Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Random General Questions

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    has anyone ever made newspaper planter pots?
    yay or nay?
    we are debating between buying some of the biodegradable ones (bamboo, i think) or just making them.
    mostly: are they sturdy enough?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Variable-color temperature bulbs for traditional sockets: do they exist?

Saw these at Ikea yesterday, but the store doesn't exist where I live and I'd prefer something I can get locally.

Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Variable-color temperature bulbs for traditional sockets: do they exist?

Saw these at Ikea yesterday, but the store doesn't exist where I live and I'd prefer something I can get locally.
    http://www2.meethue.com/en-us/

i think the phillips hue is probably your best bet. the westinghouse system is cheaper but the one i put in for a customer was a PAIN IN THE ASS, whereas the hue is simple and easy.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    http://www2.meethue.com/en-us/

i think the phillips hue is probably your best bet. the westinghouse system is cheaper but the one i put in for a customer was a PAIN IN THE ASS, whereas the hue is simple and easy.
    Holy fuck that stuff is expensive. Looks like I'm definitely sticking with "dumb" bulbs for the foreseeable future. Thanks for the link though!

Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Should i come off the band name Just Like You Imagined if i'm not making much music? i made a fuckton of songs last year but only actually recorded one of them.

And let's see, i released an instrumental on youtube like several months ago, and now i have someone rapping over it and @wizfan mixed it and we are gonna put that out, which will be MC Astro featuring Just Like You Imagined (After the Pulse mix.)

But, so, that's like 3 songs in 1.5 years that actually made it to the demo stage.

I have the Justlikeyouimagined.band facebook page and there might be some young musicians who are into NIN who would really appreciate having it more than me.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Should i come off the band name Just Like You Imagined if i'm not making much music? i made a fuckton of songs last year but only actually recorded one of them.

And let's see, i released an instrumental on youtube like several months ago, and now i have someone rapping over it and @wizfan mixed it and we are gonna put that out, which will be MC Astro featuring Just Like You Imagined (After the Pulse mix.)

But, so, that's like 3 songs in 1.5 years that actually made it to the demo stage.

I have the Justlikeyouimagined.band facebook page and there might be some young musicians who are into NIN who would really appreciate having it more than me.
    I'd say drop it. I mean, you can put your own twist on it, like "Just Like We Imagined" or "Like You Imagined" or some shizz. I'm of the opinion that band names that are song names from other bands are kinda cheesey.

Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    HMMMM.
    Like You Imagined
    I kinda like that @Big Fat Matt

I only decided to use it for a band name because Trent decided to name his new band after a coil song.
    You know, the thing is, most people don't KNOW that it's a song name.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    A good friend and co-worker was asking me about Dillinger - he's a huge Soundgarden/Cornell fan. He asked me for a CD with my favorite Dillinger tracks. I use Google Play Music exclusively; anyone know of a way for me to legally download the tracks so I can give them to him to burn a disc?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    A good friend and co-worker was asking me about Dillinger - he's a huge Soundgarden/Cornell fan. He asked me for a CD with my favorite Dillinger tracks. I use Google Play Music exclusively; anyone know of a way for me to legally download the tracks so I can give them to him to burn a disc?
    Relevant support articles for various platform solutions. Easiest is to use the Chrome extension (which Google Support recommends over Music Manager), or downloading Music Manager:

Add music using Google Play Music for Chrome

Add your music with Google Play Music Manager

Download music to listen offline

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    I use Google Play Music exclusively; anyone know of a way for me to legally download the tracks so I can give them to him to burn a disc?
    On play.google.com web, you can download your mp3s, it's there in the menus somewhere. I have localized interface so won't quote exactly, but when it asks to download application, there is also a link for direct download (can do only 2 or 3 times though). No DRM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Got it. Thanks, guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone else listen to true crime podcasts? If so, which one(s)? I listen to "Casefile True Crime", "Crimetown", "Missing & Murdered: Who Killed Alberta Williams?", "Someone Knows Something", "Truth & Justice with Bob Ruff", "Sword and Scale" and lastly "Up and Vanished"... I like them for being investigative and truth in nature rather than commentary on the cases themselves.
    Last edited by MrLobster; Today at 12:36 PM. Reason: forgot one earlier...