Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Random General Questions

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    Well, now you know for future reference! Also, the other tip I know for irritated, itchy skin (sunburn, bug bites, things of that nature) is to slap it to alleviate itching instead of scratching it and making it worse. A nurse told me that years ago when I had poison ivy on my arm.
    I had a doctor tell me that when i was about 6 years old. I had REALLY bad eczema till i was about 19ish. It works really well, cant explain why.

While we are on the topic of skin care, I have this planters wart. We have been together since early 2013. Podiatrist wants 300 to get it off, and i get panicky when people touch my feet. Dr Scholls is a hack, and duct tape doesnt work. Any other homebrew remedies? I'm ready to lop off my foot and cut my losses.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    I had a doctor tell me that when i was about 6 years old. I had REALLY bad eczema till i was about 19ish. It works really well, cant explain why.

While we are on the topic of skin care, I have this planters wart. We have been together since early 2013. Podiatrist wants 300 to get it off, and i get panicky when people touch my feet. Dr Scholls is a hack, and duct tape doesnt work. Any other homebrew remedies? I'm ready to lop off my foot and cut my losses.
    i have quite a few, unfortunately. walgreen's sells an acid solution for wart removal that you apply with a brush that actually seems to be doing the trick so far...wish i had jumped on it sooner.

duct tape works as long as it makes a firm and proper seal over the wart, and you leave it on as long as possible, but that's a really hard thing to achieve, especially on the bottom of your foot.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I have tried every over the counter remedy i could find in any and all drug stores. I am considering sandpaper (maybe not joking).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I have tried every over the counter remedy i could find in any and all drug stores. I am considering sandpaper (maybe not joking).
    that sounds extremely painful and horrible. i am so sorry. warts suck and mine hurt when i've been on my feet all day, so i understand your desperation.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I should not be reading this thread while having lunch.

Anyway. In terms of comedies, what is good in America right now? A lot of my regular shows have ended (I still get sad every Friday when I check the torrent schedules to see no 30 Rock) and I don't know much about the new things that have started in the past 1-2 years. What's sitcommy that isn't appalling? I don't need to laugh, it just needs to hold my attention for 22 minutes.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I'd give Brooklyn Nine Nine a try.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Please pardon my ignorance, but is it normal for young adults to express a lot of qualms and complaints about turning ages 18-21?

I've noticed this with people my age and younger, and it's a lot easier to notice right now with Facebook and Twitter's existence. It seems like 18, 20 and 21 are the big three evil numbers of youth according to them. This just seemed to happen a lot more than I expected it too, as I saw that happen almost every time somebody graduated high school or graduated college at the age of 22.

I had my qualms and complaints as well, but I often kept them to myself, and often assumed that I was alone. There also wasn't any Facebook or Twitter when I was those ages. (And I didn't use Facebook until 2008, for those of you that already know my exact age.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-01-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I had some bad ones on my heel a few years ago. Plain duct tape didn't work for me, but I'll tell you what did...

I took a cotton pad, wet the center with a healthy amount of apple cider vinegar, then taped it over the affected area overnight. About a week or two later, they were gone and they've never come back.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    I had some bad ones on my heel a few years ago. Plain duct tape didn't work for me, but I'll tell you what did...

I took a cotton pad, wet the center with a healthy amount of apple cider vinegar, then taped it over the affected area overnight. About a week or two later, they were gone and they've never come back.
    What the fuck does vinegar not do? I use it in my laundry, on salt stains on shoes, so many awesome uses. Its like, 4 cents for a gallon of the standard white shit too.

I'm not a religious man, but if there is a god, i want to thank him/her for vinegar.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    What the fuck does vinegar not do? I use it in my laundry, on salt stains on shoes, so many awesome uses. Its like, 4 cents for a gallon of the standard white shit too.

