Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Set list from Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/BkbIBRYhLn7/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Night 2.

Between this night and friday's show, I enjoyed the show at meltdown way more. The setlist was 100x better on Friday, buuut....we did get the live debut of shit mirror, which was amazing. The news songs are made to be preformed live. I actually only listened to bad witch a couple times yesterday for the first time while out and about on London transit, I wasn't too overly impressed with the studio versions, but the songs live are a whole new beast. Shit mirror and ahead of ourselves are songs that are made to be played live. I was 2nd row from the barrier right in front of Trent for the show. Queued up at around 1:30am at the venue to try and get rail. Got 2nd row, which wasn't bad.... but damn, having rail makes a huge difference.

crowd was a bit rowdy, but I've seen worse.

Some jackass behind me kept heckling Trent during his performance of "I can't give everything away" he was yelling play something else, and this isn't even your song and shit... it was annoying and goddamn, the emotion on Trent's face while singing that song. He looked like he was in tears. He also told the crowd before playing that song that tonight is the last performance of that song and they are going tod retire it. It wasn't until this performance that the song actually clicked with me. Seeing how much Trent was pouring his heart into this song was so powerful.

Anyway, that's it for night 2. Paris tomorrow, my 3rd and final night on the European run. It's anyone's guess what tomorrow's set will be, but I'm digging these drastically varied setlist.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I preferred the set list at Meltdown but seeing NIN at a venue like RAH is pretty special even though I was way up in the circle with a restricted view. Nice to hear The Background World and THTF oh and of course HLAH !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The poster for today's show sold out before 8pm. Did anyone get a photo, just so I can see what I missed out on?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuppyslayer View Post
    The poster for today's show sold out before 8pm. Did anyone get a photo, just so I can see what I missed out on?
    Here's my foil

And not a great pic but the black paper (standard) version

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    [double post]

So according to Trent, that's the final performance of I can't give everything away. It was fucking beautiful no matter what, and such a high energy show.

And I kinda want a video of all of Atticus' breakdowns in TGD for this tour

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I just got back to my hostel and I’m going to sleep right away because in a few hours I’ll have to get the train to Paris.

Just a few things before I go: you guys are really cool and I had a lot of fun hanging out with you here in London. You know who you are, I’m too sleepy to tag you all <3

Even though I love The Fragile, I enjoyed this gig more than Meltdown. Great crowd, incredible venue and the setlist was pretty damn solid.

Here’s my video of Shit Mirror

See you in Paris !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Shout out to the wonderful Tilda Swinton for being such a lovely and friendly NIN fan! She was even wearing a NiN shirt! Met her after the gig, took a picture together while we both exhausted and amazed by the gig !

I loved this set list too, bit more surprises than meltdown, really enjoyed it !!!!!
    I saw the guys from Muse there too.
    Can't wait for Amsterdam !

Last edited by zsorzs; 06-25-2018 at 02:26 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Going back to the RAH was definitely an odd experience. Last time I was there, I was playing. So, it felt pretty weird.

I arrived a few minutes before BMSR went on. My seat was way up at the back (roughly centre) of the Rausing Circle, so I could barely make out people on stage. Thought a bit about trying to sneak into the standing area but didn't want to get ejected, so resigned myself to my fate. However, from where I was sitting, I could see most of the theatre, which made for a completely different experience.

The setlist was about 50% different to Meltdown. I personally preferred Meltdown a smidge. The audio mix felt better tonight, although that may have been where I was sitting (3 rows from the front at RFH). This was also top-loaded with the obvious Greatest Hits, although happily it didn't stay that way.

After a lack of NTAE at Meltdown, I'm glad we got some here. Burning Bright was HUUUUGE. And I adore Branches/Bones, which was excellent as an opener.

Less Than is still amazing live. A ton of people were into it.

First surprise of the night was the lack of The Wretched. As a long-time fan, you come to expect them to go together. Definitely a WTF moment for me (in a good way).

Shit Mirror is a monster. Sounds massive in the live setting, as do the other BW tracks. TR made a quip later about the fact that the new songs are all unintentionally fast (at least, the ones they're playing, anyway). Btw, I mentioned a few days ago that Ahead of Ourselves didn't have the vocal filter on the verses, but it was definitely there last night (might have been my ears).

Parasite = YES. Finally got to hear some HTDA material. Being overseas, we missed that whole thing unless we flew over.

