Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Minus The Bear (2001-2018)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Minus The Bear (2001-2018)

Minus the Bear is one of my favorite bands of all time, so this news gutted me a little.

I've seen them live three times with the most recent being this past May in St. Louis for the Planet of Ice 10 year anniversary tour. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to hit the Farewell Tour unless a logistical miracle happens. They're great, I love them, and yeah. It sucks. But it also sounds like they're ending things on their terms, so that's all you can ask for.

What are some of your favorite songs? I know this thread might tank to the bottom, and that's OK.

HRP - Absinthe Party
    MEO - Memphis & 53rd
    POI - Ice Monster
    Omni - My Time
    Infinity Overhead - Lies and Eyes
    Voids - Invisible

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I love love love MTB, gigantic fan of the Planet of Ice-era work, but have really enjoyed everything they've done up to the last album or two. But I've still gone and seen them pretty much every tour since 2009, 11 times in all. Caught the POI anniversary tour this past year and holy shit were they on fire. That record is on my desert island list and might never move off it.

Almost the entirety of POI would be in my top songs list, but if I had to pick one from each record:

HRP - Spritz Spritz
    MEO - Drilling
    POI - Dr. L'Ling... today. Tomorrow it could be any other track. I honestly can't speak highly enough about this album i'm sorry.
    Acoustics - Guns & Ammo
    Omni - Into the Mirror
    Infinity Overhead - Steel and Blood
    Voids - Silver? I guess. Wasn't big on this record.

I was sort of surprised to hear the news, but I do feel like the last couple records have kind of lost the magic the early- and mid-career records had... they never felt quite as fun once Erin Tate left. But that is the way of things. I'm glad they are going to try something else. Hopefully it's more music!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Okay just finished a run through of Planet of Ice again....and now I think I have to go with Lotus as my favorite?