Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Random General Questions

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    "That is slightly reassuring. I got a friend of mine to block me and see if my comments showed up on a mutual friend's status, and they didn't at all. So the idea that my friend was using some weird facebook workaround to avoid that seems concerning."

Could that be do to who is set to be able to see your(the) posts? Like friends, friends only, etc? Cause it would make sense if it was a tighter lock down on the post that may be why yours were not showing while the other person may have a looser setting in use. Random interjection...

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    How much should I spend on a wedding gift if I'm in the wedding as the officiant? Is it something that is typically more than just a run of the mill $200-300 deal or should I step my game up?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    How much should I spend on a wedding gift if I'm in the wedding as the officiant? Is it something that is typically more than just a run of the mill $200-300 deal or should I step my game up?
    No, you’re spending money to BE IN the wedding. What with the tux rental and other expenses, including bachelor party expenses, the Groom usually gets you guys a gift. So just your usual gift limit is good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hate to admit it, but there's some good knock off t-shirts out there, on ebay. Got 3 retro-reprints of shirts that I used to have when I was younger (sob).
    But I got a fucking kick-ass PWEI 1991 Tour For Sanity shirt - Sample it Loop it Fuck it and Eat it all around the front, like I had in 1992. I shit my pants when I saw it.
    There's a Depeche 1988 Black 'Rose Bowl' shirt out there - the one with the 4-quad pics & logo in the centre.
    I used to have that shirt & still believe that it's somewhere @ my folks place.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    What is your favorite dessert?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    easy -- tres leches cake. or ice cream cake. or cake and ice cream. or root beer floats. or oreo blizzards. or carmel apples.

ALL OF IT.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I have a bad sweet tooth so I like a lot of desserts but I think ice cream gets top billing. I typically go with a Reese Cup blizzard unless it is the magical time when Pumpkin Pie blizzards are available.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    To be clear cheesecake is the only correct answer.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    To be clear cheesecake is the only correct answer.
    I'm recently (within the last 3 or 4 years) lactose intolerant, so cheesecake is no longer the answer. This makes me incredibly sad, because I was a cheesecake eating machine.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    peanut butter cups, whether on their own, in ice cream, in cheesecake, or in cookies. chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination ever.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I'm recently (within the last 3 or 4 years) lactose intolerant, so cheesecake is no longer the answer. This makes me incredibly sad, because I was a cheesecake eating machine.
    I am an absolute slut for cheesecake. Nothing will keep me from the cheesecake. Nothing.

If I had to choose between cheesecake and my wife I would eat cheesecake with my ex wife.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Has anybody been to these venues before:
    Gasometer, Vienna
    La Seine Musicale, Paris
    Cirque Royale, Brussels

Reviews?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody got some advice on how to find an affordable, trustworthy apartment / place to stay in Chicago for someone moving there from Europe (studies)?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stardust View Post
    Anybody got some advice on how to find an affordable, trustworthy apartment / place to stay in Chicago for someone moving there from Europe (studies)?
    every apartment i've lived in as an adult (here in chicago) i have somehow found on craigslist. there are so many property websites and services that let you look at both rentals and places to buy, but somehow craigslist has always been a sure bet for me.

that said, it's just really hard to find a place in general here that has everything you want, in your price range, in the location of your choice. i've mostly just gotten really lucky with all three of my places.

also, if you're talking about just finding a room to rent from someone who's already got a place, i can ask around to some friends and see if anyone is looking for a roommate! just let me know what your date range is.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My girlfriend would like me to grow a beard. I’ve always wanted to myself, but after one horrendous failed attempt during No-Shave-November, I never attempted again. For her sake, I will give it another go. Any recommendations on what needs to be done to perhaps help it grow in aside from just not shaving?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    My girlfriend would like me to grow a beard. I’ve always wanted to myself, but after one horrendous failed attempt during No-Shave-November, I never attempted again. For her sake, I will give it another go. Any recommendations on what needs to be done to perhaps help it grow in aside from just not shaving?
    oh man.
    This is a non answer, but I just tried the same shit and it just didn't work.
    Anyone on here who saw the pic on Facebook can attest to.that, ha.