I didn't recognise The Background World until the vocals came in, despite it being my favourite from Add Violence. Second half of the song was amazing. Another strange thing was me completely forgetting that I had seen them play Copy of A before (O2 Arena, 2014), but I suppose that was probably because I was wracked with depression at the time. Only found out later when looking through set lists.

The Great Destroyer break-down was even more fucked up tonight, if you can believe it. More samples, less percussion.

I'm very glad I went out of my way to listen to Digital, the Joy Division song, when it was mentioned a few weeks (?) ago. I would have had no clue what was going on otherwise.

The final performance of I Can't Give Everything Away was quite emotional. Almost everyone around me shut the fuck up (although fuck you for talking and disrupting everyone to go for beer during The Lovers, which I guess is the new Find My Way in terms of how people treat it).

Late in the show, Trent spoke for a few minutes about coming to London to record Pretty Hate Machine.

Shout-out to the girl next to me who was only there for Head like A Hole (and bizarrely, Year Zero). Kept texting during the bits she didn't like. Next time, maybe turn your phone's brightness *off* the 'nuclear' setting. I'm just glad that she got her wish; HLAH was actually played.

Overall, I did very much enjoy this show, although having just heard TDTWWA and Reptile, it would have been nice if they'd been switched out for something else, like Into The Void and Ruiner. Still great, though! I had fun.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    This was also a good show.

It was great to hear so many new songs and have another unpredictable setlist. I’m glad Trent has learned how to sing Digital more scientifically (in a good way) in the last week. I’m now in Paris and my expectations are HIGH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Night 2.

Some jackass behind me kept heckling Trent during his performance of "I can't give everything away" he was yelling play something else, and this isn't even your song and shit...
    What’s it with people who just feel the need to yell shit out during gigs?

I liked Meltdown better in some aspects, but I can’t deny Trent seemed on better form for RAH. I think he benefited from having the crowd immediately in front of him (although every was pretty close at Meltdown anyway). Gutted my run ends with those two.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can honestly say that the Royal Albert Hall gig is up in my top three NIN gigs.

On a personal level, this gig was extra special as my 17 year old daughter got to see them play for the first time, having grown up listening to them thanks to my great/awful* parenting.
    She was as exited as I was back at my first NIN gig back in '94.

*delete as appropriate

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Another really enjoyable night - Burning Bright/Shit Mirror/Background World were particular highlights. Loved his warm beer comment and other reminiscenses about his first time in London, and Atticus taking every opportunity to vape...!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Awesome fun - perhaps not quite as fun as Meltdown but all the stuff from the new EPs was awesome.

Burning Bright is fucking AWESOME live. Shit Mirror is insane and when everyone knows it will be a killer live track.

Shout out to how fucking idiotic the girl right at the front cent was moaning about people pushing forward. You're at a fucking rock gig, that is what happens, grow up. Funny when the security gave zero fucks about your idiocy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After the Meltdown show I wasn’t sure this would be able to match that, especially since I was further away in the Grand Tier. But I was looking forward to going to the venue for the first time, and it didn’t disappoint. Such an impressive building. Found myself just looking around the room in amazement during the show at times. So cool! Was at the back of my box too so was able to stand and get some photos/videos during the show without annoying anyone behind me!

The show was really good again. I’m really happy they’re mixing up the set lists so much too. On the last tour I did a few dates and they didn’t mix it up as much. I much prefer these smaller shows and hearing so many different songs. Reminds me of a decade ago seeing them at Brixton and Paradiso multiple nights.

The show sounded phenomenal. Shit Mirror was really good and I enjoyed hearing The Background World and other recent EP tracks. I’ve been to quite a few shows over the years but they’re still managing to blow me away on this tour. They’re better than ever. There’s no live experience like it and am so glad I decided to do a few shows again this time.

Next stop Paris! (Literally. I’m on the Eurostar atm )

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Great venue, set and performance. Never felt such a lovely atmosphere befire, during and after a gig. Everyone was lovely, especially at The Queen’s beforehand. Was pretty surprised at the sound in the venue though, sounded really muddy from the centre of the pit. Could barely here what Reznor was saying. I’ve never experienced mediocre sound at a NIN gig and have seen them in arenas/clubs/festivals so this was a bit of a shock, especially considering it was The Royal Albert Hall (my 7th NIN gig)! Other than that, it was spot on. Bowie and Joy Division covers were a great bonus, as was bumping into Tilda Swinton. AND wow, the new stuff is incredible live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all. First post here

After a fair bit of hunting around I finally scored a ticket yesterday afternoon - which didn't give me much time to get into London, but after a few worrying signalling delays on the train, I got there at about 8pm. Anyway, after assuming I wasn't going to be at the show, it was great to catch something I was going to be have been very annoyed to have missed out on.

