Thread: Ahead Of Ourselves Debuted Live

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Ahead Of Ourselves Debuted Live

Has been played live, let's discuss it!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Ahead Of Ourselves Debuted Live

Well, now that it's made its live debut, let's discuss this incredibly exciting new track that we have a couple of decent videos for. I instantly loved it when I heard it at the presale in NYC, and was kind of shocked at its fusion of some very vintage NIN brutality, late 90s IDM/DnB elements, with more modern touches. Can't wait to be able to hear the studio version 500 times.

Front rail vid:
    Last edited by Pbgut; 06-17-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I was their, and IT WAS AWESOM!!! I loved the fast pace and it really got the crowd moving although you can't really tell in the video. Can't wait to listen to the studio version on headphones to give it a more attentive listen. This one is going to please the rougher side of nin attraction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This song gives me great hope for the rest of the EP. GBDTD was good, but a bit too Bowie-derivative imo. Now I'm not sure what to expect from the other tracks, in a good way!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This, God Breakdown The Door and Shit Mirror tell me we are in for a quite an aggressive, varied and intense record.

Honestly, just hearing this, is making me super excited for the overall album. It tells me that somehow, this album will be even crazier than Add Violence and Not The Actual Events combined.

This song is giving me small Antichrist Superstar vibes, particularly I am reminded of "The Reflecting God" in the choruses. Which is a good thing, since that is my most favorite song off that album.

I utterly love how the song goes from insane angry to calm in matter of few seconds and goes in-between them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The chorus on the recording is just absolutely crushing. It sounded like it was twice as loud as the rest of the song, on just the parts when the vocals would hit, and would quickly jump back down to the regular level once the vocals were over.

It *sounds* like it was very well received from the cheering at the end of the first video!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    And now we know to what the buttons refer...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I got a very strong "Perfect Drug" vibe when the song started.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Sigh. Is it really that hard to keep this in a tour spoilers thread?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I heard that song and holy fuck. It kicks fucking ass. Trent, Atticus, and the boys are just unstoppable. They just keep delivering the goods.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I dont wanna listen to the song until the album comes out but I will say the setlist last night stomped the living shit out of the setlists the first 2 nights.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I only watched the one live vid last night, on my phone, but it sounds very impressive. I like the flowing drum and base with the loud and bright sounding chorus loud bits. I don't want to listen to it again until we get the EP (LP). Really excited for what else is on the record now, more than ever before.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    It *sounds* like it was very well received from the cheering at the end of the first video!
    Ohh it was!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ♬ And we just can't help ourselves
    And we just can't help ourselves

[SPACESHIP FROM PLANET OF NOISE CRASHES INTO EARTH]

OB-SO-LETE! IN-SIG-NIF-I-CANT!
    ANT-I-QUA-TED! IR-REL-E-VANT! ♬

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Sigh. Is it really that hard to keep this in a tour spoilers thread?

In the authors defense, This tread was perfectly labelled Ahead Of Ourselves Debuted Live. Considering you haven't heard of that song before you should have deducted that the tread was talking about a new song (The world "Debuted" should have given it away also). It's your right to wait to listen to a song properly before it comes out so if you didn't want to read about it you just shouldn't have come into this thread.

Sorry. Not Sorry.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    you just shouldn't have come into this thread.
    OK, I apologize, but all it took me was one click on New Posts forum button and there was a new thread title right in my face. I agree, I didn't even heard the song yet so it's not much of a spoiler (yet), but I suspect it would be the same if they'd play WITT of The Perfect Drug all of a sudden. Just name the thread Bad Witch songs live or something.

It also happened right after I carelessly went into Spoiler: David Bowie subreddit which greeted me with another spoiler.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well, this thread is dedicated to the song. So its name is in the the thread title

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think I'll be able to hold of until the studio release (leaked or not). It could be the first time I don't click play "instantly".

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    I think I'll be able to hold of until the studio release (leaked or not). It could be the first time I don't click play "instantly".
    Probably will be able to hear it Wednesday since people should be getting their preorders then.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Oh....oh my...oh i really can't wait for Friday now!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I saw a live clip; i couldn't resist (even though I MOSTLY resisted at the ticket presale.)

I'm starting to wonder: will this be NIN's Earthling? Are we going to get a mostly dnb NIN record?
    I hope so. nin with drum and bass elements is a fucking great thing, and furthermore, this thing sounds more "analog -y" to me than TPD and SF, which is also a great thing.

The live version of that song is my favorite new NIN in a long, long time.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    OK, I apologize, but all it took me was one click on New Posts forum button and there was a new thread title right in my face. I agree, I didn't even heard the song yet so it's not much of a spoiler (yet), but I suspect it would be the same if they'd play WITT of The Perfect Drug all of a sudden. Just name the thread Bad Witch songs live or something.

It also happened right after I carelessly went into Spoiler: David Bowie subreddit which greeted me with another spoiler.
    Truthfully, the setlists for the three shows have been all over the place and inconsistent, so aside from wild covers here and there, you're not spoiling yourself too much. I'd say if you're only doing one show this year, you'd be fine looking at what's been played. If you're doing multiple shows, maybe avoid as much as you can so you can experience the randomness.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I know that I cant be the only one who heard the studio version of this song in the listening booth at the ticket presale. From what I do remember it was INTENSE and chaotic sounding.

The live version seemed to be a good rendition but I just remember thinking HOLY SHIT when i heard it the first time. I'm looking forward to hearing it again on friday!