Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Sophie

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Sophie

We may be listening to AOTY here. Anyone else a huge fan of SOPHIE's music? I really got into her when I was discovering all PC Music about four years ago and I must've had the singles compilation PRODUCT on throughout the entire fall the next year when it was released as a collection. She's worked with Vince Staples and Madonna and I honestly hope she collaborates with even more. Her music is like this bubblegum pop nightmare of '90s eurodance, Black Moth Super Rainbow and Aphex Twin ... it's hard to put my finger on it, but it's incredible and I can't get enough of it.

She actually played my hometown of St. Louis on a random show announcement two years ago at our local main college's cool venue (RIP) that brought a LOT of bands in before they got big.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This album is freaking awesome! Fucked up in the best possible way!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I love SOPHIE! Her new album is really interesting in sound. It's like all of the components of pop music are there, but in an unusual way. If bubble gum pop could be ambient or abrasive, that's SOPHIE. She manages to do both on the same album and still make it work. Definitely one of my favorite albums so far this year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just got a new pair of headphones after realizing my other pair were busted and the fuzz I was hearing was because the speakers were blown lol. The production this album is top notch. I love the way each track flow seamlessly into each other and there seems to be a sonic arc throughout. One of the best records I've heard this decade.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Her first TV interview! ARTE Tracks delivering a top notch portrait, as usual

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Ah, nifty! Hadn't noticed this thread until now. Picked up Oil after being intrigued by a Pitchfork review of it (yeah, I still check Pitchfork for reviews, alas), and was very glad I did so. Definitely a weird, demented take on pop music. I love how quickly it veers from being something that wouldn't sound out of place on a top-40s radio station to something far, far stranger. Anyway, nice to see some other fans on here!