While in all honesty I would have preferred the Meltdown setlist, they could play anything from the discography and you're still going to be guaranteed an incredible show. The RAH is a great venue (with superb staff) that I've been to a few times, although I seem to be in the minority in that this time I didn't think the sound was great, but certainly not enough of a problem to seriously impact on the show (prob just my ageing ears).

It was the 2nd time I'd seen them after the O2 in 2014 - I had a ticket for Glasgow in 1994 but sold it (too much going on in my life at that time, and I just wasn't in the mood). Funnily enough, when I went to the O2 a few years back I was really just ticking a box as I'd passed up on the Glasgow show 20 years previously, and although I've followed NIN since Pretty Hate Machine, it wasn't until seeing them live that it hit me just how incredible an act they are. Sure, I'd watched plenty of live videos and had read all about them putting on a real show, but I think many of you will understand/remember that it's not until you see them that you realise that they're one of the great live acts.

It's the sort of thing you want to share with people (both times I've gone solo), so hopefully one day I'll get my wife & son along to see them. Anyway, enough rambling, and I hope everyone had a great night and those going to the upcoming shows have an equally good time. Highlights? Wish, Copy of A, Reptile, The Great Destroyer, and I Can't Give Everything Away (during that last one I just may have got something stuck in my eye!)

***EDIT*** Hey, Lastentrance ^^^ - seems I'm not alone regarding the sound

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That was an amazing gig - the opening run of the first four songs was just a wave of energy that set a high note for the whole show. Very glad I got my ass out of bed at 5.45am to get in line for the rail - it helped that it was a lovely, sunny day! It was my daughter's first time on the rail and she had a blast - major kudos to the security crew who helped make sure she was always comfortable and safe. The crowd around us were very energetic and positive (apart from one or two bell-ends) and it made for a really enjoyable experience.

Only going to one more show - Amsterdam - but ever gig I've seen there has really delivered, so very much looking forward to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was very happy with the setlist (with the exception of The Frail being played without The Wretched, which didn't go down well in my section!) as this was one of the few times I've seen them live from seats and, in such a great venue, I wanted to hear some songs I'd not heard them play before. Not only that but it was also refreshing to see a different encore so the setlist gets a big thumbs up from me.

Feel very blessed to have seen the live debut of Shit Mirror and, holy crap, Robin on lead vocals for the verses! Also played enough new tracks that I was dying to hear for me not to complain about anything that was left out.

My favourite memory of the night was when I happened to glance at Ilan during THAT bit of The Great Destroyer and seeing him sat there with his fingers in his ears.... XD

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/co...mpression=true
    Great review in the Daily Telegraph

this was an amazing show, difficult to compare how well it stacked up against Meltdown as we were right on the front row for that so the atmosphere was just electric and view of the band impeccable.
    It’s incredible that this far along, TR and co are still performing shows that are up there with the best I’ve ever seen (namely first London Brixton academy show of the Fragility 1.0 tour and London Astoria 2005). I love and enjoy plenty of bands and see them live but at this point NIN are just competing against their own past shows as to my favourite gigs of all time.

someone mentioned sound above, yes I thought sound was a bit muddy through Wish but then it seemed to right itself

highlights, people cross at The Wretched fake out, the new material sounding fantastic, loved Robins shrieking vocals for Shit Mirror, ahead of ourselves (my new fave on the album, listened to it about 30 times on the train back to Cardiff), so pleased to hear the Bowie cover the final time and glad I wasn’t near the heckling twat, it was completely hushed where we were, Piggy was really great esp as my sister was a bit upset at them omitting that at meltdown, she considers them a set like frail/wretched, burning bright I was a bit dubious about as YouTube videos don’t do it justice but it definitely lived up to people raving about it
    Last edited by WorzelG; 06-25-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’ve lost count now on how many times I’ve seen NIN, but this was pretty special. No northern date, missed Meltdown tickets despite ringing and being online for hours around the time they went on sale (Oh and NIN pre-sale went straight to Junk, DOH!)
    Black Moth Super Rainbow supported which was mad because we listened to one song of theirs on repeat about 10 years ago. They finished on it which was pretty sweet. It’s great.