I'm not a religious man, but if there is a god, i want to thank him/her for vinegar.
    WD-40, Duct Tape and a bottle of vinegar should be sold as a "if it can't be fixed with these, it can't be fixed" package. Some people already package a small can of WD-40 and mini roll of Duct Tape, but they need to supersize that shit and include the vinegar!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

I listen to Sirius XM a lot while driving to/from Detroit/Chicago and I often listen to Martha Stewart's radio show, and one time somebody called in and wanted to know about making their own vinegar. And HOLY SHIT was THAT ever fascinating, you need a "mother" to make vinegar ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_of_vinegar
    Last edited by allegro; 10-03-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It's also one of the best streakless glass cleaners out there. Flower shops often use vinegar and a soft brush for cleaning glass vases and display cases.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I still get sad every Friday when I check the torrent schedules to see no 30 Rock

thanks for reminding me

Modern Family is pretty decent for a time killer, though that's 6 years in now

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, that' one's been on my list since it started.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    How old were you when you first let a man make love to you?
    Next, who was he?
    Next, how did you feel at the time?
    Next, how did you feel afterward?
    What did you feel? What did you think?
    Were you pleased, frightened, ecstatic, disgusted?
    What did he say? What words did you speak?
    That's what I want to know! Now! Tell me now, now, all of it, now, tell me, YES!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    When you see it in writing, that's like a flashback to AOL circa 1994.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    As I sit down to poop, right before I piss I'll close my eyes and sometimes hallucinate for a split second. Is this normal?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    As I sit down to poop, right before I piss I'll close my eyes and sometimes hallucinate for a split second. Is this normal?
    I nominate this as best first post ever.
    Also no.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I nominate this as best first post ever.
    Also no.
    Do you think I should see a doctor, or perhaps my head is infested with devils? Tell me what to do, tony.parente.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Do you think I should see a doctor, or perhaps my head is infested with devils? Tell me what to do, tony.parente.
    Step 1. Finish your poop, don't push too hard if at all.
    Step 2. Talk to a doctor
    Step 3. Please become a regular here

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    You should buy a Squatty Potty.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Step 1. Finish your poop, don't push too hard if at all.
    Step 2. Talk to a doctor
    Step 3. Please become a regular here
    I believe I may take you up on that offer. Thanks for the welcome.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I believe I may take you up on that offer. Thanks for the welcome.
    I think you are going to @.Ryan friend.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Where did everyone's ava. go? Is this a site issue, or did I break the internet again?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Where did everyone's ava. go? Is this a site issue, or did I break the internet again?
    Mayhaps you broke it? I don't know i can see other avatars just fine. Is there a setting you hit by chance that is causing this issue.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Mayhaps you broke it? I don't know i can see other avatars just fine. Is there a setting you hit by chance that is causing this issue.
    Ah, okay /10okays

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Holy crap, seeing this caused me to go into Settings and dig around. It's in Settings > Show Avatars, or something.

I'm pretty sure this was disabled by default for me, when I signed up about a year ago.

It's like a whole new world!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    Holy crap, seeing this caused me to go into Settings and dig around. It's in Settings > Show Avatars, or something.

I'm pretty sure this was disabled by default for me, when I signed up about a year ago.

It's like a whole new world!
    "Stare into the lions eye, and then you'll taste the candy!"
    Woot!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Me and the fiancé are house hunting here in the next year. Is it possible to get a $180k loan for let's say...a $160k house and use the extra $20k for improvements on the home? Basically we'd be looking to buy a house and try to roll some extra cash into the loan to fix up the house to our liking.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Me and the fiancé are house hunting here in the next year. Is it possible to get a $180k loan for let's say...a $160k house and use the extra $20k for improvements on the home? Basically we'd be looking to buy a house and try to roll some extra cash into the loan to fix up the house to our liking.
    No. The lender will only loan you what the house is worth, because they are collateralizing the current value of the house based on comparables. And you can't get a 100% loan. Not anymore, after the real estate crash. You used to be able to get an 80% loan and finance the 20%-downpayment. Those days are long gone. You CAN get a new construction loan, which type of loan includes rehabs, but they take about a year to go through all the paperwork and shit, and they're a real pain in the ass and you generally do that AFTER you buy the house, as a second loan. And the lender for that loan has to determine that the potential value AFTER the rehab has to be worth that additional loan.