Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Blackkklansman

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Blackkklansman

I didn’t see a thread discussing this movie. I just saw it last night And it has become my favorite movie I seen this year. It’s also a Spike Lee movie, joint ?..... . He’s kind of a hit or miss for me and this movie was a home run. Lol. Sorry that was corny. I rarely care what rotten tomatoes say but it got a 97% and I think it deserved it.

“Ron Stallworth, an African-American police officer from Colorado, successfully manages to infiltrate the local Ku Klux Klan with the help of a white surrogate, who eventually becomes head of the local branch.”

Trailer -

IDMB- https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7349662/?ref=m_nv_sr_1
    Last edited by Rdm; 08-15-2018 at 05:21 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm really looking forward to seeing this, i've heard nothing but good things

I also wish Sorry to Bother You had got a UK run in cinemas but doesn't look like that'll happen

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I saw it on Saturday and the last few minutes in the film is a fucking punch to the gut. That's all I have to say.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Great film. Definitely Spike Lee's best film in years, and yeah, that ending is a real sucker punch.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I was trying hard to remember who the black cop was, then it me. RICKY!!!!!! from ballers.

I will try to catch this one.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I was trying hard to remember who the black cop was, then it me. RICKY!!!!!! from ballers.

I will try to catch this one.
    and the son of Denzel Washington.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Great film. Definitely Spike Lee's best film in years, and yeah, that ending is a real sucker punch.
    I agree, I left feeling really upset and happy for what I just saw .

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    and the son of Denzel Washington.
    Now that I did not know. Wow.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just went to this last night. Thought it was a really good movie with some pretty funny parts for dealing with the content involved. The Polaroid scene, and that last phone call were pretty legit. I also have to agree that that those last scenes sort of put the nail in the coffin though. Hit's pretty hard.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    One of the best movies of the year!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Just got back from this- would recommend! Despite the seriousness of so many of the topics at hand, there’s more than enough comedy to keep things light hearted at times.

Very good acting/castng by the cop crew. Also didn’t know Steve Buscemi had a brother.
    Last edited by Krazy; 09-04-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I heard Spike Lee on the radio talking about this film but wasn't really too bothered about seeing it until my girlfriend insisted we went along last week. Ended up really enjoying it (didn't realise it was based on true events), it was a very good film that I would recommend. The ending hit like a tonne of bricks though and unsettled me completely, which I guess was the point. Left the cinema feeling horrible!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    One of my favorite moments in this whole movie was when they're cutting back and forth between the Klan meeting where they're yelling "White power! White power!" after spewing racist propaganda and watching Birth of a Nation, and the black activists who are telling the story of the teenage boy who was lynched and concluding their meeting by chanting "Black power! Black power!"

What I love about this scene is how perfectly it obliterates this notion that the rallying cry of "black power" is somehow the same as the call for "white power." "Black power" is a revolutionary cry expressed by people who have been disenfranchised and murdered and are advocating for their place in the world. It's a phrase that punches UP, and it is a justified, necessary response to the real history that has transpired. "White power" is a phrase that punches downward, expressing a desire to continue on with the domination and violent oppression of non-whites, and the only way to justify it is, like the film shows, through the use of lies and toxic propaganda. So these two phrases are not equivalent, and anyone who claims otherwise is either arguing in bad faith or terribly disconnected from reality and history.

I've encountered so many people who are incapable of grasping the monumental differences between these two slogans, so I'm glad that I can now simply respond by saying, "Just go watch Blackkklansman."

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Great movie.

And that ending just makes all so current just incase the audience wasn't paying attention.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Great movie.

And that ending just makes all so current just incase the audience wasn't paying attention.
    I thought it was great, too. Best Spike Lee "joint" in many years.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Phenomenal film. Couldn't move for a minute after it ended.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Phenomenal film. Couldn't move for a minute after it ended.
    Just saw it tonight. Great movie, everyone should see this.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    seriously great film. thought it was 1 of the 2 best i saw last year. the other being "a star is born".