Thread: Mandy

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mandy

Damn

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    don't know if this is the right place but checking out some of the web series like marble hornets twelve tribes every man hybrid i appreciate the attempt at creativity the attempt to merge arg's and story telling don't care for a lot of the acting over use of slender-man mythos one that's totally original and creative is the flesh interface
    -Louie

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Bit torn on this to be honest. I'm not a horror buff by any means, but I do like these retro stylings that are hip these days so stuff like this appeals. Plus, I'm quite a sucker for Nicolas Cage. Couldn't bring myself to watch his Wicker Man when it was on the other night, but yeah, overall I'm feeling like this will be well worth watching. Want to see Riseborough in a lot more too. Initially impressed by Birdman and National Treasure which she was great in.

But... call me a boring old liberal or whatevs... I'm tired of old men having young girlfriends in film. Of course this can happen in real life and I'm not judging anyone who has that relationship (or other way round), but when older women aren't getting the roles they should... well, it sucks. Obviously we have two great actors here, and if the material is as good as it looks then maybe this is just the best people for the part regardless of age - it's just a real problem I have with a lot of mainstream movies where Mr Leading Man (in his 50s, give or take) has to have a female partner at least half his age. Rant rant rant...

Anyway, yes, I'll be going to see this. Hope it is good.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I can't wait to see this.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Looks great. I'm also intrigued to hear the score by the late Jˇhann Jˇhannsson.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Honestly, this is the movie from Nic Cage I've been waiting for him to do for a long time. I wanna fucking see this.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    count me the fuck in!