FWIW. It just fills in blanks of things you probably already knew.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I don't think you necessarily NEED FWIW. It just fills in blanks of things you probably already knew.
    Lynch recently commented on this -

http://nerdist.com/david-lynch-expla...it-twin-peaks/

“I can say [FWWM is] the story of Laura Palmer’s last seven days, very much important for this.”

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    You can always rent it from Amazon in HD or SD for $2.99-3.99..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...oc_yo_ref_link

Also, I'm telling you guys...get your hands on that Secret History of Twin Peaks book before the new season premieres. It ties up a ton of loose ends, fills in a lot of backstory and sets up the premise for what I assume will be the focus moving forward..
    Unfortunately the new book seemingly does not impact the new series, as Lynch hasn't even read it! -

http://www.blastr.com/2017-1-9/david...twin-peaks-tca

I found this most surprising.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Lynch recently commented on this -

http://nerdist.com/david-lynch-expla...it-twin-peaks/

“I can say [FWWM is] the story of Laura Palmer’s last seven days, very much important for this.”
    Like I said, it fills in blanks. I don't consider it mandatory though. I'd still recommend it though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Like I said, it fills in blanks. I don't consider it mandatory though. I'd still recommend it though.
    I respectfully disagree. I think FWWM does more than fill in the blanks; it introduces so much lore into the world of TP that the series didn't touch on. I consider it a vital piece to the puzzle, overall.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I think FWWM does more than fill in the blanks; it introduces so much lore into the world of TP that the series didn't touch on. I consider it a vital piece to the puzzle, overall.
    It creates more unanswered questions.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It creates more unanswered questions.
    And knowing what those questions are for the new season seems to be important considering the film is canon. Main reason why that film created so many new questions is because it was meant to be the first in a series of films.