Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Numan

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I was hoping he'd do older stuff... Absolution, stuff from Sacrifice, etc.
    Yeah, Noise Noise would have been good too.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I expected just Gary and a piano like Trent did with SICNH, etc.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    These are very charming but the sound mix is atrocious. Totally dry mike feed and shitty mono instrumental mixes.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That was a refreshing interview, I'm used to the people asking about Are 'Friends' Electric, Cars, and of course (while it's an awesome story) the round the world plane journey. Thanks for that one Ryan.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Finally some good news re: the Sydney TPP DVD from Steve Malins:

Hi Ryan

thanks for your patience.

Here's the plan.

We have now mixed the audio for the Australian show.

It will be streamed on Moshcam for a year.

We then plan to release it on a dvd and we're happy to send you and the VIPs at the shows, a complementary copy.

We don't want to see fans short-changed and we're also extremely frustrated that the Australian promoter offered this DVD on the basis that
    you would receive it almost immediately. We pointed this out at the time but he went ahead with the announcement, apparently after his own conversations with
    Moshcam.

We then sent out the Decoders as a gesture of goodwill but I totally understand that's not what was offered.

Anyway, hopefully Gary will be touring Australia again with the new Splinter album. Perhaps you won't be surprised to hear that we will be using a different promoter.

Best regards,

Steve

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Numan PR
    Gary Numan will release a new DVD, Machine Music: The Best Of Gary Numan on 11th June 2012.

This limited edition DVD will bring together for the first time promos and some TV appearances from right across his career, including the pioneering videos made for tracks such as ‘We Are Glass’ and ‘I Die: You Die’, right up to more recent promos ‘The Fall’ (from the 2011 Dead Son Rising album) and the Battles collaboration ‘My Machines.’

The DVD will initially be sold on the Machine Music Tour which runs from late May into early June and will feature a one-off set, based around Gary Numan’s singles over the last 33 years, and material from the recent Dead Son Rising album.

Numan will be supported by Officers at all the shows except for Dublin. Their ‘On The Twelve Thrones’ album was a personal favourite of Numan’s last year: “Great melodies, powerful, dark. I’ve been waiting quite a while for something this good”.

Fans and film-makers can participate in this unique event by making visuals to be projected during a selection of tracks on the tour. These songs are ‘This Wreckage’, ‘Bombers’, ‘Berserker’, ‘Call Out The Dogs’, ‘Warriors’ and ‘Dominion Day’.

We’re looking for ideas, however abstract, that illustrate the tracks via the on-stage projection screen as part of the show – please no images of Gary Numan – these are for the staging of the shows, not promo videos.

The format is 16:9 widescreen and HD. Gary will choose the best films to be screened at all the shows on the tour. If you wish to participate in this then please send links to your films to the management contact address on www.numan.co.uk Please don’t send us any files, as we won’t have time to look at them: we just want to see your ideas on a You Tube or Vimeo link.

Here are the confirmed ‘Machine Music’ tour dates:

Tuesday May 22nd 2012 – Leicester Academy

Wednesday May 23rd 2012 – Glasgow ABC

Thursday May 24th 2012 – Newcastle Academy

Friday May 25th 2012 – Sheffield Academy

Saturday May 26th 2012 – Dublin Button Factory

Monday May 28th 2012 – Bournemouth Academy

Tuesday May 29th 2012 – Bristol Academy

Wednesday May 30th 2012 – Cambridge Junction

Thursday May 31st 2012 – Birmingham HMV Institute

Friday June 1st 2012 – London The Forum

Saturday June 2nd 2012 – Cardiff Coal Exchange

Sunday June 3rd 2012 – Brighton Dome
    This is awesome news. A comprehensive career-spanning music video collection is long overdue and a tour supporting it is a GREAT idea. Can't wait to see what Numan fans & budding filmmakers can come up with for the accompanying concert videos. I never thought we'd see the day where Numan would revitalize these old tracks! Just wish the tour would hit Toronto...
    Last edited by botley; 02-08-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    A Newcastle date! Fantastix

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Really looking forward to the Machine Music DVD and tour. Should make for some amazing set lists.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Sydney moshcam Pleasure Principle gig download (thanks to a friend of mine):

http://depositfiles.com/files/vupwco1mr

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I can't wait to see the Machine Music dvd. I have seen some of the middle era videos on youtube but some are not all that great on quality.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Sydney moshcam Pleasure Principle gig download (thanks to a friend of mine):

http://depositfiles.com/files/vupwco1mr
    Is that gonna be on DVD? My internet for some reason hates deposit files?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Eventually.

It was supposed to be exclusive only to VIP members of the meet and greet package here in Sydney (a handful of us) but Red Ant Touring are sucky lying whores.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Behind on my Numan news, this one was posted to his official twitter about two/three days ago...

