Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sherlock (BBC)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Annoyed that they just decided not to find out more about 'Mary' and just make up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Series 3 Blu-Ray/DVD will be released February 11, 2013.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    In contrast to some others' opinions, I thought that was a respectfully creepy episode - at least, in regard to the way Magnuson treated Smallwood and Watson. Over the top villainous doesn't often do it for me, since that puts me in a state of suspended disbelief. But his actions towards others - especially all the licking and flicking - is something that any person in real life would easily be capable of if their soul truly was dark enough, and that's what creeps me the fuck out.

I was so happy to see Andrew Scott back in that padded room scene. So happy. So obviously, the end has left me very conflicted. I mean, I want to be thrilled...but I can't bring myself to believe that they're just going to un-kill him. For all we know, that TV trick is just something he pre-recorded, and his network of other people is up to something. But yes, I would definitely like to see Moriarty return.

As for Mary: I don't care that we didn't learn anything about her past in this episode. Doesn't mean we won't in the future. And honestly, I'm just not that interested in knowing her back story.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Did nobody else watch the Christmas special?

(I highly enjoyed it!)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Is this show worth a damn? I've always heard praise. Not to mention it's modern.

However, I ask this as the actual character of Sherlock Holmes bores the piss out of me. The books, past adaptations, cartoons, comics, etc. I have always disliked greatly.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I found it pretty average. I think it gets its popularity because anything that is on BBC is never bad. Which is horse shit

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Is this show worth a damn? I've always heard praise. Not to mention it's modern.

However, I ask this as the actual character of Sherlock Holmes bores the piss out of me. The books, past adaptations, cartoons, comics, etc. I have always disliked greatly.
    Well I guess you should stay away from this show. At its core, it's still very Holmes-ian. You'd hate it. However, like for everything else, I would encourage you to form your own opinion about it because you never know; you might end up loving it.

As for the New Year special: loved it. And can I have more Moriarty please? I love that crazy bastard.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    it's a good show, but the hype it gets confounds me as well. The mysteries and his ability to solve them are preposterous. He has a superhuman brain but the show treats it like he is still just a person. It gets really, really over the top and if that sounds like it will bother you then stay away. I still like the show, I'm just pointing out where it can get a bit silly.

The acting, cinematography & writing are all top notch. There is some great humor in most episodes too, part. between Holmes & Watson.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Well I guess you should stay away from this show. At its core, it's still very Holmes-ian. You'd hate it. However, like for everything else, I would encourage you to form your own opinion about it because you never know; you might end up loving it.

As for the New Year special: loved it. And can I have more Moriarty please? I love that crazy bastard.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    it's a good show, but the hype it gets confounds me as well. The mysteries and his ability to solve them are preposterous. He has a superhuman brain but the show treats it like he is still just a person. It gets really, really over the top and if that sounds like it will bother you then stay away. I still like the show, I'm just pointing out where it can get a bit silly.

The acting, cinematography & writing are all top notch. There is some great humor in most episodes too, part. between Holmes & Watson.
    I took a dive and watched A Study In Pink on Netflix. Must say I enjoyed it and will see it through to more episodes of viewership.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    We're running again, don't forget. :-) Curious if we'll hear something about "Did you miss me?" Will watch tonight...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Seemed to be a lot of angry Doctor Who fans yelling "Moffatt ruined this" after the episode last night.

Personally, I enjoyed it. Not as much as the first couple of seasons, but still eager to watch the next two movies episodes.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Forgot to post this: for anyone who may have missed it, PBS does post the full episodes online quite quickly.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/...six-thatchers/

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I enjoyed it a lot too, in a masochistic way. Can't wait to see how they will explain the Spoiler: "Go to Hell, Sherlock".

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I think tonight's episode may be the best of the whole series. I loved every second of it.

"Are you having an earthquake?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think tonight's episode may be the best of the whole series. I loved every second of it.

"Are you having an earthquake?"
    Absolutely. To me, it was by far the best episode since season 2 and maybe also better than season 1. Now I'm super excited for next week!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wow, what the...? The best TV thing this year. Wait that doesn't... never mind, 10/10 still.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I enjoyed it a lot too, in a masochistic way. Can't wait to see how they will explain the Spoiler: "Go to Hell, Sherlock".
    Well, that part of the message turned out to be exactly what I thought it would be, which was a little sad. Still lots of really fun stuff going on though, so simultaneously excited for / sad about the third episode this weekend. I hate that we wait so long for this and then it all drops in such a short time frame. I suppose I could exercise restraint and not watch them all as they come out, but who am I kidding? That's never gonna happen.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Maybe I'll come back later and go into detail why, but I just didn't like this episode.

Back in 2014, Cumberbatch claimed he was signed on for two more seasons. But there's rampant speculation that this is it, and honestly, I hope it is.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the "I Want to Break Free" part a little more than it would be reasonable to.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I actually enjoyed how trashy and self-referencing it became this season. Though I also won't be too sad if that's the end, I'd definitely give a Hudson spin-off a chance.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    I enjoyed the "I Want to Break Free" part a little more than it would be reasonable to.
    I could watch an entire spinoff from Moriarty's perspective just so I could see Andrew Scott continue to play that character. After David Tennant as...well, just about everyone he's ever played...Scott as Moriarty is easily my hands-down favorite acting role of at least the last decade. I cannot overstate just how fucking good I thought he was as that character.