Thread: Quake (1996)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm on a Mac, what software can I use to see if the flag is on my copy? I ripped with XLD and then used xAct to make a de-emphasis copy, but I'm using Audition to compare the two, and the info above 16kHz isn't as pronounced on my original. So maybe mine has the flag?

EDIT: booted up my old XP machine and used EAC, and it says "No" pre-emphasis.

IFPI 3V38 (inner ring)
    IFPI LG32
    Last edited by trollmanen; 01-23-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I'm on a Mac, what software can I use to see if the flag is on my copy? I ripped with XLD and then used xAct to make a de-emphasis copy, but I'm using Audition to compare the two, and the info above 16kHz isn't as pronounced on my original. So maybe mine has the flag?

EDIT: booted up my old XP machine and used EAC, and it says "No" pre-emphasis.

IFPI 3V38 (inner ring)
    IFPI LG32
    If using EAC to test for pre-emphasis flags, the safest bet is v0.95 prebeta 3. The ability to detect flags in the subcode was removed after this version.

ETA: You can download a portable version, so that you can have multiple versions of EAC without them interfering with one another.
    Last edited by Jon; 01-24-2020 at 09:53 AM.