Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: COLD & BLACK & INFINITE & OMG IT'S HERE - The NIN Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    It was an appropriate setlist for a festival. I'm sure they appreciated Closer and HHH more than we would. I'd have been annoyed at that setlist at a solo show but this was fit for purpose.

Given that Massive Attack pulled out of the lineup, I'm OK with not having made the festival (great lineup nonetheless). I dread to think what the temperature is at 2am in Madrid. I'm sat here with fans on and the doors open in central London.

Actually, the weather was quite good for Madrid, including a nice gentle breeze.
    Last edited by Shunt; Yesterday at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I donít get why NIN were underneath QOTSA and Depeche on the line up posters but came on after?
    Because playing after anyone doesn't automatically make you the headliner?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The stream is one of my favorite recordings of NIN I've ever seen. It may not be the best show ever recorded or have a super elaborate stage set-up, but the concept of a black and white video being shot almost entirely from the stage with a light show heavily focused on shadows is so original and unique. I would buy an official release of a show shot this way. It's super cool. I'm happy with what we have, but if an HD source surfaces it'll be a must have.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    It was an appropriate setlist for a festival. I'm sure they appreciated Closer and HHH more than we would. I'd have been annoyed at that setlist at a solo show but this was fit for purpose.

Given that Massive Attack pulled out of the lineup, I'm OK with not having made the festival (great lineup nonetheless). I dread to think what the temperature is at 2am in Madrid. I'm sat here with fans on and the doors open in central London.
    Iím glad I did it. Witnessing the very last EU show ever should be epic. -lol-
    Serious: Iím glad I was there at the last show NIN did this EU tour and the last one of my NIN marathon.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I hope itís not the last European show ever. European audiences deserve more than festival gigs. But I can see why Trent would rather shrug and refuse to plan ahead than pulling another Wave Goodbye.

Itís sort of amazing his career recovered after that. The same move wrecked Gary Numanís career for a good decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Numans career was at the low point during more than a decade and I don't think it was the case for NIN (even after the WG tour). We can not compare.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It wasnít the case for NIN, and thatís why Iím amazed. Generally, fans tend to get frustrated when an artist announces a farewell tour, and then returns a few years later. It wasnít the case here.