Branches / Bones is such a great intro to the gig, all guns blazing. Loved it.
    Thought I’d be bored of Less Than, but it’s bloody great live.

Shit Mirror is great live. Robin sings the verses, great to see him take the stage proper at any point.

The Frail didn’t go into The Wretched. Made me physically mouth the words “What the fuck”.
    Not a great fan of The Lovers so yeah, the only meh moment for me.

Ahead of Ourselves was good, God Break down the Door was way fun too, got groove that one. Copy of A has the simplest but best light/shadow effect I’ve seen in a long time, gives that almost bullet time feel, really liked it.
    I can’t give everything away was a moment. Very much Trent saying goodbye to Bowie here in London. Announcing that this was the last time they’d play it. He looked moved to tears from where I was, really emotional, his voice sounds great.

The Background World is so good, surprised how great it fits live too.

The Great Destroyer I’m pretty sure is now entirely Trump samples.

Burning Bright was an absolute assault on the senses, the hall lit up all around and 5 mins of constant smoke machine made the place super eerie.

Digital was good, but no one knew what it was which meant the vibe around was a little meh.
    So glad they played HLAH, TDTWWA.

Seeing the new stuff live (much like A Perfect Circles most recent) has made me enjoy the record much more. Sessioned Bad Witch all the way back to the Wirral today, it’s immense.

Final little niggle. Play up North, cost me a fair bit of cash that trip. Oh and different merch stalls had one or two items that the others didn’t, frustrating if you’d already bought something and saw something better at another stand. Prices were great though Thanks to all the lovely folks sat with me up on X Row 2, good vibes and to the Kent couple who hung out in the bar with me before.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Hearing that the sound sucked in the pit makes me glad I was way up on the Circle. The sound up there was absolutely brilliant, even if the band were just little ants running around the stage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought I had gone deaf because I could hardly hear any high sounds. Afterwards my friend reassured me that there was nothing wrong with my hearing, the sound was just very bad. An overall great experience. I can't give everything away made me cry. Loved all the new tracks, wasn't a big fan of God break down the door but now I am an absolute lover of the track. Robin singing, erm ... okay ... I was a little confused but admit: I liked it. Survivalism: oh yeah! And yes, all those new tracks are fucking fast. Was very happy they played the new tracks, always a delight discovering them when they are being played live. Reptile, anytime, anywhere, anyplace. The day the world went away, looking down on the stage: a bit of male band bonding. The hand that feeds: a lot of people aren't too keen on the track but ... it's just a boat. Atmosphere at the venue was great, lost of people had friends scattered all over the Hall but I think everybody was bonding in their own little box with strangers. Only downside: I was looking forward to sitting down at tier 1 and just sit and enjoy. Two guys in front of me were standing up and spoiling my view and forcing all the others to stand up too They were the only two standing up constantly at tier 1. It's okay to stand up and go crazy during a couple of tracks but have some consideration for other people.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Shakeycam of ICGEI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Beautiful show. I loved Friday even more just because it was the first in 4 long years since I saw them last. The new songs are so aggressive and hectic live, so amazing. Was in the Grand Tier 37 and had a great and better view than Friday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

Some jackass behind me kept heckling Trent during his performance of "I can't give everything away" he was yelling play something else, and this isn't even your song and shit... it was annoying and goddamn, the emotion on Trent's face while singing that song. He looked like he was in tears. He also told the crowd before playing that song that tonight is the last performance of that song and they are going tod retire it. It wasn't until this performance that the song actually clicked with me. Seeing how much Trent was pouring his heart into this song was so powerful.

Anyway, that's it for night 2. Paris tomorrow, my 3rd and final night on the European run. It's anyone's guess what tomorrow's set will be, but I'm digging these drastically varied setlist.
    I would have threatened to beat the shit out of him. I dont mess around. Especially as you said the way Trent sings it. Zero tolerance for such people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I prefered the RFH show for the overall experience, had terrible seats here, but managed to sneak about in the dark to get a view at least.
    Making use of strobe lights and other lights through the whole arena space was a cool touch, provided a unique atmosphere.

The new stuff is great live, with the pulsing noises post hit mirror, pre ahead of ourselves, I thought starfuckers was going to be resurrected.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Here's my foil

And not a great pic but the black paper (standard) version
    do you know many the foil was limited to?