Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Random General Questions

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    "That is slightly reassuring. I got a friend of mine to block me and see if my comments showed up on a mutual friend's status, and they didn't at all. So the idea that my friend was using some weird facebook workaround to avoid that seems concerning."

Could that be do to who is set to be able to see your(the) posts? Like friends, friends only, etc? Cause it would make sense if it was a tighter lock down on the post that may be why yours were not showing while the other person may have a looser setting in use. Random interjection...

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    How much should I spend on a wedding gift if I'm in the wedding as the officiant? Is it something that is typically more than just a run of the mill $200-300 deal or should I step my game up?

Mentioned
    756 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    How much should I spend on a wedding gift if I'm in the wedding as the officiant? Is it something that is typically more than just a run of the mill $200-300 deal or should I step my game up?
    No, you’re spending money to BE IN the wedding. What with the tux rental and other expenses, including bachelor party expenses, the Groom usually gets you guys a gift. So just your usual gift limit is good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hate to admit it, but there's some good knock off t-shirts out there, on ebay. Got 3 retro-reprints of shirts that I used to have when I was younger (sob).
    But I got a fucking kick-ass PWEI 1991 Tour For Sanity shirt - Sample it Loop it Fuck it and Eat it all around the front, like I had in 1992. I shit my pants when I saw it.
    There's a Depeche 1988 Black 'Rose Bowl' shirt out there - the one with the 4-quad pics & logo in the centre.
    I used to have that shirt & still believe that it's somewhere @ my folks place.

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    What is your favorite dessert?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    easy -- tres leches cake. or ice cream cake. or cake and ice cream. or root beer floats. or oreo blizzards. or carmel apples.

ALL OF IT.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I have a bad sweet tooth so I like a lot of desserts but I think ice cream gets top billing. I typically go with a Reese Cup blizzard unless it is the magical time when Pumpkin Pie blizzards are available.

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    To be clear cheesecake is the only correct answer.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    To be clear cheesecake is the only correct answer.
    I'm recently (within the last 3 or 4 years) lactose intolerant, so cheesecake is no longer the answer. This makes me incredibly sad, because I was a cheesecake eating machine.

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    peanut butter cups, whether on their own, in ice cream, in cheesecake, or in cookies. chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination ever.

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I'm recently (within the last 3 or 4 years) lactose intolerant, so cheesecake is no longer the answer. This makes me incredibly sad, because I was a cheesecake eating machine.
    I am an absolute slut for cheesecake. Nothing will keep me from the cheesecake. Nothing.

If I had to choose between cheesecake and my wife I would eat cheesecake with my ex wife.