Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1486

Thread: Gary Numan

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @Erneuert The Cars video performance that they did is equally uncanny.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Went to one of the Ministry/Gary Numan/Front Line Assembly shows the other day. Fantastic show, even though I wasn't overly familiar with most of the songs they played. I was so giddy when they did "Cars" and "Metal" though. Also, Numan is incredibly spry for being 65!

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Does this guy legitimately sound this much like GN?
    Heh, would it hurt to point out he doesn't start singing until 2 minutes into this clip?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I don’t understand how people doppelgang themselves that much!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The mannerisms are there for a reasonable imitation of c. '80–'81 Gary, but the voice isn't quite right IMO. That said, with AI modeling getting as good as it is, I can foresee some scenario in a few years where tribute bands have the capability to sing into a live mic that then processes the vocal to ring out over the PA sounding indistinguishable from a machine learned version of the real singer's voice.
    Last edited by botley; 05-09-2023 at 08:11 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    From the Sioux Falls show, I had a great time

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Not sure about these images of his daughter on these shirts… fuck me!

https://garynuman.tmstor.es/product/117186

https://garynuman.tmstor.es/product/117188

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Not sure about these images of his daughter on these shirts… fuck me!
    I wouldn't wear one, personally, but I believe she's 19 now and can absolutely decide what kind of imagery she wants to use.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I wouldn't wear one, personally, but I believe she's 19 now and can absolutely decide what kind of imagery she wants to use.
    On the plus side it reminds me of the Sacrifice album cover and font.

Still got my god damn Sacrifice collection. I think I was still just missing the promo mug for it. I ended up finding Dark Light on double cassette a while back.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    The thing that made me cringe recently regarding Gary is him posting about that Jim Qviezel movie.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    The thing that made me cringe recently regarding Gary is him posting about that Jim Qviezel movie.
    Seems weird that he would support that film, unless he's suddenly converted to Christianity and didn't tell anyone. Maybe he's just making fun of all the advertising for it? I know I've seen lots of it on social media.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I wouldn't read too much into the political/religious associations, he did write a concept album about child abduction so... maybe it's just that he was entertained by seeing an action movie dealing with that as its theme.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm definitely hoping it's more out of ignorance on the macro level aspects and that he just went to check it out based on the surface level subject matter.

I can't blame him if it's a topic he's passionate about or whatever, i mean no person in their right mind would support child trafficking so i can respect that. I just hate that the messengers involved with the production of this have hijacked an otherwise OBVIOUSLY TERRIBLE THING and lumped in some warped Q-anon conspiracy bullshit to go along with it, you lose some credibility when you do shit like that as far as I'm concerned. Makes the whole thing pretty disingenuous and it just sucks to see this shit getting promoted like this.

Of course if you express that you don't want to support this movie it means that you condone child sex trafficking apparently and that you're a pedophile and a groomer. The fucking dumb shits.

"Why would you rag on a movie raising awareness about such a serious topic" Pleeeeaase, I'm pretty sure folks are aware of how evil it is and have some idea on how frequent it occurs, this isn't a new phenomenon.

Anyways, sorry that's the end of my rant. As you were!
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 07-12-2023 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Of course if you express that you don't want to support this movie it means that you condone child sex trafficking apparently and that you're a pedophile and a groomer. The fucking dumb shits.
    That's exactly why they're doing it. It's so that when people (rightfully) shit on the movie, they can point the finger and say "Aha! You don't care about children!" It's not about saving kids, it's about provoking a response with their holier-than-thou bullshit.

And for a guy who has made a living writing songs that are critical of religion, you'd think Numan would be able to smell that bullshit from a mile away and stay clear of it.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    That's exactly why they're doing it. It's so that when people (rightfully) shit on the movie, they can point the finger and say "Aha! You don't care about children!" It's not about saving kids, it's about provoking a response with their holier-than-thou bullshit.