Maybe you can ask @heavenly_bearded

He will also probably make fun of my beard attempt.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've noticed a lot of people asking this question since beards have been en vogue the last several years, and the simple answer is: If you can't grow an illustrious beard simply by not shaving, give it up.

Some people have it. Some don't. It's simply genetic. You can use flaxseed, linseed or any other nutrient that stimulates hair growth, but if your beard grows in patchy or you just have no hair follicles it's futile, as the nutrients are only going to stimulate the follicles already there. Not gonna create new ones.

And if you find someone selling something that purports to do otherwise, you should probably pick up some dick-enlarging pills from them, too. And maybe ask if they also have some magic beans.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    And if you find someone selling something that purports to do otherwise, you should probably pick up some dick-enlarging pills from them, too. And maybe ask if they also have some magic beans.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I've figured. The one time I did try was about 10 years ago, and yeah it did not go well. We'll see how it goes this time. I'm of the belief I just don't have the genes for it. The plan is to give it a month, and if it doesn't go well again, c'est la vie.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I gave up on connecting sideburns when i around 25. I still cant grow sideburns like the Neil Young mutton chops i so wanted but it does more or less connect up with that white trash beard i employ. I have noticed that it has filled in some due me getting older but like Tyson stated above I'll never rock a viking beard as long as i live. To be fair I have pretty bald legs and arms as well. I do still have plenty of hair on my dome so i have that going for me. gl

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naebdyret View Post
    What does Trent smell/feel like?
    A human being

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naebdyret View Post
    What does Trent smell/feel like?
    Remarkably similar to a restraining order, I would guess.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

This is what I have so far after about a week.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Well that certainly is random, but....what's the question?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    This is what I have so far after about a week.
    Yeah man that's even worse than how mine does I'm afraid. :/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Well that certainly is random, but....what's the question?
    My initial question about growing a beard :-)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Yeah man that's even worse than how mine does I'm afraid. :/
    This was my fear. Oh, well.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    This was my fear. Oh, well.
    yeah man, a little native American or Asian in the genes can kill it. I'm 1/16th native and I think I caught that trait, unfortunately.

At least I'm able to grow a goatee and mustache, which I generally wear.

But dude, when I was researching this, it did say to try just letting it grow for awhile and that it's possible that some parts will grow in well enough to cover the patchy areas, so I mean it's still worth a try I suppose.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Do ghosts poop? If so does it biodegrade or pile up so that we are walking around all day breathing in ghostly shit spores?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So lately my girlfriend has been having quite a bit of mood swings. She’s also been lethargic and sleepy on certain days as well as dealing with random bouts of nausea and headaches. We’ve really not used protection at all when it comes to sex, so I’m naturally assuming she’s pregnant. Though I could just be way off base on this since I’ve never been in this situation myself nor have I been around someone recently pregnant. My question is, what are some telltale signs that someone is pregnant?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I finally somehow just thought of this question, and there is obviously no way that I can be the only one. It also definitely fits in this thread.

Anyway, how did it feel for you when you find somebody you know on ETS, or any other online community for that matter on the Internet or real life where you finally hear their real voice, and it just blows your mind at least for a few moments? (And by then you just clearly read their posts in their real voices from there on out?)

I know it's simply because now I finally know what the actual voice sounds like, but of course, I have no other option but to make up a voice for everybody else I haven't heard at all whenever I read their posts. I've always done it, but I think it's also just a habit with the brain being wired to do that anyway.

But yes, I just got amused at the thought yet again, because I always took it for granted. Not to mention, it would be kind of funny bringing up the topic of, "I thought that you actually sounded like this, but..." or "I imagined that you sounded like this, but..."
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-02-2018 at 08:47 PM.