Quote Originally Posted by numanofficial
    Really sad to say that Ced Sharpley is in hospital after suffering a heart attack. It's hard to take in to be honest. Get well Cedric. GN

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Gary Numan with Rammstein.

numanofficial Great night with Rammstein on Friday. Big thanks to Till, Kristoff and the band for making us so welcome. GN pic.twitter.com/1LtXUH5a

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really must wander into the box office tomorrow, grab a ticket for Newcastle and make sure I have spare cash to snag a DVD on the night.

Happy. Happy. Happy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just got my first gig ticket after moving to Wales, Gary Numan at Cardiff Coal Exchange, can't wait

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fascinating Fact-let

I live less than a mile from the location of Numan's "Metal" music video from 1979.

It's the electrical engineers Reyrolle Parsons Testing Station in Hebburn. Very surreal when I walk past.

Would love to arrange access to shoot some photo's of me standing in similar places

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpathian Psychonaut View Post
    Fascinating Fact-let

I live less than a mile from the location of Numan's "Metal" music video from 1979.

It's the electrical engineers Reyrolle Parsons Testing Station in Hebburn. Very surreal when I walk past.

Would love to arrange access to shoot some photo's of me standing in similar places
    That place is actually due to be destroyed soon, so I'd take some photos of yourself there while you still can!

They posted about it recently on NAGFC.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    Behind on my Numan news, this one was posted to his official twitter about two/three days ago...
    Numan just tweeted that Cedric Sharpley has passed away. Condolences to those who knew him; I loved his drumming on all those early Numan solo LPs and tours he played on.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Numan just tweeted that Cedric Sharpley has passed away. Condolences to those who knew him; I loved his drumming on all those early Numan solo LPs and tours he played on.
    Man... I'm sorry to hear that, I hope all of his family and friends are doing okay.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Status Update
    By Gary Numan Official
    MACHINE MUSIC: THE BEST OF GARY NUMAN -

PROMO VIDEOS 1. Cars 2. Complex 3. We Are Glass 4. I Die You Die 5. This Wreckage 6. She's Got Claws 7. Love Needs No Disguise (with Dramatis) 8. Music For Chameleons 9. We Take Mystery (To Bed) 10. Warriors 11. Berserker
    12. Your Fascination 13. Call Out The Dogs 14. Dominion Day 15. Cars (with Fear Factory) 16. Rip 17. Crazier (with Rico) 18. In A Dark Place 19. Healing (with Ade Fenton) 20. The Fall 21. My Machines (with Battles)

TV, LIVE AND RARITIES 1. Down In The Park (Micromusic, 1981) 2. Are 'Friends' Electric (Top Of The Pops, 1979) 3. Cars (Saturday Night Live, 1980) 4. Praying To The Aliens (Saturday Night Live, 1980) 5. Metal (TV, 1979) 6. I Die You Die (Kenny Everett, 1980) 7. Remind Me To Smile (Live Teletour) 8. We Take Mystery (To Bed) (Top Of The Pops promo film, 1982) 9. White Boys And Heroes (Top Of The Pops promo film, 1982)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Gary Numan Official

numanofficial

numanofficial To the many of you that have asked we will definitely be playing a tribute to Ced on the Machine Music tour. GN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh. Wow. Just reading that rarities list makes me drool.

Many of those only exist as poor quality VHS rips on YouTube etc (ie the 1979 video for Metal off the TV special).

I've just done a "LEVEL UP!" on my anticipation. Shall be bought on gig night for sure!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpathian Psychonaut View Post
    Really must wander into the box office tomorrow, grab a ticket for Newcastle and make sure I have spare cash to snag a DVD on the night.

Happy. Happy. Happy.
    Might see you there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Might see you there...
    I'll have a Jagged tour shirt on and look almost exactly like my avatar........

.....except not made of pencil lead.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    http://www.artrocker.tv/win/article/...ry-numan-album

Artrocker is pleased to team up with the legendary Gary Numan to give readers the chance to submit a track to a special remix edition of his fantastic Dead Son Rising LP.

The winner will be chosen by Gary Numan himself - and appear alongside the likes of Atari Teenage Riot's Alec Empire, The Duke Spirit, Alessandro Cortini (SONOIO / Nine Inch Nails), Is Tropical, Teeth and more.

Scroll down to download the complete stems to the song 'When The Sky Bleeds, He Will Come', whip your mix together then submit it using WeTransfer.com to competition@artrockermagazine.com no later than 20 May.

The free download album will be available exclusively with a forthcoming special edition issue of Artrocker dedicated to Gary Numan.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Gary appeared on Craig Doyle Live on RTE Ireland last night - click here to watch - http://t.co/MzpXfLRn