Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Numan

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    (Supposed to be an image of the North American show listings... Just imagine it's there until I can fix it - or not)

I'll be going to Atlanta! ...If I can secure tickets! I wish there were more south eastern shows though.
    Last edited by REPLICA; 06-27-2017 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Picture, maybe?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    No Montreal date. Can't say I'm surprised, but...Booooo-urns.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just got my tickets for the Atlanta show! Is anyone else going?

I told a friend of mine about the VIP packages but I don't know if he wants to shell out $220; of course me being a big Numan fan, I thought about saving some cash for it.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Why hasn't GN officially covered a NIN song yet!?

The Becoming would be an awesome choice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    First single is going to be played on UK radio today. I assume it'll be My Name is Ruin.

EDIT:
    I'm a bit bummed out by the track to be honest. There's a part that is exactly like Love Hurt Bleed. I think it could have been produced a lot better.
    Last edited by voidnz; 07-05-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Looks like the album title is now subtitled as "Savage: Songs From A Broken World" -

All editions to buy here:

https://garynuman.tmstor.es/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    $31 CAD for the Winnipeg date. It's GA in a nice sized club. Getting tickets tomorrow. Can't wait! He must have done well ($) when he was here a few years ago, as hardly no one comes to Winnipeg.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Looks like the album title is now subtitled as "Savage: Songs From A Broken World" -

All editions to buy here:

https://garynuman.tmstor.es/
    I kept thinking about that limited picture disc but I need food more. I did pledge for a signed vinyl copy last year, so that'll be heading my way. While I'm a huge Numan fan, I don't think I can justify the picture disc at the moment. I do know it'll become a nice collector's piece though; that signed artwork is always good. I have a copy of the Dead Son Rising deluxe edition and I was glad I spent $100+ for that edition since it came with remixes and such.

On a separate note, how is the final version of My Name Is Ruin? I haven't heard it yet. I thought about preordering the CD or deluxe CD just to get the track now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    As pledgers we should get the track by default. Someone's dropped the ball a bit...people are kinda pissed. I have Apple Music so I can listen on that anyway so im not bothered.

I'm not a fan of the track if im honest. I just feel like it had potential to be a lot better. It's good up until the Love Hurt Bleed bit which kinda ruins the chorus for me.
    Last edited by voidnz; 07-06-2017 at 01:38 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    As pledgers we should get the track by default. Someone's dropped the ball a bit...people are kinda pissed. I have Apple Music so I can listen on that anyway so im not bothered.

I'm not a fan of the track if im honest. I just feel like it had potential to be a lot better. It's good up until the Love Hurt Bleed bit which kinda ruins the chorus for me.
    You know, it's funny you say that, because I couldn't get into Love Hurt Bleed because the "dun dun dun, dun-dun-dun, dun dun dun, dun-dun" part reminded me too much of a section of Slave from "Jagged". Can you hear that correlation?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Ok, after just listening to it I really dig it. Sure, that coda from Slave/Love Hurt Bleed is a little repetitive, but I guess Gary just likes it a lot. His daughter's vocals in the background sound really pretty.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post

Hold your horses, I just did get an email from the Pledge thing with a download link. Check your email

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Jesus Fucking Christ somebody get this guy a real graphic designer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by polski View Post
    Jesus Fucking Christ somebody get this guy a real graphic designer.
    Yep!
    Ryan, I see what you mean about Slave. It also sounds close to Here in the Black. It's almost like he's just recycling this stuff. I don't mind the tune being used multiple times - Trent has done this in NIN, but it just sounds exactly like it was copy pasted from Love Hurt Bleed.

I don't want to be too negative about it. I hope the song does well for him. The other stuff he previewed on the pledge sounded amazing so still excited for the album.

Glad we finally got our download.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'm quite enjoying this. Sounds like music to read Dune novels to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I quite like My Name is Ruin, but then again I'm pretty new to Numan and have only listened to The Pleasure Principle and Sacrifice so far. I simply haven't had the time to really listen to much.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    I quite like My Name is Ruin, but then again I'm pretty new to Numan and have only listened to The Pleasure Principle and Sacrifice so far. I simply haven't had the time to really listen to much.
    Get your ass listening to Pure, Exile, Jagged, Dead Son Rising and Splinter.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Gary Numan

i really like hybrid, ok it's a remix album (with a few new tracks) the rest are reworked tracks and imho their real good,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Get your ass listening to Pure, Exile, Jagged, Dead Son Rising and Splinter.
    I will get to it when I have the dedicated time!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I will get to it when I have the dedicated time!
    Also Hybrid (check out 'Ancients') and Jagged Edge.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Be sure to check your PledgeMusic info; I got an email with the download for What God Intended.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've only ever listened to and only own Splinter album. i was fortunate enough to see Numan live twice on his Splinter tour (was at two shows in support of Big Black Delta.) let me say i was presently surprised when i heard Numan perform and watching him perform! The guy was everywhere on stage. one could've mistaken him thirty yrs younger than he is. got to meet Numan post show and he was very kind. did pictures with my bro and myself and signed our posters. i would also like to add that we (my bro and myself) met some of the Numan fan club and they were really nice and hung out with us at both shows. what other albums of his would you guys recommend?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I think it's safe to say that the undebuted classic in his catalog has to be The Pleasure Principle followed by Telekon and Replicas (which he released with The Tubeway Army). So check them out!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    I think it's safe to say that the undebuted classic in his catalog has to be The Pleasure Principle followed by Telekon and Replicas (which he released with The Tubeway Army). So check them out!
    okay, ty. ordered from amazon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Dance is great as well. Start with Pure for new era stuff.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Dance is great as well. Start with Pure for new era stuff.
    I would try I, Assassin if Dance seems too dense/complex. I know it took me a few listens to fully appreciate Dance.

I do agree with you on Pure too!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Gary's been playing My Name Is Ruin live with his daughter Persia at these recent shows.

Ghost Nation, Mercy, Pray for the Pain You Serve and When the World Comes Apart have all been played live now.

Also, And It All Began With You was premiered on a radio show yesterday.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    "And It All Began With You" is now on the streaming services. It's my favourite of the songs premiered so far, a simply amazing sound with Numan's voice way up front. Cool cover art, too: