Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Lost Highway Missing from iTunes and Apple Music?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Lost Highway Missing from iTunes and Apple Music?

So I want on Apple music yesterday to play the Lost Highway soundtrack, and even though I had it added to my library, it woudlnt play, and it said that the selected songs are not available and cant be played.

Then i went on to iTunes and searched and searched and its no where to be found.

Does anyone have an insight on why this is no longer available and may have been pulled? Its super odd to me.

EDIT: I am located in the US, Arizona specifically.

Worth a try.... @teitan any insight on this?
    Last edited by ItsChrisRoss; 07-16-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Closer to God was also pulled.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    As was the Deluxe Edition of TDS.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    My guess is Interscope/Universal let the streaming rights lapse. Both albums still streaming on Tidal, up here in Canada anyway.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah it's all on deezer, still.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Same thing happened to me. Suck. This is why I am considering going back to owning music. Stupid from a storage perspective but things like this are lame.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This is the exact reason i still just download and own all my music. I'll always have it (so long as i have the space!) i don't have to worry about licenses lapsing, record labels/streaming services pulling albums or artists just falling out with a certain service. Streaming's great for finding new music, but i'll always buy the albums (directly from the artist if possible!) Hope its just an error and they appear back for you all soon.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Just to be sure, I checked Spotify. From what I can tell at first glance, everything is still there (Closer to God, Lost Highway, and TDS DE, at least).

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    This is the exact reason i still just download and own all my music. I'll always have it (so long as i have the space!) i don't have to worry about licenses lapsing, record labels/streaming services pulling albums or artists just falling out with a certain service. Streaming's great for finding new music, but i'll always buy the albums (directly from the artist if possible!) Hope its just an error and they appear back for you all soon.
    Yeah, I completely agree. I own the CD and Vinyl version of Lost Highway, but if I dont have the CD in my car, and vinyl is obviously not portable, I like to just play it through apple music. Luckily, I do have it downloaded to an iPod, but still. It was just a little strange, and a little inconvenient.

I'm sure theyll get it figured out sooner or later.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Just about the last thing I'd ever worry about is stuff disappearing from streaming sites. It's always out there, if you know where to look. NIN-related stuff especially, because the hardcore among us have everything backed up in quadruplicate!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I came here to cry with you all.

I'll have to dig around my mp3 collection. It's a wonderful thing iCloud can seamlessly merge with Apple Music library.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is literally why I:

download and/or rip everything I buy and is exactly why I have my own public facing media server that I can log into from my phone or work.

My only reliance is on the network, my security, and my hardware. I’ve never bought into any streaming services because I can listen to my entire digital record collection from wherever I am.