Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I want to GRIND you like an Animal....NIN + Coffee

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

I want to GRIND you like an Animal....NIN + Coffee

(yes, the title is meant to be terrible)

Just in case you guys missed out on my random nin spotting post, Dark Matter and NIN have teamed up to make a bag of coffee and I am happy to announce that I received my bag two days ago!

Many people on reddit and facebook were asking for the link to where they can order a bag so I figured I would post up here too to help those of you who also want a bag.

Order Here

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I received mine yesterday and after a couple of pots, i can say that it is good coffee. Not the best i've ever had, but good. It's whole bean, so folks will need a grinder of course. It smells faintly like slightly burnt fudge brownies when you first grind it, and the finished brew is smooth on the tongue without a lot of bitterness or acidity. That's what i'm getting out of it anyway.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I received mine yesterday and after a couple of pots, i can say that it is good coffee. Not the best i've ever had, but good. It's whole bean, so folks will need a grinder of course. It smells faintly like slightly burnt fudge brownies when you first grind it, and the finished brew is smooth on the tongue without a lot of bitterness or acidity. That's what i'm getting out of it anyway.

yeah, it has a medium body to it and finishes off with little bite

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I made some of mine on Sunday morning and it's good. You can get Dark Matter coffee around the city (Chicago). Going to make a cold brew batch later this week. I think that will be fantastic with Bad Witch spinning.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I just want to say: if it's not from Costa Rica, it's not coffee! Awesome packaging though.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    impulse purchase. ordered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hell of a Margin...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    I just want to say: if it's not from Costa Rica, it's not coffee! Awesome packaging though.
    You sir have my complete respect! I have been to Costa Rica many times and they are amazing with the coffee there it's so good!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    You sir have my complete respect! I have been to Costa Rica many times and they are amazing with the coffee there it's so good!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Mine arrived today but was missing the Unicorn Blood mug I ordered with it... [frowns in Canadian] ...but contacted support and we'll see what happens next. Smells great.

(update on the missing mug; they are sending it now and admitted they made a mistake)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 07-02-2018 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I got mine as well.

It's unground coffee? Coffee lovers - do i need anything special to grind coffee?
    Last edited by laz001; 06-28-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It smells wonderful as well. Really fruity - my wife thing liquorice...?

My wife is also a huge 30seconds to mars fan - we also order some 'Black Fuel', put goether by Shannon from 30stm. It's also really nice (but pre-ground)

Last edited by laz001; 06-28-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    I got mine as well.

It's unground coffee? Coffee lovers - do i need anything special to grind coffee?
    burr grinder

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I want to GRIND you like an Animal....NIN + Coffee

Geeze. This is tacky AF.

NIN coffee? Please. I have a hard time believing Trent had anything to do with this.

Last edited by DVYDRNS; 06-28-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Geeze. This is tacky AF.

NIN coffee? Please. I have a hard time believing Trent had anything to do with this.

i can't tell if you're joking or not, but dark matter is a local (chicago) company and it most certainly is an official collaboration with NIN, as they had it at the aragon physical world pre-sale.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally had a chance to get into the roast today... quite nice. I think it would make for an excellent cold brew or iced coffee.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Geeze. This is tacky AF.

It's real, it's done in collaboration with a respected coffee house and it's being sold to benefit charities (specifically the Boys and Girls Club of Chicago and PAWS)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Martin Atkins, formerly of PIL and Pigface, is a HUGE proponent of Dark Matter Coffee, he posts his own on Instagram all the time (i believe it's called "Wake The Fuck Up" or something like that). So the company is definitely into the collaboration thing.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I just got my bag today. I echo the others who say it would make a good cold brew. I just put a french press of it in the fridge for the night.

My plan is to actually drink the coffee itself and then put shitty beans in the bag once it's empty and seal it up again so I can throw the bag up on a collectibles shelf for display. I'm such a sucker for odd collectibles like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for posting this!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    this coffee smells amazing.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So I did the cold brew thing... It's awesome! I highly recommend it. Especially with the higher temps around here in Chicago this past few days. Cold brew was perfect.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I had no plans of getting this when I learned about it because I thought it was a little silly, but I'm glad to hear the coffee is good! I'm on a budget though so I dunno if I can squeeze in $20 coffee. The design looks super cool too.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    We didn't have a grinder previous to picking up the beans... so we went to a local shop and grabbed this, works great... cleans easily... and here's the Amazon link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does it taste like ash and angst?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
    Does it taste like ash and angst?
    yes, and its blacker than your soul

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    I just got my bag today. I echo the others who say it would make a good cold brew. I just put a french press of it in the fridge for the night.

My plan is to actually drink the coffee itself and then put shitty beans in the bag once it's empty and seal it up again so I can throw the bag up on a collectibles shelf for display. I'm such a sucker for odd collectibles like this.
    I just got back from Europe last night, and mine were waiting for me in my mailbox. I ordered 2 bags. I'm going to do the opposite of you, and not open it and just keep it sealed. The other bag is a gift.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I thought about ordering two bags, so I could drink one bag and save the other but in the end, I didn't want to shell out that much money because I wanna save up for merch the show in September. I'd like to be able to go all-out at this show because I haven't in the past, but the kids have a bunch of large expenses this summer so I have to be strategic with my penny-pinching lol.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wonder if Lynch has tried any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You heffas don't know coffee unless you had LaVazza. Now you can get a bag, but going to a LaVazza cafe is an experience. It is like being in Italy.