And for a guy who has made a living writing songs that are critical of religion, you'd think Numan would be able to smell that bullshit from a mile away and stay clear of it.
    What, arguments on social media? He does stay well clear of them, yep.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    What, arguments on social media? He does stay well clear of them, yep.
    I'm talking about the overtly Christian nature of the film, not the comments on his post. He obviously can watch what he wants, but I don't see why he would choose a film that's created by a Christian film studio, with Christian overtones, and starring a known QAnon follower. Not only that, but why give it space on his platform? Also, I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, but I find the amount of private accounts praising him for posting about it very, very weird.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 07-12-2023 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I'm talking about the overtly Christian nature of the film, not the comments on his post. He obviously can watch what he wants, but I don't see why he would choose a film that's created by a Christian film studio, with Christian overtones, and starring a known QAnon follower. Not only that, but why give it space on his platform? Also, I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, but I find the amount of private accounts praising him for posting about it very, very weird.
    Weird? That's just America in 2023. I'm not suggesting you're wrong at all, I have not seen the film and have no plans to either. But if 'Christian overtones' was disqualifying then that knocks out hundreds of years of artwork from being appreciated. And yes, QAnon is absolute horseshit with a dangerous brainwashing element but if casting brainwashed actors is disqualifying, again, you're not going to be able to watch a lot of Hollywood movies.
    Last edited by botley; 07-13-2023 at 09:08 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Weird? That's just America in 2023. I'm not suggesting you're wrong at all, I have not seen the film and have no plans to either. But if 'Christian overtones' was disqualifying then that knocks out hundreds of years of artwork from being appreciated. And yes, QAnon is absolute horseshit with a dangerous brainwashing element but if casting brainwashed actors is disqualifying, again, you're not going to be able to watch a lot of Hollywood movies.
    Again, it's the combination of it all that's concerning. This is a film made for a very specific audience, and one that Numan has rallied against for years. The amount of conspiracy nutcases who are praising him for liking the film and claiming him as one of their own is what bothers me. Is that the kind of crowd he wants to attract? I can't claim to know his mindset of course, but propping up a film like this, even if it's with the best of intentions, strikes me as pretty hypocritical.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The amount of conspiracy nutcases who are praising him for liking the film and claiming him as one of their own is what bothers me. Is that the kind of crowd he wants to attract? I can't claim to know his mindset of course, but propping up a film like this, even if it's with the best of intentions, strikes me as pretty hypocritical.
    I don't know that attracting any kind of crowd is something you can read into a single post. All he said was that he saw it and hoped others in his fan base would too. It's not hypocritical to rail against Christianity and praise a film with Christian themes, if indeed that's the prevailing message (again, I don't know it is or isn't if I haven't seen the movie or even a teaser trailer). I hear the studio that made it crowd-funds from evangelical Christian communities. I also hear that the movie is doing exceptionally well at the box office, even #1 at theatres in Florida, Arizona, Texas, and Utah, which of course are all huge centres for evangelical communities — and it has an A+ overall audience rating on CinemaScore. So, if it's extremely popular and getting great reviews, could everyone who talks about it on their social media be endorsing radical political and religious ideology? I'm honestly not sure, but that seems on its face a bit of an extreme position to take. Then again, America is an extreme place to be.
    Last edited by botley; 07-13-2023 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Dang, GN has turned into Bob Ross:

https://eazl.co.uk/no-strings-attach...ings-attached/

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Oh shit! Check twitter!

A clip of acoustic rehearsals and they are playing AND IT ALL BEGAN WITH YOU!

I fucking adore that song.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Holy SHIT! Whisper Of Truth… does that mean he will end up including it on Sacrifice Redux? -

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gary-...-5ba30bb8.html

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Setlist is fucking zased, I hope there's a DVD from these shows too!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

@botley - how did we miss THIS? Two years ago posted…

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Holy SHIT! Whisper Of Truth… does that mean he will end up including it on Sacrifice Redux? -

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gary-...-5ba30bb8.html
    Let it be known that this was in my back yard and i still missed it due to real life bullshit

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Let it be known that this was in my back yard and i still missed it due to real life bullshit
    BOO fucking URNS

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Dat’s gotta hoit!

@botley, looking at show #2 and Whisper Of Truth isn’t there… but Cars is?!

Gross.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    PS, had you heard this before?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    No I haven't. Holy shit, that's fantastic.