Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2018.07.04 - Roskilde, Denmark @ Roskilde Festival

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2018.07.04 - Roskilde, Denmark @ Roskilde Festival

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Really, really tight, energetic, classic NIN gig.

Lone points of criticism: boy, did Trent get older from 2014 to 2018. There was no real scream in Reptile, and Robin and Alessandro now handle the bulk of the aggressive vocals. I can live with that, seeing as it happens to all of us, and it still sounds fucking awesome.

I was also a bit disappointed by the set list, which was standard C&B&I. They delivered it fantastically; the band plays like a really well-oiled machine and really does sound reinvigorated. But I’d hoped for a surprise or two. The triumvirate of Bad Witch songs was easily the highlight. In fact, all of the trilogy tracks were incredible. Would’ve loved to have heard more.

All in all, a really, really good workhorse gig that sadly wound up feeling a tiny bit safe, with the exception of some fun laughing and banter between Ally, Robin and Ilan during HLAH – I think the former lost his glasses and couldn’t stop laughing about it once he’d put them back on. It was fun to watch, and a cool little spot of humanity in the aforementioned machine. Still a 4/5 gig, but hey, it’s Nine Inch fucking Nails.

Branches/Bones
    Wish
    Less Than
    March of the Pigs
    Piggy
    The Frail
    The Wretched
    The Lovers
    Shit Mirror
    Ahead of Ourselves
    God Break Down the Door
    Closer
    Reptile
    Copy of A
    Gave Up
    The Great Destroyer
    Burning Bright (Field on Fire)
    The Hand That Feeds
    Head Like a Hole
    Hurt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    May I ask how long the concert was? I'm seeing them next week and I'd like to have an estimate of how many songs I'll get.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    May I ask how long the concert was? I'm seeing them next week and I'd like to have an estimate of how many songs I'll get.
    A little less than two hours, I’d say. Probably about an hour and a half. Usual length for a festival gig.

It was very concise. Trent remarked that there was too much talking on festival stages anyway, and that they would just be playing music. They didn’t even leave the stage before Hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    A little less than two hours, I’d say. Probably about an hour and a half. Usual length for a festival gig.

It was very concise. Trent remarked that there was too much talking on festival stages anyway, and that they would just be playing music. They didn’t even leave the stage before Hurt.
    Thanks for the info, in theory NIN have an hour and 20 minutes at Mad Cool, so I hope there is no real encore to avoid wasting time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sorry for necroposting, but I realised I hadn't posted my lone snippet from the show. Generally wanted to keep the phone in my pocket for this one, but this one moment I wanted to keep.

A post shared by on